Fifita brothers allegedly abuse junior refs

Talk about NRL, State of Origin, Tests, Four Nations, World Cup, everything rugby league

Moderator: GH Moderators

Laurie Daley
Favourite Player:
Dane Tilse
PostPosted: July 27, 2015, 11:01 pm
Schifty wrote:I think they should also hit the Sharks with a 4 point deduction effective immediately for letting these pelicans play on Sunday.

Agree, sharks knew they were gone but wanted to win at all cost
Mal Meninga

Favourite Player:
Luke Turner
PostPosted: July 28, 2015, 9:00 am
St Pat's Captain Says It Was The Referee Not Fifita

http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/sport/ ... ew-fifita/
"My own opinion is enough for me and I claim the right to have it defended against any consensus, any majority, anywhere, any place, any time, and anyone who disagrees with this can pick a number, get in line and kiss my ass" Christopher Hitchens
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player:
Captain Croker
PostPosted: July 28, 2015, 9:03 am
Posted the audio of that yesterday .

What team were the Fifitas helping ?

The captain sounds like he was dirty that play started again and then went over towards the player getting helped off
Don Furner
PostPosted: July 28, 2015, 1:23 pm
St Pats.
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player:
Captain Croker
PostPosted: July 28, 2015, 1:40 pm
therefore the team they were helping
Mal Meninga

Favourite Player:
Luke Turner
PostPosted: July 28, 2015, 2:06 pm
So as reliable as the match officials siding with their own
"My own opinion is enough for me and I claim the right to have it defended against any consensus, any majority, anywhere, any place, any time, and anyone who disagrees with this can pick a number, get in line and kiss my ass" Christopher Hitchens
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player:
Luke Turner
PostPosted: July 28, 2015, 2:53 pm
Manbush wrote:So as reliable as the match officials siding with their own

No, not really. I'll let you work out the difference for yourself.
Head to Head
Luke Turner - 1
Blake Ferguson - 0
Mal Meninga

Favourite Player:
Luke Turner
PostPosted: July 28, 2015, 4:29 pm
You'll understand why I'm dubious about a story that involves a police officer not being able to use the camera on his phone despite pretending it was recording.

An unbiased witness would be great to hear from.
John Ferguson
Favourite Player:
Shaun Fensom
PostPosted: July 28, 2015, 5:29 pm
Manbush wrote:You'll understand why I'm dubious about a story that involves a police officer not being able to use the camera on his phone despite pretending it was recording.

I loved how Buzz dropped in his profession in his article to rile up the reader more. How dare those Fifita boys. Those terrible fellers were loud and aggressive and now he's thinking of giving away refereeing to go back to his nice, easy, hassle free job of riot police work.
Raiders4life!

Anti-The Club
Laurie Daley
PostPosted: July 28, 2015, 5:38 pm
Baywatch wrote:
Manbush wrote:You'll understand why I'm dubious about a story that involves a police officer not being able to use the camera on his phone despite pretending it was recording.

I loved how Buzz dropped in his profession in his article to rile up the reader more. How dare those Fifita boys. Those terrible fellers were loud and aggressive and now he's thinking of giving away refereeing to go back to his nice, easy, hassle free job of riot police work.

He goes for the Sharks though.
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player:
Captain Croker
PostPosted: July 30, 2015, 7:41 am
Apparently witnesses have backed up the refs version.
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player:
Luke Turner
PostPosted: July 30, 2015, 1:28 pm
Raidersrawesome wrote:Apparently witnesses have backed up the refs version.

All part of the conspiracy :woot:
Head to Head
Luke Turner - 1
Blake Ferguson - 0
Laurie Daley
PostPosted: July 30, 2015, 6:19 pm
Goodes threatens people and is great theatre and a traditional challenge, fifita's do it and its borderline assault!

Too soon?
Edrick The Entertainer
Steve Walters

Favourite Player:
Blake Austin
PostPosted: July 30, 2015, 6:24 pm
bonehead wrote:Goodes threatens people and is great theatre and a traditional challenge, fifita's do it and its borderline assault!

Too soon?
EDIT will not be tolerated
Mal Meninga

Favourite Player:
Nick Cotric
PostPosted: July 30, 2015, 7:05 pm
simo wrote:
bonehead wrote:Goodes threatens people and is great theatre and a traditional challenge, fifita's do it and its borderline assault!

Too soon?
EDIT will not be tolerated

Oooooof.
The List - K.Love, Keno, Zippy's tennis angels, LA Lakers, Noah, Boozer, Lucy's horse tips, Colts, Lucy, Kevin Proctor, Dr Zaius, TR....
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player:
Captain Croker
PostPosted: July 31, 2015, 6:28 am
Tackle Two – The truth about Andrew Fifita

There was no more relieved man in the NRL this week than Des Hasler, following Andrew Fifita’s behavior toward a junior referee last Saturday. Hasler now understands just how serious a bullet he dodged last year, when negotiations between the Bulldogs and Fifita broke down, after the prop had agreed to a four-year deal worth more than $3 million.

https://au.sports.yahoo.com/league/a/29 ... im-wilson/
Mal Meninga

Favourite Player:
Luke Turner
PostPosted: July 31, 2015, 2:24 pm
Reported that Fifitas lawyers have requested the referees phone be made available to the NRL
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player:
Captain Croker
PostPosted: July 31, 2015, 5:29 pm
BREAKING: Andrew Fifita issued show cause notice to appear in front of Cronulla board next week
Mal Meninga
PostPosted: July 31, 2015, 6:05 pm
Triple M reporting he could "walk away" if banned for the rest of the season
Alan Tongue
PostPosted: July 31, 2015, 6:11 pm
Lenny Leonard wrote:Triple M reporting he could "walk away" if banned for the rest of the season

Good riddance Mr Fifita
Just because I rock doesn't mean I'm made of stone
Jason Croker
Favourite Player:
Shannon Boyd
PostPosted: July 31, 2015, 6:11 pm
Lenny Leonard wrote:Triple M reporting he could "walk away" if banned for the rest of the season

He can keep walking then
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017
Don Furner
PostPosted: July 31, 2015, 7:12 pm
Sid wrote:

He can keep walking then

He can break into a bloody jog as far as I'm concerned.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Mal Meninga

Favourite Player:
Bay56
PostPosted: July 31, 2015, 8:28 pm
If a dog licking your jatz crackers gets you kicked out of the comp, it will be interesting to see what physically threatening a junior referee and threatening to break his neck gets you.
Bradley Clyde
PostPosted: July 31, 2015, 8:51 pm
Seiffert82 wrote:If a dog licking your jatz crackers gets you kicked out of the comp, it will be interesting to see what physically threatening a junior referee and threatening to break his neck gets you.

Is that what was said?
Mal Meninga

Favourite Player:
Luke Turner
PostPosted: July 31, 2015, 9:18 pm
:lol:

Haven't heard that one, just that he threatened to smash his phone.
Don Furner
PostPosted: July 31, 2015, 9:22 pm
No, he threatened to smash him, according to the referee's and others' reports.
Mal Meninga

Favourite Player:
Bay56
PostPosted: August 1, 2015, 4:34 pm
VictorTheViking wrote:
Seiffert82 wrote:If a dog licking your jatz crackers gets you kicked out of the comp, it will be interesting to see what physically threatening a junior referee and threatening to break his neck gets you.

Is that what was said?

Depends on what report you read.

These statements have been provided by other match officials, as well as ground managers representing the two opposing clubs, St Patricks and St Marys. Their authors are involved in highly reputable professions – teaching and law enforcement. We’ve been made aware of their account of Fifita’s statement toward Hannon: ‘Give me that f. . . ing phone c. . . or I will snap your neck.’ Fifita disputes this, claiming he only threatened to break the phone. Is there really any difference?

https://au.sports.yahoo.com/league/a/29 ... im-wilson/
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player:
Captain Croker
PostPosted: August 3, 2015, 6:48 am
Cronulla Sharks prop Andrew Fifita facing eight-match ban for referee abuse

Cronulla prop Andrew Fifita is expected to be suspended for up to eight matches over allegations he abused and threatened a referee after a Penrith District Junior Rugby League match.

Fifita is challenging a 12-month suspension from attending matches in the Penrith DJRL competition and has submitted a 16-point statement to the NRL in which he denies needing to be physically restrained by ground officials or telling referee Tim Hannon: "I'll smash you."

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/cron ... z3hh0zDcJU
Laurie Daley
PostPosted: August 3, 2015, 5:10 pm
Who's offered the deal asada??? 8 matches is weak
Edrick The Entertainer
Laurie Daley

Favourite Player:
Smash Williams
PostPosted: August 3, 2015, 5:22 pm
These twins are absolute pillocks. Whoever said two brains are better than one are wrong. It must be a dividing factor of one brain between how many.

8 weeks for what they did is so weak. Can you imagine Joe Root or Rinaldo threatening the same at a local game in their home City?

I would be most pleased to see them rubbed out of league for life.
Don Furner
PostPosted: August 3, 2015, 6:51 pm
My goodness the NRL take absolutely forever to do any thing. These peanuts have gone unpunished, permitted to play, for two rounds. How many more?
David Furner

Favourite Player:
Boxhead
PostPosted: August 3, 2015, 6:57 pm
Gotta let them get a few more weeks in so that the 'retroactive' bans are a decent length GE.
Bradley Clyde
PostPosted: August 3, 2015, 7:07 pm
Some of the sharks fans on facebook are ridiculous... Bringing up woman bashers (auva and lui) who did lengthy suspensions once they were convicted
Don Furner
Favourite Player:
Mal Meninga, Terry Campese, Blake Austin
PostPosted: August 3, 2015, 8:47 pm
greeneyed wrote:My goodness the NRL take absolutely forever to do any thing. These peanuts have gone unpunished, permitted to play, for two rounds. How many more?

They didnt play on the weekend.
Don Furner
PostPosted: August 3, 2015, 9:30 pm
Hah! :opps
PreviousNext

Return to Rugby League