Footy Shows

Talk about NRL, State of Origin, Tests, Four Nations, World Cup, everything rugby league

Moderator: GH Moderators

Don Furner
PostPosted: July 19, 2015, 8:55 pm
Pigman wrote:Isn't it filmed in Sydney? Doesnt it make sense that players who live 30kms from the **** studio are easier to book and have more flexible availability than people in Canberra who have to fly/drive 300kms?

Canberra players appearing on the Sunday show, would just about have to be first plane out of Canberra to get into make up and go through all the run down stuff. On the Thursday, they'd have to fly out late after training, and come in first thing in the morning and probably head straight to training. Least of all for those with kids or other commitments.

I dunno about you guys, but none of that sounds like fun to me, and not something i'd volunteer for often.

Jesus wept.

Well that would make perfect sense if they didn't regularly have players from Queensland or Victoria, and if they can't get them to Sydney, they video them in.

Jesus wept.
Mal Meninga
PostPosted: July 19, 2015, 8:58 pm
Pigman wrote:Isn't it filmed in Sydney? Doesnt it make sense that players who live 30kms from the **** studio are easier to book and have more flexible availability than people in Canberra who have to fly/drive 300kms?

Canberra players appearing on the Sunday show would just about have to be on the first plane out of Canberra to get into make-up and go through all the run down stuff. On the Thursday, they'd have to fly out late after training, and come in first thing in the morning and probably head straight to training or take time off. Least of all for those with kids or other commitments.

I dunno about you guys, but none of that sounds like fun to me, and not something i'd volunteer for often. Of course they have a **** load more players from sydney clubs, it's the only thing that logistically makes sense.
And yet still they have Blake Austin on a week ago for a piece, and they've got him coming in on Thursday night, and we're STILL crying about it!

Jesus wept.

You speak too much sense for this discussion
Mal Meninga

Favourite Player:
Nick Cotric
PostPosted: July 19, 2015, 8:58 pm
There is 3 QLD clubs, it's a huge TV market and there is one of those teams playing in sydney EVERY week, again logistically it makes sense because the player just flys up a night early and rejoins his team mates the following day in sydney.

We're in Canberra half the year, we split the away games with QLD, Melbourne and NZ, we're probably only in Sydney 6-7 times PER YEAR, and recently we've been making those trips the day of, or the night before games. Doesnt leave our players much chance to getting their jibber on with Fatty Vautin and co, does it?

What next? Complaining that when they go down to do shows live in Melbourne that Storm players get loads of coverage. Our fans are the worst :lol:
Honestly, sort it out GE.
The List - K.Love, Keno, Zippy's tennis angels, LA Lakers, Noah, Boozer, Lucy's horse tips, Colts, Lucy, Kevin Proctor, Dr Zaius, TR....
Don Furner
PostPosted: July 19, 2015, 9:01 pm
What, you'd rather a situation where our club receives no exposure on Nine or even Fox Sports, for years on end. Because that's what is happening. The official broadcasters have a responsibility to promote the sport, and ALL the clubs IMO. And if they don't want to do it, we should find new broadcasters.

Sort it out.
Mal Meninga
PostPosted: July 19, 2015, 9:04 pm
I wouldn't call the **** league show on TV "promoting the code", more like demoting it
Mal Meninga

Favourite Player:
Nick Cotric
PostPosted: July 19, 2015, 9:04 pm
Hahaha!
You've got your wish then, Blake Austin got some air time last week, and he'll be getting more again this week (when we play Penrith, in sydney, y'know that whole "logistically making sense" thing?)

I cant imagine what i must be like for your cats to have to listen to you rant about this kind of Bull. :lol:
The List - K.Love, Keno, Zippy's tennis angels, LA Lakers, Noah, Boozer, Lucy's horse tips, Colts, Lucy, Kevin Proctor, Dr Zaius, TR....
Laurie Daley

Favourite Player:
Josh Hodgson
PostPosted: July 19, 2015, 9:10 pm
Lenny Leonard wrote:I wouldn't call the **** league show on TV "promoting the code", more like demoting it

Correct.
Don Furner
PostPosted: July 19, 2015, 9:15 pm
Pigman wrote:Hahaha!
You've got your wish then, Blake Austin got some air time last week, and he'll be getting more again this week (when we play Penrith, in sydney, y'know that whole "logistically making sense" thing?)

I cant imagine what i must be like for your cats to have to listen to you rant about this kind of Bull. :lol:

What cats.
Mal Meninga

Favourite Player:
Nick Cotric
PostPosted: July 19, 2015, 9:16 pm
I just assumed the one in this pic was just one of many.
Laurie Daley
PostPosted: July 19, 2015, 9:18 pm
Pigman wrote:I just assumed the one in this pic was just one of many.

Nicely played. Lured him in with the set up, then laid out the Royal Flush
RIP Greenbits: 2007-2014
Don Furner
PostPosted: July 19, 2015, 9:18 pm
Seriously, that old pic? Sort it out. Jesus wept.
Laurie Daley
PostPosted: July 19, 2015, 9:21 pm
greeneyed wrote:Seriously, that old pic? Sort it out. Jesus wept.

Spot on so far. Imagine my suprise. Good grief.
Mal Meninga

Favourite Player:
Nick Cotric
PostPosted: July 19, 2015, 9:31 pm
Dr Zaius wrote:
Pigman wrote:I just assumed the one in this pic was just one of many.

Nicely played. Lured him in with the set up, then laid out the Royal Flush

:lol: :lol:
I didnt think he'd take the bait, but boy did he! Lobbing beach balls across my plate
Don Furner
PostPosted: July 19, 2015, 9:36 pm
Good grief! IFAMIYWMS
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player:
Jarrod Croker
PostPosted: July 23, 2015, 2:55 pm
Footy Show tonight. I can just feel this forum's excitement.

Nah but in all seriousness, will be good to see Austin on the show. Maybe they will show vision of when he was a youngster winning the segment 'league of their own'.
Mal Meninga

Favourite Player:
Luke Turner
PostPosted: July 31, 2015, 5:18 pm
Former Australia and Queensland rugby league star Billy Moore is feeling the heat after describing the New Zealand Warriors' play as "coconut style".

Moore made the Polynesian slur on Fox Sports' NRL 360 on Thursday night when discussing how the Warriors would cope without injured star Shaun Johnson.

http://m.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league ... ioa9l.html
"My own opinion is enough for me and I claim the right to have it defended against any consensus, any majority, anywhere, any place, any time, and anyone who disagrees with this can pick a number, get in line and kiss my ass" Christopher Hitchens
Don Furner
PostPosted: July 31, 2015, 7:15 pm
Manbush wrote:Former Australia and Queensland rugby league star Billy Moore is feeling the heat after describing the New Zealand Warriors' play as "coconut style".

Moore made the Polynesian slur on Fox Sports' NRL 360 on Thursday night when discussing how the Warriors would cope without injured star Shaun Johnson.

http://m.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league ... ioa9l.html

Yeah, that was a little awkward

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Mal Meninga

Favourite Player:
Nick Cotric
PostPosted: July 31, 2015, 7:48 pm
Hold the phone... are you telling me Billy Moore is racially insensative?

Well, now i don't know what to believe.
Don Furner
PostPosted: July 31, 2015, 7:55 pm
I have absolutely no idea why the bloke is on the program. He has absolutely no idea.
Laurie Daley
PostPosted: August 1, 2015, 9:11 am
I love him, think he is great. I didn't hear that comment though. Not such a fan.
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player:
Mal Meninga
PostPosted: August 1, 2015, 10:12 am
The form clock is revolutionary. Total game changer
Co-host of The Dad Zone Podcast http://bit.ly/thedadzone
Laurie Daley

Favourite Player:
Josh Hodgson
PostPosted: August 1, 2015, 10:14 am
Pigman wrote:Hold the phone... are you telling me Billy Moore is racially insensative?

Well, now i don't know what to believe.

I refuse to believe that anyone from QLD could hold just redneck, racist views.

#ToleranceState
Laurie Daley
PostPosted: August 1, 2015, 11:20 pm
I've found him refreshing and great for that show but obviously that comment is unacceptable
Edrick The Entertainer
Don Furner
PostPosted: August 2, 2015, 12:28 am
When Bryan Fletcher racially abused Dean Widders: http://www.news.com.au/sport/former-eel ... 7466237348
Bradley Clyde
PostPosted: August 5, 2015, 8:28 pm
Boyd and Vaughan on Matty Johns tomorrow night.
Don Furner
PostPosted: August 5, 2015, 8:30 pm
Sterlo was a bit painful, extended interviews with Dugan and the Tigers halves.
Laurie Daley
PostPosted: August 5, 2015, 8:32 pm
They mentioned after the Cowboys game that Croker was mic'd up for the Sterlo show... did they show that? I missed the whole show
2012, 2014 & 2015 Boogs Avatar/Signature of the Year
Don Furner
PostPosted: August 5, 2015, 8:35 pm
Nope. They didn't show it.
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player:
Captain Croker
PostPosted: August 5, 2015, 8:39 pm
Moses was good , he spoke well for a young guy . Didnt seem to be intimidated by the camera.

Once again enjoyed Toovey and Walters on NRL360
Don Furner
PostPosted: August 5, 2015, 8:46 pm
I'm so bored by the same people being on NRL360 every week. Some clubs discussed all the time as a result.
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player:
Captain Croker
PostPosted: August 5, 2015, 8:51 pm
They are but Toovey gives a good insight , more so than Kevvie
Laurie Daley
PostPosted: August 5, 2015, 10:27 pm
Duges wanting the season to be cut to 15 games. I bet that his not willing to drop his pay by the same percentage.
Don Furner
PostPosted: August 5, 2015, 10:36 pm
No, they all wanted to cut to that many games and increase their pay. It would make no difference to Dugan, he'd still be out for half the season. Or on the ground writhing.
Jason Croker
Favourite Player:
Shannon Boyd
PostPosted: August 5, 2015, 10:37 pm
Dr Zaius wrote:Duges wanting the season to be cut to 15 games. I bet that his not willing to drop his pay by the same percentage.

For real? That's a game for every scan he has!
Would have won Boogs - 2016
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player:
Captain Croker
PostPosted: August 6, 2015, 5:00 am
Duges will be in France or the UK with his next contract . Seems to have the McLinden bug of wanting to travel
PreviousNext

Return to Rugby League