2015 State of Origin Game III: Teams and Game Day

Talk about NRL, State of Origin, Tests, Four Nations, World Cup, everything rugby league

Moderator: GH Moderators

Who will win between Queensland and New South Wales?

Queensland 13+
50%
Queensland 1-12
25%
Draw
No votes
New South Wales 1-12
25%
New South Wales 13+
No votes

Total votes : 8

Jason Croker
Favourite Player:
Shannon Boyd
PostPosted: July 8, 2015, 10:55 pm
The dropout was because it came off hoppa forward into Dugan
Would have won Boogs - 2016
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player:
Luke Turner
PostPosted: July 8, 2015, 10:56 pm
Well I don't think anybody saw that coming. Methinks some of the NSW pack were reading too much of their own press after game 2 and thought they just had to take the field to win. A rude shock for them.
Head to Head
Luke Turner - 1
Blake Ferguson - 0
David Furner
PostPosted: July 8, 2015, 10:56 pm
Raidersrawesome wrote:Didnt see the match but saw some stats

NSW forwards should be ashamed.

Tamou 33m

I did see the match. I didn't really see Tamou. Or a number of other blues forwards... I'm glad Paul Vaughan wasn't thrown to the wolves in this series.
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player:
Joey Leilua
PostPosted: July 8, 2015, 10:57 pm
Hopoate should not be in the same state as the NSW team

The bloke is a fraud
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player:
Captain Croker
PostPosted: July 8, 2015, 10:57 pm
DCE is QLD's version of Mitchell Pearce
Jason Croker
Favourite Player:
Shannon Boyd
PostPosted: July 8, 2015, 10:58 pm
Can't compete in a game with 30% possession. I can't remember a game with such one sided possession
Would have won Boogs - 2016
Brett Mullins

Favourite Player:
Fenno
PostPosted: July 8, 2015, 10:59 pm
But I'd be happy if Mitchell Pearce was NSW's version of DCE
"It's not easy being green", K. Frog, 1970
Brett Mullins

Favourite Player:
Fenno
PostPosted: July 8, 2015, 11:00 pm
Sid wrote:Can't compete in a game with 30% possession. I can't remember a game with such one sided possession

I think it was an unlimited tackles game at the Exhibition Ground back in the late 1940s
David Furner
PostPosted: July 8, 2015, 11:00 pm
Sid wrote:The dropout was because it came off hoppa forward into Dugan

Ok, I didn't see that. I'm not sure the refs did either or surely they'd have called it straight away?

I'm being facetious, they may have got a video ref tipoff. But honestly I didn't see it and no one on the alleged commentary team called it at all either, so thanks Sid!
Don Furner
PostPosted: July 8, 2015, 11:02 pm
Lui_Bon wrote:What a boring, boring game.

Also, why did NSW pick so many losers? (rhetorical question...)

I loved it.
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player:
Luke Turner
PostPosted: July 8, 2015, 11:03 pm
Lenny Leonard wrote:Hopoate should not be in the same state as the NSW team

The bloke is a fraud

I think he's borderline NRL standard sometimes. How the **** does he get automatically picked for NSW?
Head to Head
Luke Turner - 1
Blake Ferguson - 0
Laurie Daley
PostPosted: July 8, 2015, 11:05 pm
Come to Papa
Edrick The Entertainer
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player:
Joey Leilua
PostPosted: July 8, 2015, 11:19 pm
Northern Raider wrote:

The bloke is a fraud

I think he's borderline NRL standard sometimes. How the **** does he get automatically picked for NSW?

If only 0 was a rating...

5. Will Hopoate (1)

Knocked on twice in the first 20 minutes and was hammered by the Queensland defence every time he got his hands on the ball. Had seven runs for 26 metres and failed to make a positive contribution for the Blues with a single tackle and two missed

http://m.foxsports.com.au/nrl/state-of- ... 7434327437
Brett Mullins

Favourite Player:
Fenno
PostPosted: July 8, 2015, 11:28 pm
Lenny Leonard wrote:
Northern Raider wrote:

The bloke is a fraud

5. Will Hopoate (1)

Knocked on twice in the first 20 minutes and was hammered by the Queensland defence every time he got his hands on the ball. Had seven runs for 26 metres and failed to make a positive contribution for the Blues with a single tackle and two missed

Darius Boyd played on the wing, didn't get a try while his side topped 50, ran just 77 metres, made four tackles - and got a higher rating than all the NSW players.
Pretty much sums it up. Complete annihilation
Don Furner
PostPosted: July 8, 2015, 11:29 pm

Gary Coyne

Favourite Player:
Laurie Daley
PostPosted: July 9, 2015, 12:00 am
I am 30 years old... My Dad was a North Sydney Bears member from the 70's until they merged with Manly... I have been a Rugby League fan for as long as I can remember... My Dad used to get box seats at the SFS every weekend from the early 90's to the late 90's, so I spent that time watching games with teams I didn't follow... I've watched every Origin game since I was old enough to know what's going on... I've never, ever turned off an Origin game before full time... Until tonight...

Queensland were undeniably the better team tonight... But that refereeing was atrocious, and absolutely contributed massively to Qld's dominance...

That was easily the worst Origin game I've ever seen... Mick Ennis said it best when he called out the muppet referee and said he was overwhelmed by the crowd... They let the crowd referee the game...

NSW should have been good enough to overcome this, but they weren't... They were softer than marshmallows... In saying that, the series should have been already over... We were robbed in Game 1, and were the better team by a mile in Melbourne...

That's Rugby League for you though I guess... How many Raiders games this year have we been robbed?
Don Furner
PostPosted: July 9, 2015, 12:08 am
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player:
Captain Croker
PostPosted: July 9, 2015, 12:09 am
Look at Guerra with his 2nd head
Don Furner
PostPosted: July 9, 2015, 12:15 am
5tumpy wrote:That was easily the worst Origin game I've ever seen...

I loved it.
Peter Jackson
Favourite Player:
Josh Hodgson
PostPosted: July 9, 2015, 12:16 am
It's hilarious how much blame-the-ref is going on here after a half century drubbing.
Don Furner
PostPosted: July 9, 2015, 12:17 am
Raidersrawesome wrote:Look at Guerra with his 2nd head

If it's a second head, it's a winning second head.
Don Furner
PostPosted: July 9, 2015, 12:19 am
How bad was Woods in terms of discipline? The NSW forwards thought they were tough guys, but turned out to be hammered or giving away penalties.
Bradley Clyde
PostPosted: July 9, 2015, 12:20 am
Big Jack wrote:
Lenny Leonard wrote:
Northern Raider wrote:

The bloke is a fraud

5. Will Hopoate (1)

Darius Boyd played on the wing, didn't get a try while his side topped 50, ran just 77 metres, made four tackles - and got a higher rating than all the NSW players.

Boyd did get a try though
Bradley Clyde
PostPosted: July 9, 2015, 12:21 am
As for the refereeing...they couldve pinged a lot more on either side
Brett Mullins

Favourite Player:
Campese
PostPosted: July 9, 2015, 12:23 am
5tumpy wrote:I am 30 years old... My Dad was a North Sydney Bears member from the 70's until they merged with Manly... I have been a Rugby League fan for as long as I can remember... My Dad used to get box seats at the SFS every weekend from the early 90's to the late 90's, so I spent that time watching games with teams I didn't follow... I've watched every Origin game since I was old enough to know what's going on... I've never, ever turned off an Origin game before full time... Until tonight...

Queensland were undeniably the better team tonight... But that refereeing was atrocious, and absolutely contributed massively to Qld's dominance...

That was easily the worst Origin game I've ever seen... Mick Ennis said it best when he called out the muppet referee and said he was overwhelmed by the crowd... They let the crowd referee the game...

NSW should have been good enough to overcome this, but they weren't... They were softer than marshmallows... In saying that, the series should have been already over... We were robbed in Game 1, and were the better team by a mile in Melbourne...

That's Rugby League for you though I guess... How many Raiders games this year have we been robbed?

Are you kidding? The first penAlty went to the blues? Gagai then knocked it backwards and despite the replays, nsw got the feed. Did you watch the difference in the tackling between the two sides? The absolute dominance of Qld. The penalty count was 4-3 Qld and they were up 14-2.
Dont blame the refs. Cop it sweet.
Noa Nadruku

Favourite Player:
Gary Belcher
PostPosted: July 9, 2015, 12:52 am
Our write up of the absolute destruction of New South Wales https://sportress.wordpress.com/2015/07 ... struction/

Tom Learoyd-Lahrs

Favourite Player:
SteveWalters
PostPosted: July 9, 2015, 2:08 am
Heads up to those who are living in Egypt in regards to that game, what you just witnessed is the definition of one team playing rugby league and one team believing their own hype. NSW were absolutely disgraceful tonigh. QLD played with respect and tenacity and ignored the Bull we were coached/decided to dish up. The highlight for me was Papali running a beautiful line and Dugan and the Morris Boys showing us a positive preview into the future. Whats helping me deal with it is the song "on the punt" by "The Aerial Maps" surely everyone here on this forum can appreciate the lyrics to that great Marrickville classic!

Laurie Daley
PostPosted: July 9, 2015, 6:10 am
Congratulations Queensland, far too good.

On another note, isn't nice to see a champion bloke like Justin Hodges go out a winner.
RIP Greenbits: 2007-2014
Brett Mullins

Favourite Player:
Fenno
PostPosted: July 9, 2015, 7:10 am
VictorTheViking wrote:
Big Jack wrote:
Lenny Leonard wrote:
Northern Raider wrote:

The bloke is a fraud

5. Will Hopoate (1)

Boyd did get a try though

Oh yeah, I guess I had stopped caring by then

Ruben Wiki
PostPosted: July 9, 2015, 7:29 am
Wow Queensland. Painful watching for us NSW fans but with 67% of possession overall and 90% completions to Queensland they deservedly won the match and the series decider. NSW made 369 tackles compared to Qld 213 (source NRL Stats). A match of Maroon records. Congratulations to Mal, his coaching staff and playing team.
John Ferguson
Favourite Player:
Shaun Fensom
PostPosted: July 9, 2015, 7:56 am
God it was good seeing GI as the fullback of this great team instead of out wide. Much like it was with Jarryd Hayne for NSW.
Raiders4life!

Anti-The Club

Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player:
Jarrod Croker
PostPosted: July 9, 2015, 8:20 am
A spine that has Pearce, Hodkinson and Ennis isn't even that strong at club level. Throw in Hopoate and Beau 'penalty machine' Scott it's a weak side.

Congrats to QLD they gave NSW what the deserve. And even as a NSW fan it's good to see Gal, Ennis, Scott all go out like that. Bunch of idiots. Hopefully the blues get some like able players next year.
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player:
Brett Mullins
PostPosted: July 9, 2015, 8:40 am
Queensland were great. The refs stunk, especially early. The penalty to Woods and then the square up for Smith were both ridiculous and set the tone for the game IMO.

It reminded me of the Warriors game in many respects. Penalties, errors and poor decisions handed QLD the opportunity to take a stranglehold over the game early in the first half and from then on the only chance of a NSW comeback was QLD completely falling to pieces which was never going to happen.

I still long for the days when the refs put the whistle away for the first 20 minutes unless absolutely necessary. 1 penalty every 4 minutes or essentially a penalty every 3rd or 4th set is just too many and IMO makes the game far less entertaining.
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player:
Josh Hodgson
PostPosted: July 9, 2015, 8:44 am
Sid wrote:The dropout was because it came off hoppa forward into Dugan

That should only have mattered if Hoppa knocked it on. Did he? Being in-goal it can't have been off-side.
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
Mal Meninga

Favourite Player:
Luke Turner
PostPosted: July 9, 2015, 8:50 am
Congrats Qld just way too good, no chance for the any team to overcome so little early possession especially when it continues the whole game.
"My own opinion is enough for me and I claim the right to have it defended against any consensus, any majority, anywhere, any place, any time, and anyone who disagrees with this can pick a number, get in line and kiss my ass" Christopher Hitchens
PreviousNext

Return to Rugby League