General rugby league news 2012

Talk about NRL, State of Origin, Tests, Four Nations, World Cup, everything rugby league

Moderator: GH Moderators

David Furner
PostPosted: December 22, 2012, 8:50 am
The Nickman wrote:Nope, nagas=ferguson tried to say I'm only saying there's a difference due to state allegiances.

I'm saying there's a massive difference between an open-handed slap and a glassing. Even a dense New South Welshman can see that.

:lol: Nickman I think the point Greenbits is trying to make, which most QLD blinkered fools fail to see is that you believe Inglis' story but don't believe Bird's story. I distinctly remember Bird and his partner at the time, denying the glassing ( I think they made up some crap about a light bulb exploding or a light shade shattering on her eye ). So in one instance you are taking the side of the player and in the other you are taking the side of the DPP.

However, it is nice that you are showing such an interest in two New South Welshmen.
Raiders Member #4173
Bay 72, Row T, Seat 8

David Furner
PostPosted: December 22, 2012, 9:10 am
I've seen several reports that the NRL has hired an IT company to review clubs' computers for Salary Cap breaches. The first club to be reviewed was Manly. According to the reports every single club has complained about the decision. Could be very interesting times ahead, not only for clubs but also for the bookies with Premiership and Wooden spoon betting. Melbourne were about $20 for the spoon a few years ago when they were stripped of all points.

What do people think? Could this mean a return to the bad old days of brown paper bags under the table? Will the NRL be able to go that extra step and seek assistance from the ATO to audit players earnings?
Raiders Member #4173
Bay 72, Row T, Seat 8
Laurie Daley
PostPosted: December 22, 2012, 9:18 am
Gerg wrote:
The Nickman wrote:Nope, nagas=ferguson tried to say I'm only saying there's a difference due to state allegiances.

I'm saying there's a massive difference between an open-handed slap and a glassing. Even a dense New South Welshman can see that.

:lol: Nickman I think the point Greenbits is trying to make, which most QLD blinkered fools fail to see is that you believe Inglis' story but don't believe Bird's story. I distinctly remember Bird and his partner at the time, denying the glassing ( I think they made up some crap about a light bulb exploding or a light shade shattering on her eye ). So in one instance you are taking the side of the player and in the other you are taking the side of the DPP.

However, it is nice that you are showing such an interest in two New South Welshmen.

Exactly. Plus Greenbits didn't say anything about NSW or QLD (for once).
RIP Greenbits: 2007-2014
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player:
Captain Croker
PostPosted: December 22, 2012, 9:18 am
Heres the link to the story Gerg is referring to

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/ ... 6542085307
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player:
Captain Croker
PostPosted: December 22, 2012, 9:20 am
Then there is this

NRL club bosses want salary cap auditor Ian Schubert held to audit for his decisions

Read more: http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/nrl- ... z2FjPt4b93
Mal Meninga

Favourite Player:
Bay56
PostPosted: December 22, 2012, 11:56 am
Raidersrawesome wrote:Then there is this

NRL club bosses want salary cap auditor Ian Schubert held to audit for his decisions

Read more: http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/nrl- ... z2FjPt4b93

The ARLC and players union couldn't even agree what the salary cap for next year was going to be, but they still point the finger at Schubert for that Folau situation because he wanted to uphold the integrity of the cap system rather than give turncoats preferential treatment. :lol:

David Furner
PostPosted: December 28, 2012, 11:11 am
Probably not the right thread but apparently Justin Poore was sent off in his first ESL game for Wakefield (?) against Leeds. He was involved in a brawl with some fella called Bailey, couldn't find any footage of it. According to an article I read he had conceded three penalties prior to the send off. Glad we didn't end up with him.
Raiders Member #4173
Bay 72, Row T, Seat 8
David Furner

Favourite Player:
Past:Daley
Present: Austin, Wighton & Croker
PostPosted: December 28, 2012, 11:39 am
Gerg wrote:Probably not the right thread but apparently Justin Poore was sent off in his first ESL game for Wakefield (?) against Leeds. He was involved in a brawl with some fella called Bailey, couldn't find any footage of it. According to an article I read he had conceded three penalties prior to the send off. Glad we didn't end up with him.

Pretty sure that Bailey fella is a pretty good brawler... ex jail-bird i think
2017: 1. Wighton 2. Cotric 3. Croker (c) 4. Leiluia 5. Rapana 6. Austin 7. Sezer 8. Paulo 9. Hodgson 10. Boyd 11. Papalii 12. Whitehead 13. Soliola ----
14. Baptiste 15. Taylor 16. Bateman 17. Tarpine

Concentrate on the process and the result will take care of itself...
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player:
Captain Croker
PostPosted: December 28, 2012, 12:14 pm
Probably showed more guts in his 1st game in the ESL than he did in all his NRL career
Mal Meninga

Favourite Player:
Bay56
PostPosted: December 28, 2012, 9:14 pm
Justin Poore is a dud.
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player:
Captain Croker
PostPosted: December 30, 2012, 5:49 am
St George Illawarra Dragons in $6m bid to sign Melbourne Storm coach Craig Bellamy

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/ ... 6545111350
Don Furner
PostPosted: December 30, 2012, 6:41 am
Raidersrawesome wrote:St George Illawarra Dragons in $6m bid to sign Melbourne Storm coach Craig Bellamy

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/ ... 6545111350

Good luck to them, it's a shame our own club penny pinches on getting the best coaches.
Previous

Return to Rugby League