2015 State of Origin Game III: Teams and Game Day

Talk about NRL, State of Origin, Tests, Four Nations, World Cup, everything rugby league

Moderator: GH Moderators

Who will win between Queensland and New South Wales?

Queensland 13+
50%
Queensland 1-12
25%
Draw
No votes
New South Wales 1-12
25%
New South Wales 13+
No votes

Total votes : 8

Laurie Daley
PostPosted: July 9, 2015, 9:01 am
reptar wrote:
Sid wrote:The dropout was because it came off hoppa forward into Dugan

That should only have mattered if Hoppa knocked it on. Did he? Being in-goal it can't have been off-side.

Knock on in goal - dropout
Edrick The Entertainer
Laurie Daley
PostPosted: July 9, 2015, 9:03 am
The blues had an attacking set inside qld's 30m zone - tackle 4 woods goes 1 out, tackle 5 gallen goes 1 out seriously wtf were the halves doing allowing that? The mindset was all wrong from the get go
Edrick The Entertainer
Mal Meninga

Favourite Player:
Luke Turner
PostPosted: July 9, 2015, 9:30 am
Yep thankfully next year there shouldnt be Pearce and Hodkinson in the halves, time for A Reynolds and Austin.
"My own opinion is enough for me and I claim the right to have it defended against any consensus, any majority, anywhere, any place, any time, and anyone who disagrees with this can pick a number, get in line and kiss my ass" Christopher Hitchens
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player:
Luke Turner
PostPosted: July 9, 2015, 9:47 am
Ealry penalty goal by NSW baffled me. They were about to have their 4th consecutive set after dominating possession and position the first 5 mins. Instead they let QLD off the hook. Early turning point IMO.
Head to Head
Luke Turner - 1
Blake Ferguson - 0
Laurie Daley
PostPosted: July 9, 2015, 10:24 am
And the word for today kiddies, is Respect....
2012, 2014 & 2015 Boogs Avatar/Signature of the Year
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player:
Croker, Vaughan and Fensom
PostPosted: July 9, 2015, 10:29 am
God that game was so satisfying on so many levels, first and foremost after that disgusting attack on Cameron Smith by 60 Minutes it was fantastic to see him hoist the shield at the end.

It was also so good to see Klemmer's massive ego getting smashed off the field, and the way you NSW fans and the team themselves have carried on the last three weeks it seems you've once again forgotten there's a third game.

Lastly, as a Canberra Raiders fan it was great seeing Paps get another call up, and score a great try

Best Origin game I've ever been to
2012 Golden Boogs Newbie of the Year
2013 'Nella Awards Best Punter
2013 Boogs Thread of the Year ~ The Betting Thread
2014 Boogs Matthew Elliott Award Winner
2014 Boogs some award with Hanbush
Mal Meninga

Favourite Player:
Luke Turner
PostPosted: July 9, 2015, 10:37 am
The Nickman wrote:the way you NSW fans and the team themselves have carried on the last three weeks it seems you've once again forgotten there's a third game.

Seriously, most blues fans didn't expect to come close this series let alone perform as well as we did in the first two games. Qlders are notorious for getting ahead of themselves, weren't they talking about a 10year streak before they even won their 8th
"My own opinion is enough for me and I claim the right to have it defended against any consensus, any majority, anywhere, any place, any time, and anyone who disagrees with this can pick a number, get in line and kiss my ass" Christopher Hitchens
Laurie Daley

Favourite Player:
Rapana
PostPosted: July 9, 2015, 10:52 am
I hate sport. I really do. I'm considering giving away all my possessions and becoming a woodland creature. If the Raiders lose tomorrow I don't know what I'll do.
'I've got 17 blokes in that dressing room that are hurting'
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player:
Luke Turner
PostPosted: July 9, 2015, 10:59 am
Manbush wrote:
The Nickman wrote:the way you NSW fans and the team themselves have carried on the last three weeks it seems you've once again forgotten there's a third game.

Seriously, most blues fans didn't expect to come close this series let alone perform as well as we did in the first two games. Qlders are notorious for getting ahead of themselves, weren't they talking about a 10year streak before they even won their 8th

I think you missed the point.
Head to Head
Luke Turner - 1
Blake Ferguson - 0
Mal Meninga

Favourite Player:
Luke Turner
PostPosted: July 9, 2015, 11:39 am
What point, you're not meant to enjoy a rare win against a far superior team or enjoy a bit of banter?
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player:
Josh Hodgson
PostPosted: July 9, 2015, 12:33 pm
bonehead wrote:
reptar wrote:

That should only have mattered if Hoppa knocked it on. Did he? Being in-goal it can't have been off-side.

I can accept that, but can't recall it touching his hand.
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player:
Luke Turner
PostPosted: July 9, 2015, 12:51 pm
Manbush wrote:What point, you're not meant to enjoy a rare win against a far superior team or enjoy a bit of banter?

That "rare win" doesn't mean you pat yourself on the back, put the cue in the rack and fail to be mentally prepared for the decider. I struggle to believe you could think otherwise.
Head to Head
Luke Turner - 1
Blake Ferguson - 0
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player:
Luke Turner
PostPosted: July 9, 2015, 12:54 pm
reptar wrote:
bonehead wrote:
reptar wrote:

Watch it again. I missed it live and couldnt work out what they ruled but was clear on the replay.
Head to Head
Luke Turner - 1
Blake Ferguson - 0
Mal Meninga

Favourite Player:
Luke Turner
PostPosted: July 9, 2015, 1:13 pm
Northern Raider wrote:
Manbush wrote:What point, you're not meant to enjoy a rare win against a far superior team or enjoy a bit of banter?

That "rare win" doesn't mean you pat yourself on the back, put the cue in the rack and fail to be mentally prepared for the decider. I struggle to believe you could think otherwise.

Ah sorry, I forgot fans were meant to mentally prepare for the decider, I'll remember that for next year hopefully that will get the win.

As for the players they looked prepared early until a flood of possession went against them.

NSW lost to a superior team that had an unheard of amount of possession plain and simple.
Laurie Daley
PostPosted: July 9, 2015, 1:18 pm
Nickman having a sook after a massive win. IFAMIYWMS
RIP Greenbits: 2007-2014
Laurie Daley

Favourite Player:
Rapana
PostPosted: July 9, 2015, 1:18 pm
Manbush wrote:
Northern Raider wrote:

Ah sorry, I forgot fans were meant to mentally prepare for the decider, I'll remember that for next year hopefully that will get the win.

As for the players they looked prepared early until a flood of possession went against them.

NSW lost to a superior team that had an unheard of amount of possession plain and simple.

IMO, when NSW were attacking in the first ten minutes they were doing it at snail's-pace, and there was very little movement of the ball. Line-speed was pretty poor from kick-off too. Qld were ready and fired up. NSW never got out of first gear. Pathetic effort really.
'I've got 17 blokes in that dressing room that are hurting'
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player:
Luke Turner
PostPosted: July 9, 2015, 1:37 pm
Manbush wrote:
Northern Raider wrote:

Just unlucky hey?
Head to Head
Luke Turner - 1
Blake Ferguson - 0
Mal Meninga

Favourite Player:
Luke Turner
PostPosted: July 9, 2015, 1:48 pm
How did you even get close to interpreting it that way :shock:
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player:
Josh Hodgson
PostPosted: July 9, 2015, 3:07 pm
Northern Raider wrote:
reptar wrote:
bonehead wrote:
reptar wrote:

Watch it again. I missed it live and couldnt work out what they ruled but was clear on the replay.

Oh, I'll accept that explanation without having to see it. It's the only thing that makes sense for the decision.
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.

Gary Coyne

Favourite Player:
Laurie Daley
PostPosted: July 9, 2015, 3:22 pm
roneel78 wrote:Are you kidding? The first penAlty went to the blues? Gagai then knocked it backwards and despite the replays, nsw got the feed. Did you watch the difference in the tackling between the two sides? The absolute dominance of Qld. The penalty count was 4-3 Qld and they were up 14-2.
Dont blame the refs. Cop it sweet.

Did you miss the shoulder charge on Hopoate from Matt Scott that caused the knock on that gifted Qld their first try... That was one of 5 shoulder charges from Qld players that went unnoticed... That's just one example... The 10m was a joke again like in game 1... There's a reason Thaiday was able to jump on so many dropped balls...

Like I said Qld were the better team, but the game would have been a lot closer if the Refs called the game, not what the crowd was telling them to do...

Not saying NSW deserved the win, they didn't... But the Refs took away any chance we might have had to turn it around...

Hopefully that's the final nail in the Pearce and Hodkinson coffins... Next year we'll see Reynolds and Blake Austin at the helm...
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player:
Captain Croker
PostPosted: July 9, 2015, 4:46 pm
Just saw the Tamou head high. Send off IMO. If it was an NRL game it surely would have been
Don Furner
PostPosted: July 9, 2015, 4:51 pm
In my view it was a blatant old fashioned stiff arm.
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player:
Captain Croker
PostPosted: July 9, 2015, 4:52 pm
Yeah looked that way
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player:
Croker, Vaughan and Fensom
PostPosted: July 9, 2015, 4:59 pm
Northern Raider wrote:

Spot on. We landed in Brisbane last night and in the cab to our hotel there was some Origin lead-up on the radio and Ray Hadley or one of those wankers was talking about how NSW had no fear for Lang Park anymore, how the Queensland pack was too old, and how the likes of David Klemmer would run over the top of them. Didn't even mention the pure class that Queensland still possessed throughout their whole squad.

It appears the NSW team were listening to the same show.
2012 Golden Boogs Newbie of the Year
2013 'Nella Awards Best Punter
2013 Boogs Thread of the Year ~ The Betting Thread
2014 Boogs Matthew Elliott Award Winner
2014 Boogs some award with Hanbush
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player:
Luke Turner
PostPosted: July 9, 2015, 5:34 pm
Raidersrawesome wrote:Just saw the Tamou head high. Send off IMO. If it was an NRL game it surely would have been

They don't send off for those any more. Ref could have easily sin binned him for the follow up swinging arm. Just say it's a punch and give him a spell.

All up it was a ridiculous series of actions by Tamou and typified NSW discipline. Ironically it was Gallen who kept the most level head.
Head to Head
Luke Turner - 1
Blake Ferguson - 0
Laurie Daley
PostPosted: July 9, 2015, 5:47 pm
Raidersrawesome wrote:Just saw the Tamou head high. Send off IMO. If it was an NRL game it surely would have been

You're kidding right? At the Titans v Tigers game, Moses coat-hangered Zillman. It earned a penalty, but wasn't put on report and he wasn't cited. You pretty much have to bludgeon someone to death with one of your footy boots to get sent off in the NRL these days.
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player:
Captain Croker
PostPosted: July 9, 2015, 5:51 pm
Dr Zaius wrote:

You're kidding right? At the Titans v Tigers game, Moses coat-hangered Zillman. It earned a penalty, but wasn't put on report and he wasn't cited. You pretty much have to bludgeon someone to death with one of your footy boots to get sent off in the NRL these days.

Maybe Im old school

It should be a send off

Obviously in today's limp officiating it won't be
Laurie Daley
PostPosted: July 9, 2015, 5:53 pm
Stiff arm, but first contact was with the ball.
Laurie Daley
PostPosted: July 9, 2015, 6:44 pm
Northern Raider wrote:

They don't send off for those any more. Ref could have easily sin binned him for the follow up swinging arm. Just say it's a punch and give him a spell.

All up it was a ridiculous series of actions by Tamou and typified NSW discipline. Ironically it was Gallen who kept the most level head.

Scared of being fed by papa on top of a huge loss
Edrick The Entertainer
Don Furner
PostPosted: July 9, 2015, 7:02 pm
Mass changes likely, with half the Blues squad under pressure to retain spots

Up to half of the NSW side is facing the prospect of not pulling on the Blue jersey again after the stunning capitulation in the State of Origin decider at Lang Park.

Read more: http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rugby-l ... i8z2p.html
Don Furner
PostPosted: July 9, 2015, 7:04 pm
NSW Blues were stunned into silence on bus back to hotel

It was the 15-minute bus ride from Lang Park to the team hotel after the Blues thrashing which indicated how demoralised the NSW team were.

Read more: http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rugby-l ... i8l1k.html
Laurie Daley
PostPosted: July 9, 2015, 7:06 pm
greeneyed wrote:Mass changes likely, with half the Blues squad under pressure to retain spots

Up to half of the NSW side is facing the prospect of not pulling on the Blue jersey again after the stunning capitulation in the State of Origin decider at Lang Park.

That's a bit over the top. The forwards are young, were outstanding in Game 2 and will only improve. With the exception of Hopoate, the outside backs have been great servants. The problem is the halves, and have been for the best part of a decade.
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player:
Jack Wighton
PostPosted: July 9, 2015, 7:07 pm
Raidersrawesome wrote:
Dr Zaius wrote:

Maybe Im old school

It should be a send off

Obviously in today's limp officiating it won't be

I thought at the time, that the refs would send him. It was definitely a stiff arm, really pushing the boundaries of a send off for a high shot.
Don Furner
PostPosted: July 9, 2015, 7:12 pm

Daily Telegraph today, front page, and they have become an unintentional parody of themselves.

Disrespectful.
Laurie Daley
PostPosted: July 9, 2015, 7:15 pm
Dr Zaius wrote:
greeneyed wrote:Mass changes likely, with half the Blues squad under pressure to retain spots

That's a bit over the top. The forwards are young, were outstanding in Game 2 and will only improve. With the exception of Hopoate, the outside backs have been great servants. The problem is the halves, and have been for the best part of a decade.

I believe the issue is the 9 and capt
Edrick The Entertainer
PreviousNext

Return to Rugby League