2015 State of Origin Game III: Teams and Game Day

Talk about NRL, State of Origin, Tests, Four Nations, World Cup, everything rugby league

Moderator: GH Moderators

Who will win between Queensland and New South Wales?

Queensland 13+
50%
Queensland 1-12
25%
Draw
No votes
New South Wales 1-12
25%
New South Wales 13+
No votes

Total votes : 8

Don Furner
PostPosted: June 30, 2015, 6:26 pm
2015 State of Origin Game III: Teams and Game Day

State of Origin Game III
Lang Park, Wednesday 8 July 2015
Kickoff 8:00pm
TV coverage: Nine live

Queensland

1. Greg Inglis 2. Darius Boyd 3. Will Chambers 4. Justin Hodges 5. Dane Gagai 6. Johnathan Thurston 7. Cooper Cronk 8. Matthew Scott 9. Cameron Smith 10. Nate Myles 11. Aidan Guerra 12. Sam Thaiday 13. Corey Parker

14. Michael Morgan 15. Josh Papalii 16. Matt Gillett 17. Jacob Lillyman 18. Edrick Lee

Coach: Mal Meninga

New South Wales

1. Josh Dugan 2. William Hopoate 3. Michael Jennings 4. Josh Morris 5. Brett Morris 6. Mitchell Pearce 7. Trent Hodkinson 8. Aaron Woods 9. Robbie Farah 10. James Tamou 11. Beau Scott 12. Ryan Hoffman 13. Paul Gallen

14. Trent Merrin 15. Boyd Cordner 16. David Klemmer 17. Josh Jackson

Coach: Laurie Daley

Referees: Gerard Sutton, Ben Cummins; Sideline Officials: Brett Suttor, Nick Beashel; Video Referees: Bernard Sutton, Luke Patten

Queensland Under 20s v New South Wales Under 20s
Wednesday 8 July 2015, Lang Park
Kickoff 5:30pm

Queensland

1. Paul Byrnes (Brisbane Broncos) 2. Gideon Mosby-Gela (North Queensland Cowboys) 3. Jordan Drew (Brisbane Broncos) 4. Marion Seve (Wests Tigers) 5. Conor Carey (North Queensland Cowboys) 6. Jayden Nikorima (Brisbane Broncos) 7. Ashley Taylor (Brisbane Broncos) 8. George Fai (Brisbane Broncos) 9. Jayden Berrell (Brisbane Broncos) 10. Lindsay Collins (Brisbane Broncos) 11. Coen Hess (North Queensland Cowboys) 12. Alex Barr (Brisbane Broncos) 13. Jai Arrow (Brisbane Broncos)

14. Karl Lawton (Gold Coast Titans) 15. Luke Bateman (Canberra Raiders) 16. Sam Lavea (Brisbane Broncos) 17. Oshae Tuiasau (Gold Coast Titans) 18. Andrew Niemoeller (North Queensland Cowboys)

New South Wales

1. Latrell Mitchell (Sydney Roosters) 2. Brian Kelly (Gold Coast) 3. John Olive (South Sydney) 4. Robert Jennings (Penrith) 5. Brent Naden (Penrith) 6. Jackson Hastings (Sydney Roosters) 7. Drew Hutchison (St George Illawarra) 8. Alex Twal (Parramatta) 9. Grant Garvey (Sydney Roosters) 10. Liam Knight (Manly) 11. Joe Stimson (Melbourne) 12. Tyrell Fuimaono (Parramatta) 13. Luke Yates (Newcastle)

14. Jacob Liddle (Wests Tigers) 15. Oliver Clarke (Penrith) 16. Addison Demetriou (Manly) 17. Hame Sele (St George Illawarra) 18. Matt Woods (Wests Tigers)

Coach: Dean Pay

Referee: Matt Noyen; Touch Judges: Belinda Sleeman, Nick Morel
Don Furner
PostPosted: June 30, 2015, 7:02 pm
Raiders' Sia Soliola backs Josh Papalii to establish himself as Maroon

Sia Soliola is making big hits a habit since pulling on the lime green jersey and he's backed fellow Canberra Raiders second-rower Josh Papalii to use his aggression to re-establish himself in the Queensland forward pack. And Raiders captain Jarrod Croker expects outside back Edrick Lee to "grow another leg" while he's in the Queensland Maroons camp as 18th man this week.

Read more: http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rugby-l ... i1jm7.html
Don Furner
PostPosted: June 30, 2015, 11:14 pm
No Raiders in NSW U20s Origin team...
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player:
Paul Vaughan
PostPosted: June 30, 2015, 11:52 pm
Is TPJ eligible? Surprising given Pay is the coach.
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player:
Matt Awford
PostPosted: July 1, 2015, 7:48 am
Congrats to Luke Bateman on U20s origin selection.
David Furner

Favourite Player:
Past:Daley
Present: Austin, Wighton & Croker
PostPosted: July 1, 2015, 9:34 am
Good to see a few boys i've previously coached in the NSW 20's team!
2017: 1. Wighton 2. Cotric 3. Croker (c) 4. Leiluia 5. Rapana 6. Austin 7. Sezer 8. Paulo 9. Hodgson 10. Boyd 11. Papalii 12. Whitehead 13. Soliola ----
14. Baptiste 15. Taylor 16. Bateman 17. Tarpine

Concentrate on the process and the result will take care of itself...
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player:
Captain Croker
PostPosted: July 1, 2015, 1:23 pm
Edrick enjoying experience

Maroons 18th Man Edrick Lee is extremely happy to be called into the Queensland squad and to see what goes on behind the scenes...

http://www.qrl.com.au/news/2015/07/01/e ... _expe.html
Steve Walters
PostPosted: July 1, 2015, 1:25 pm
Great stuff Dusty. Which players have you coached? You should take all the credit.

I honestly despair at the whole NSW hooker situation for this game. So Farah's busted his hand, he's having desperate surgery to fix it and play busted. NSW is hoping MICHAEL FECKING ENNIS is available! Honestly, is that where NSW is at in terms of players? I have never rated Ennis, he makes so many poor choices and errors that it is a comedy what a fraud he is as a player. It's basically sending Glen Buttriss out there with an ever so slightly better pass from dummy half, and a complete pest off the ball. That's about it. If Nathan Peats isn't in front of him, it's laughable, but they say he is also injured too so that's unfortunate if correct. So then you look at who else might be available. Surely Mitch Rein or even Ryan Hinchcliffe doing a job and keeping things tight is better than **** Ennis or a bloke who can't use his hand? Surely? Christ on a bike! Michael Ennis....they deserve to get smacked if that's where a state full of footy players are at.

Member No: 3010. Bay 28. Row KK. Seat 6.

Michael wrote:
If life has taught me anything, its that any combination of mohawk, moustache, mullet, beard and the general attitude of a complete pig will get you a long way in that regard.

That's the sound of the men, working on the chain gannnng! Ohhhhh agghhhh
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player:
Croker, Vaughan and Fensom
PostPosted: July 1, 2015, 1:27 pm
They should not be allowed to pick Ennis. That loophole was closed and agreed upon by everybody when Queensland pulled the old "TBA" stunt.

Surely this is no different??
2012 Golden Boogs Newbie of the Year
2013 'Nella Awards Best Punter
2013 Boogs Thread of the Year ~ The Betting Thread
2014 Boogs Matthew Elliott Award Winner
2014 Boogs some award with Hanbush
Mal Meninga

Favourite Player:
Luke Turner
PostPosted: July 1, 2015, 1:40 pm
By the sounds of it it was never actually closed just a verbal agreement like no player playing ESL would be eligible for origin.
"My own opinion is enough for me and I claim the right to have it defended against any consensus, any majority, anywhere, any place, any time, and anyone who disagrees with this can pick a number, get in line and kiss my ass" Christopher Hitchens
David Furner

Favourite Player:
Past:Daley
Present: Austin, Wighton & Croker
PostPosted: July 1, 2015, 1:43 pm
Woodgers wrote:Great stuff Dusty. Which players have you coached? You should take all the credit.

I honestly despair at the whole NSW hooker situation for this game. So Farah's busted his hand, he's having desperate surgery to fix it and play busted. NSW is hoping MICHAEL FECKING ENNIS is available! Honestly, is that where NSW is at in terms of players? I have never rated Ennis, he makes so many poor choices and errors that it is a comedy what a fraud he is as a player. It's basically sending Glen Buttriss out there with an ever so slightly better pass from dummy half, and a complete pest off the ball. That's about it. If Nathan Peats isn't in front of him, it's laughable, but they say he is also injured too so that's unfortunate if correct. So then you look at who else might be available. Surely Mitch Rein or even Ryan Hinchcliffe doing a job and keeping things tight is better than **** Ennis or a bloke who can't use his hand? Surely? Christ on a bike! Michael Ennis....they deserve to get smacked if that's where a state full of footy players are at.

:lol: not taking the credit. Just proud of them. 1. Latrell Mitchell; 10. Liam Knight; 14. Jacob Liddle
2017: 1. Wighton 2. Cotric 3. Croker (c) 4. Leiluia 5. Rapana 6. Austin 7. Sezer 8. Paulo 9. Hodgson 10. Boyd 11. Papalii 12. Whitehead 13. Soliola ----
14. Baptiste 15. Taylor 16. Bateman 17. Tarpine

Concentrate on the process and the result will take care of itself...
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player:
Croker, Vaughan and Fensom
PostPosted: July 1, 2015, 2:06 pm
Manbush wrote:By the sounds of it it was never actually closed just a verbal agreement like no player playing ESL would be eligible for origin.

So you're saying teams can now just go back to not naming suspended players and then playing them??

RIIIIGGGHHHTT
2012 Golden Boogs Newbie of the Year
2013 'Nella Awards Best Punter
2013 Boogs Thread of the Year ~ The Betting Thread
2014 Boogs Matthew Elliott Award Winner
2014 Boogs some award with Hanbush
Mal Meninga

Favourite Player:
Luke Turner
PostPosted: July 1, 2015, 2:40 pm
The Nickman wrote:
Manbush wrote:By the sounds of it it was never actually closed just a verbal agreement like no player playing ESL would be eligible for origin.

So you're saying teams can now just go back to not naming suspended players and then playing them??

RIIIIGGGHHHTT

This might make them get it in writing, can't see why a Qlder would be upset by it since Qld did the same thing and also broke another verbal agreement when brought Langer back from ESL.
"My own opinion is enough for me and I claim the right to have it defended against any consensus, any majority, anywhere, any place, any time, and anyone who disagrees with this can pick a number, get in line and kiss my ass" Christopher Hitchens
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player:
Captain Croker
PostPosted: July 1, 2015, 2:41 pm
The Nickman wrote:They should not be allowed to pick Ennis. That loophole was closed and agreed upon by everybody when Queensland pulled the old "TBA" stunt.

I do agree , it shouldn't be allowed

the NRL have to make a change. Instead game bans , make it by the week. Therefore he isn't available to next round
Mal Meninga

Favourite Player:
Luke Turner
PostPosted: July 1, 2015, 2:56 pm
Raidersrawesome wrote:
The Nickman wrote:They should not be allowed to pick Ennis. That loophole was closed and agreed upon by everybody when Queensland pulled the old "TBA" stunt.

the NRL have to make a change. Instead game bans , make it by the week. Therefore he isn't available to next round

Qlder I gather?

Its supposedly not in writing so Qld has shown they won't honor a verbal agreement so why should the Blues. They should change the rules at the end of the season but as it stands if he is found guilty he's free to play after round 16 which ends Monday night.
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player:
Captain Croker
PostPosted: July 1, 2015, 2:58 pm
Manbush wrote:
Raidersrawesome wrote:

Qlder I gather?

Me ?

No way , never .
Steve Walters
PostPosted: July 1, 2015, 3:00 pm

Shouldn't be allowed, and not because i'll rejoice if Ennis is nowhere near the team.

I don't know why neither State seems to be able to play by the rules, or show basic morals and ethics in regards to Origin. It turns the entire thing into a circus and that's why most the arguments start.

Member No: 3010. Bay 28. Row KK. Seat 6.

Michael wrote:
If life has taught me anything, its that any combination of mohawk, moustache, mullet, beard and the general attitude of a complete pig will get you a long way in that regard.

That's the sound of the men, working on the chain gannnng! Ohhhhh agghhhh
Laurie Daley

Favourite Player:
Rapana
PostPosted: July 1, 2015, 3:29 pm
Bending the rules to bring Mick Ennis in. Christ on a bike indeed.
'I've got 17 blokes in that dressing room that are hurting'
Mal Meninga

Favourite Player:
Luke Turner
PostPosted: July 1, 2015, 4:25 pm
Not the best candidate to use the loophole on but NSW have no other decent options. Last time a State team didn't have a decent replacement in the spine the ARL let them use someone not eligible, Blues should ask to use Luke or Hodgson.
David Grant
Favourite Player:
Mal Meninga
PostPosted: July 1, 2015, 4:43 pm
Toviii wrote:Bending the rules to bring Mick Ennis in. Christ on a bike indeed.

Josh McCrone is eligible for NSW, he can play #9? :roflmao I remember in the last couple of years he was talked up by several commentators as a chance for rep honours.
Mal Meninga
PostPosted: July 1, 2015, 5:29 pm
No **** way, I'm sure Laurie would strap on the boots again before that hack got a game
Don Furner
PostPosted: July 1, 2015, 6:54 pm
VIDEO: Canberra Raiders Edrick Lee enjoying Maroons Origin camp as 18th man

Maroons 18th Man Edrick Lee is extremely happy to be called into the Queensland squad and to see what goes on behind the scenes.

Video: http://www.qrl.com.au/news/2015/07/01/e ... _expe.html
Don Furner
PostPosted: July 1, 2015, 7:02 pm
VIDEO: Canberra Raiders Josh Papalii keeps emotions in check for Origin III

He's been dubbed the Maroons' enforcer - but big forward Josh Papalii isn't buying into the pre-match talk. Papalii says his main goal is to play well next Wednesday and contribute to the team's performance.

Video: http://www.qrl.com.au/news/2015/07/01/j ... ions_.html
Don Furner
PostPosted: July 1, 2015, 11:05 pm
State of Origin: Josh Papalii finds himself cast as a reluctant enforcer

Josh Papalii has become State of Origin's accidental hitman. Softly spoken to the point of shyness - "I'm not an intense person " - he's the last man you'd think had been drafted in to quite literally cut David Klemmer down to size. Yet even he concedes there's one glaring reason he has been called into the Maroons side for the Origin decider at Lang Park. Papalii is yet to get the official brief from Mal Meninga but suspects he has a handle on the likely content.

Read more: http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rugby-l ... i2bs5.html
David Furner
Favourite Player:
Hodgson
PostPosted: July 1, 2015, 11:44 pm
There seems to be a bit of an opinion out there that Napa was the man to shut down Klemmer, and people are happy Papa is there instead.

I don't buy it, Papa is softly spoken and shy. Papa doesn't talk himself up and make a spectacle of himself. He's just a bloody weapon, I hope he doesn't make an impact on Wednesday night as a NSWelshman. But I don't expect it, I'd rather see Napa there.
Member no: RAI-2913997

Dare To Dream, and believe in Green, for 2017.

Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player:
Jarrod Croker
PostPosted: July 2, 2015, 8:33 am
Has Papalii done anything at club level to warrant selection?

He's had the odd good game, but he has been far from spectacular.

Hardley shown enough form to be considered a weapon. He is really only there because McGuire is injured and Napa can count himself unlucky.
Jason Croker
Favourite Player:
Past: Brad Clyde
Present: Shaun Fensom
PostPosted: July 2, 2015, 8:35 am
Dusty wrote:
Woodgers wrote:Great stuff Dusty. Which players have you coached? You should take all the credit.

:lol: not taking the credit. Just proud of them. 1. Latrell Mitchell; 10. Liam Knight; 14. Jacob Liddle

Dusty is Latrell Mitchell capable of living up to the hype surrounding him? Did he stand out from the other players as someone you would have earmarked as being a genuine star of the game?
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player:
Captain Croker
PostPosted: July 2, 2015, 8:35 am
Disagree , he has been good since moving back to the right edge
Brett Mullins

Favourite Player:
Raps
PostPosted: July 2, 2015, 10:22 am
I'm a NSWelshman but I can't wait to see Papa clean some clocks out there.
#The Clap #The Team #The Vibe
Don Furner
PostPosted: July 3, 2015, 3:55 pm
Dancing Canberra Raiders strut their stuff in Maroons sheds

More: https://instagram.com/p/4p2rsOvy16/

More: https://instagram.com/p/4p2On1vy1W/

Josh Papalii has danced around questions on whether he's going to bash David Klemmer all week but when it comes to Queensland's inner sanctum, the Canberra Raider has shown he's got the moves.

Read more: http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rugby-l ... i4cm4.html
Don Furner
PostPosted: July 3, 2015, 4:02 pm
Canberra Raiders Josh Papalii credits Ricky Stuart for Origin resurgence

Revitalised Raiders enforcer Josh Papalii credits some tough love from coach Ricky Stuart as the key to turning his fortunes around, after a sluggish start to the NRL season.

Read more: http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rugby-l ... 703-ghxe58
John Ferguson
PostPosted: July 3, 2015, 4:43 pm
greeneyed wrote:Dancing Canberra Raiders strut their stuff in Maroons sheds

More: https://instagram.com/p/4p2rsOvy16/

More: https://instagram.com/p/4p2On1vy1W/

Josh Papalii has danced around questions on whether he's going to bash David Klemmer all week but when it comes to Queensland's inner sanctum, the Canberra Raider has shown he's got the moves.

Read more: http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rugby-l ... i4cm4.html

uh oh Vidot
Mal Meninga
PostPosted: July 3, 2015, 6:29 pm
I need to find that video again :lol:
John Ferguson
PostPosted: July 3, 2015, 6:49 pm
on that evidence, Edrick wins the dance-off
Mal Meninga

Favourite Player:
Luke Turner
PostPosted: July 3, 2015, 9:08 pm
Lenny Leonard wrote:I need to find that video again :lol:

This the one?

http://m.heraldsun.com.au/sport/nrl/vid ... 6300919305
Next

Return to Rugby League