Teams losing penalty counts

Talk about NRL, State of Origin, Tests, Four Nations, World Cup, everything rugby league

Moderator: GH Moderators

David Furner
Favourite Player:
Royce Hunt
PostPosted: July 16, 2015, 7:29 pm
Why does all the media claim that when a team loses a penalty count it's automatically the refs fault and not the fact that they were just poorly disciplined?
We have a decision. We're going to the board.

You can see that Jarrod Croker initiates the contact.
Don Furner
PostPosted: July 16, 2015, 8:00 pm
Generally because the referees show repeated incompetence.
Mal Meninga

Favourite Player:
Luke Turner
PostPosted: July 16, 2015, 8:13 pm
They don't always blame the ref, they do acknowledge some teams deliberately give away penalties close to their line.
"My own opinion is enough for me and I claim the right to have it defended against any consensus, any majority, anywhere, any place, any time, and anyone who disagrees with this can pick a number, get in line and kiss my ass" Christopher Hitchens
Mal Meninga

Favourite Player:
Nick Cotric
PostPosted: July 16, 2015, 8:28 pm
Hello123 wrote:Why does all the media claim that when a team loses a penalty count it's automatically the refs fault and not the fact that they were just poorly disciplined?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You picked the WROOOOOOOOOONG forum, pal.
The List - K.Love, Keno, Zippy's tennis angels, LA Lakers, Noah, Boozer, Lucy's horse tips, Colts, Lucy, Kevin Proctor, Dr Zaius, TR....
Ruben Wiki
PostPosted: July 18, 2015, 2:23 pm
It's not just penalty counts.

IMO it's when the penalty occurs

A penalty early in the tackle count doesn't hurt as much as one on the third fourth or fifth.

As evidence of this defences will generally get off the tackle quicker and push up slower later in the count( except for someone going at the kicker)

IMO we generally do it tough with refs but it's not the worst in the nrl other teams get it worse.

Return to Rugby League