Fifita brothers allegedly abuse junior refs

Talk about NRL, State of Origin, Tests, Four Nations, World Cup, everything rugby league

Moderator: GH Moderators

Mal Meninga
Favourite Player:
Captain Croker
PostPosted: August 4, 2015, 8:01 am
Big Sports Breakfast ‏@skybigsports 7m7 minutes ago
Gallen on Andrew Fifita: Fine him $50k, suspend him for a month and be done with it. It's dragged on long enough. @Cronulla_Sharks
Don Furner
PostPosted: August 4, 2015, 8:20 am
Suspend him the rest of the season and be done with it.
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player:
Captain Croker
PostPosted: August 6, 2015, 10:05 am
http://m.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league ... m=facebook
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player:
Captain Croker
PostPosted: August 6, 2015, 3:57 pm
Breaking: Andrew Fifita has agreed to accept a six week ban plus a large fine. No announcement until David's punishment is finalised.

Weidler tweet

Andrew Fifita has agreed to a six week ban and $30,000 fine. Backdated so available for semis David Fifita yet to agree to his penalty.
Don Furner
PostPosted: August 6, 2015, 4:02 pm
He "agreed" to a ban? Like it negotiated?!
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player:
Captain Croker
PostPosted: August 6, 2015, 4:05 pm
No I wouldn't say so.

He isnt going to fight it is the way I take it.

Should miss the rest of the season. Not be back for semis
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player:
Captain Croker
PostPosted: August 6, 2015, 4:14 pm
Breaking: David Fifita to be banned 6 WEEKS as well - but smaller fine because he's on smaller contract @Cronulla_Sharks
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player:
Captain Croker
PostPosted: August 13, 2015, 5:27 am
Andrew Fifita admits his regret over sideline confrontation and plans a return to refereeing

BUNKERED down at his mother’s house, in a bid to throw-off a throng of media chasing the biggest news story of the past fortnight, Andrew Fifita’s two year-old son Latu Jay looked up to his father with a furrowed brow.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/ ... 7475298177
Bradley Clyde
PostPosted: August 13, 2015, 6:25 am
Here come the sob stories
Mal Meninga

Favourite Player:
Bay56
PostPosted: August 13, 2015, 4:33 pm
I only want to read about it if he was painting his mother's house, not just staying there. All good redemption stories begin with painting houses, if I recall.
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player:
Captain Croker
PostPosted: August 21, 2015, 6:33 am
Cronulla Sharks props Andrew and David Fifita urged to stop loitering at grounds

The Penrith Referees Association has urged the Fifita brothers to uphold the spirit of their 12-month bans, claiming abused officials can't move on while the twins are loitering outside their grounds.

The Penrith and District Junior Rugby League claims Andrew and David Fifita turned up to watch a match in their region last weekend, but didn't technically breach their suspension because they didn't set foot onto the grounds.

Read more: http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rugby-l ... z3jOCyuDJl

Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player:
Dane Tilse
PostPosted: August 21, 2015, 8:13 am
Andrew also went to the sharks game when he wasn't supposed to, dressed in disguise then tweeted photos

They have learnt nothing, time to make the sharks take control and sack them or at least a 6month suspension
Jason Croker
Favourite Player:
Past: Brad Clyde
Present: Shaun Fensom
PostPosted: August 21, 2015, 9:49 am
cat wrote:Andrew also went to the sharks game when he wasn't supposed to, dressed in disguise then tweeted photos

They have learnt nothing, time to make the sharks take control and sack them or at least a 6month suspension

He is allowed to sit among the fans at Cronulla games. It states in the article that he didn't breach his conditions.

The suspended Andrew Fifita has gone to extraordinary lengths to support his Cronulla Sharks teammates.

The international prop, who has been stood down following an incident involving match officials at a Penrith junior league game, took the unusual approach of sitting with the fans rather than teammates during Cronulla's loss to Melbourne at Remondis Stadium on Monday night.

Fifita, who didn't breach the conditions of his suspension by sitting among fans, tried his best to remain inconspicuous, putting on an orange wig, beanie, glasses and what appeared to be white zinc while he watched his teammates from the hill.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/leag ... j1l6p.html

You have to admire his dedication to supporting St. Mary's. I know what he did to the ref was stupid but for an NRL player to be that invested in a District team is good IMO.
Mal Meninga

Favourite Player:
Luke Turner
PostPosted: August 21, 2015, 1:30 pm
NRL star Andrew Fifita reveals he tried to commit suicide

http://m.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nr ... 7492862320
"My own opinion is enough for me and I claim the right to have it defended against any consensus, any majority, anywhere, any place, any time, and anyone who disagrees with this can pick a number, get in line and kiss my ass" Christopher Hitchens
Previous

Return to Rugby League