Fifita brothers allegedly abuse junior refs

Talk about NRL, State of Origin, Tests, Four Nations, World Cup, everything rugby league

Moderator: GH Moderators

Don Furner
PostPosted: July 26, 2015, 6:55 pm
Bill Harrigan says David and Andrew Fifita should be banned for 12 months: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/cron ... z3gzBx0G00
David Grant

Favourite Player:
Jarrod Croker
PostPosted: July 26, 2015, 9:20 pm
Yep...

Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player:
Dane Tilse
PostPosted: July 26, 2015, 9:23 pm
and he is right but it wont happen, Fifita should have been stood down from todays game and the sharks either fined or lose the 2 points by letting him play.

Freddy made an interesting comment on the footy show this morning , he said that in a way the NRL was to blame because Andrew is a serial offender on the field being rude and aggressive to the refs so no wonder he thought he could do it at the junior level.

At the end of the day we have seen again that the NRL is all talk and no real action. Fifitas will be fined and sent off to do some kind of tick the box course and we will all forget about it, hey he might even get a Dally M at the end of the season!
Don Furner
PostPosted: July 26, 2015, 9:24 pm
I really want to see that video. Because if it is as suggested, they've got to go for months. They've got to be rubbed out for the season. It is completely beyond me how Fifita was allowed to play today. Weak Sharks board and a weak NRL.

Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player:
Dane Tilse
PostPosted: July 26, 2015, 9:28 pm
I'm guessing the video will go missing :(, they needed to get it out in social media for it to really count IMO

The NRL will just quietly make it go away
Brett Mullins

Favourite Player:
chicka
PostPosted: July 26, 2015, 9:34 pm
The video shouldn't even matter (but the NRL will act as though it does if it goes missing)- there's 3 officials there to corroborate the story.

Police get convictions without video.

If it happened as described, they should be out for the rest of the season minimum. Or if the NRL drag their feet and nothing happens for a month, then out for at least the first 6 weeks of next. And I'd have no worries if it was 12 months instead.

The NRL makes noises pretending they are serious about protecting the refs at junior level (and the game needs refs), but they NEVER back it up with action.
Mal Meninga

Favourite Player:
Luke Turner
PostPosted: July 26, 2015, 9:35 pm
I do find it funny that a cop claimed to know his rights regarding recording in public.
"My own opinion is enough for me and I claim the right to have it defended against any consensus, any majority, anywhere, any place, any time, and anyone who disagrees with this can pick a number, get in line and kiss my ass" Christopher Hitchens
Laurie Daley

Favourite Player:
Smash Williams
PostPosted: July 26, 2015, 10:20 pm
They are a pair of Neanderthals, those Fifita boys- Andrew needs to be banned from playing for a fair while for his violent threat, if true.

He has form for this type of behaviour as well. He is a bully, plain and simple. He and his ilk are the reason the game is losing fans.
Don Furner
PostPosted: July 26, 2015, 11:02 pm
Fifita faces long stint on sidelines, Cronulla chairman admits failure to stand players down is a "limp line in some ways": http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rugby-l ... iksb6.html
Don Furner
PostPosted: July 26, 2015, 11:18 pm
Sharks face sanctions if shown they had enough evidence to stand Fifita down: http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rugby-l ... ikwj1.html

The governance at the Sharks is a shambles. Gorman admits foul language used... then changes his story.
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player:
Captain Croker
PostPosted: July 27, 2015, 6:20 am
Email reveals Sharks’ Fifita brothers have been in trouble before — and gone unpunished

THE Cronulla Sharks stand accused of ignoring a previous complaint of serious misconduct levelled at star forward Andrew Fifita and his twin brother David from a junior rugby league game two years ago. As the NRL and the Sharks were preparing to hand down season-ending suspensions, The Daily Telegraph obtained a private email sent to the Sharks two years ago containing more allegations of off-field misbehaviour.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/email- ... 7457780414
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player:
Matt Awford
PostPosted: July 27, 2015, 7:12 am
Was this ref ( cop) carrying his mobile while refereeing ?
Outstanding.
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player:
Captain Croker
PostPosted: July 27, 2015, 7:16 am
Sharks coach responds to Fifita saga

CRONULLA coach Shane Flanagan says the Sharks will be “really strong” when dealing with the allegations levelled against twins David and Andrew Fifita.

Cronulla had a less than ideal build up to this afternoon’s 18-16 win over Canterbury at Belmore after it was revealed that the Fifita twins had allegedly abused a 24-year-old referee during an A-grade fixture in the Penrith junior league.

http://rugbyleagueweek.com.au/flanagan- ... fita-saga/
Don Furner
PostPosted: July 27, 2015, 8:05 am
green94 wrote:Was this ref ( cop) carrying his mobile while refereeing ?
Outstanding.

I do, too. I think most refs do at junior games.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player:
Luke Turner
PostPosted: July 27, 2015, 9:18 am
T_R wrote:
Outstanding.

T_R tweets his decisions
Head to Head
Luke Turner - 1
Blake Ferguson - 0
Don Furner
PostPosted: July 27, 2015, 9:32 am
Northern Raider wrote:
T_R wrote:
Outstanding.

T_R tweets his decisions

I like to give live FB updates during the game ( #penalisethefatkid). I also pop a photo up of my halftime oranges.

Seriously though, we have one kid with a heart condition in the team. He collapsed and stopped breathing at a game this year and i called an ambulance from the field (immediately after tweeting, changing my FB status to 'lol ... about to resuscitate a 9 year old #frothingatthemouth #notongue, and posting short blog reflecting on the experience.).

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Laurie Daley
PostPosted: July 27, 2015, 9:35 am
T_R wrote:
Northern Raider wrote:
T_R wrote:
Outstanding.

T_R tweets his decisions

I like to give live FB updates during the game ( #penalisethefatkid). I also pop a photo up of my halftime oranges.

Seriously though, we have one kid with a heart condition in the team. He collapsed and stopped breathing at a game this year and i called an ambulance from the field (immediately after tweeting, changing my FB status to 'lol ... about to resuscitate a 9 year old #frothingatthemouth #notongue, and posting short blog reflecting on the experience.).
You forgot to mention the selfies with the kid in the background for instagram
2012, 2014 & 2015 Boogs Avatar/Signature of the Year
Laurie Daley
PostPosted: July 27, 2015, 10:05 am
The Sharks should use this as a chance to sack Andrew. He isn't worth the maintenance.
Gary Belcher

Favourite Player:
Billyt
PostPosted: July 27, 2015, 10:30 am
T_R wrote:
Northern Raider wrote:
T_R wrote:
Outstanding.

T_R tweets his decisions

:lol:
"A hex on your house, and more importantly your health"
"I truly hope the spirit of my mate gives you hell, you deserve it"
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player:
Captain Croker
PostPosted: July 27, 2015, 10:38 am
rugbyleaguehub.com ‏@leaguehubcom 13m13 minutes ago
Andrew and David Fifita banned from Penrith junior rugby league games for 12 months http://fb.me/3TRENqjuy
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player:
Captain Croker
PostPosted: July 27, 2015, 10:39 am
Danny Weidler ‏@Danny_Weidler 7m7 minutes ago
Early indication is possible ban of around 10 weeks from NRL for Fifita twins - already banned for 12 months from Panthers junior league.
Gary Belcher

Favourite Player:
Billyt
PostPosted: July 27, 2015, 10:45 am
Is anyone aware of what happens with a players salary if they're banned? The common sense side says they shouldn't receive payment, but I have a feeling they still would?
"A hex on your house, and more importantly your health"
"I truly hope the spirit of my mate gives you hell, you deserve it"
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player:
Captain Croker
PostPosted: July 27, 2015, 10:50 am
They would still get paid by the clubs Id imagine.

Club might have policies where they fine them
John Ferguson
Favourite Player:
Jarrod Croker
PostPosted: July 27, 2015, 10:59 am
Titans boss Graham Annesley said the club was yet to decide if it will invoke an NRL clause which gives them the power to sanction players who breach the rules of the sport or governing body both on and off the field. With Bird on an estimated $550,000 a year, his eight-game suspension could see him potentially lose a six-figure sum from his salary.

Annesley said the option to withhold pay was there but the club had made no decision as to what course of action it would take and had planned no meeting to discuss the outcome of the judiciary.

“There are contractual rules around that kind of thing but the club hasn’t had a chance to consider anything at this stage.”

http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/sport/gold-coast-titans-hardman-greg-bird-to-count-the-cost-after-eight-match-ban/story-fnj94ixl-1227339550247

It seems there is an option for clubs to withhold some pay, however, I don't think the Sharks would do that if they plan on keeping Fifita at the club long term.
Don Furner
PostPosted: July 27, 2015, 11:06 am
What a shame, no video.
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player:
Captain Croker
PostPosted: July 27, 2015, 11:13 am
St Pat's captain talks to Triple M

http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/sport/ ... e-matches/
Mal Meninga

Favourite Player:
Luke Turner
PostPosted: July 27, 2015, 11:14 am
greeneyed wrote:What a shame, no video.

Convenient, just not sure for which side.
"My own opinion is enough for me and I claim the right to have it defended against any consensus, any majority, anywhere, any place, any time, and anyone who disagrees with this can pick a number, get in line and kiss my ass" Christopher Hitchens
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player:
Captain Croker
PostPosted: July 27, 2015, 12:30 pm
Josh Massoud ‏@josh_massoud 20m20 minutes ago
BREAKING: @WestsTigers prop Matt Lodge has also been banned from attending PDJRL matches for the rest of 2015 for his involvement on Sat.
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player:
Luke Turner
PostPosted: July 27, 2015, 12:36 pm
Raidersrawesome wrote:Josh Massoud ‏@josh_massoud 20m20 minutes ago
BREAKING: @WestsTigers prop Matt Lodge has also been banned from attending PDJRL matches for the rest of 2015 for his involvement on Sat.

There goes the Tigers season
Head to Head
Luke Turner - 1
Blake Ferguson - 0
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player:
Luke Turner
PostPosted: July 27, 2015, 12:40 pm
Raidersrawesome wrote:Danny Weidler ‏@Danny_Weidler 7m7 minutes ago
Early indication is possible ban of around 10 weeks from NRL for Fifita twins - already banned for 12 months from Panthers junior league.

Effectively rules them out of 2015. NRL should also impose good behaviour bonds on these players. Any other code of conduct breaches in 2016 should see them cop an additional 12 month ban.
Head to Head
Luke Turner - 1
Blake Ferguson - 0
Ricky Stuart
PostPosted: July 27, 2015, 12:41 pm
The Sharks, just get rid of them already and the game can move on.
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player:
Captain Croker
PostPosted: July 27, 2015, 12:50 pm
David Fifita served year-long ban for abusing officials in 2011

Cronulla forward David Fifita was banned for a year in 2011 for abusing match officials in almost identical circumstances that sees him facing a lengthy ban from rugby league following an incident last Saturday.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/cron ... z3h3YV1EdB
John Ferguson
Favourite Player:
Shaun Fensom
PostPosted: July 27, 2015, 1:48 pm
It'd be interesting to know what really happened. Listening to that bloke who said he was there it doesn't sound anywhere near as bad.

Media finished their trial immediately upon hearing about it and found them guilty (surprisingly). Should be sorted out through the proper channels before anyone jumps on board any claims, demands massive suspensions and so forth.
Raiders4life!

Anti-The Club
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player:
Croker, Vaughan and Fensom
PostPosted: July 27, 2015, 1:55 pm
cat wrote:and he is right but it wont happen, Fifita should have been stood down from todays game and the sharks either fined or lose the 2 points by letting him play.

Freddy made an interesting comment on the footy show this morning , he said that in a way the NRL was to blame because Andrew is a serial offender on the field being rude and aggressive to the refs so no wonder he thought he could do it at the junior level.

At the end of the day we have seen again that the NRL is all talk and no real action. Fifitas will be fined and sent off to do some kind of tick the box course and we will all forget about it, hey he might even get a Dally M at the end of the season!

cat wrote:I'm guessing the video will go missing :(, they needed to get it out in social media for it to really count IMO

Well don't these posts just seem silly now. You really need to make yourself some kind of tin-foil hat, cat. Fair dinkum.
2012 Golden Boogs Newbie of the Year
2013 'Nella Awards Best Punter
2013 Boogs Thread of the Year ~ The Betting Thread
2014 Boogs Matthew Elliott Award Winner
2014 Boogs some award with Hanbush
Don Furner
PostPosted: July 27, 2015, 2:15 pm
The Nickman wrote:
cat wrote:and he is right but it wont happen, Fifita should have been stood down from todays game and the sharks either fined or lose the 2 points by letting him play.

cat wrote:I'm guessing the video will go missing :(, they needed to get it out in social media for it to really count IMO

Well don't these posts just seem silly now. You really need to make yourself some kind of tin-foil hat, cat. Fair dinkum.

Im not sure you haven't gone off prematurely here, Nickman. Will be interested to see what substantive punishment they receive.

Next

Return to Rugby League