Rugby league to enter the Chinese market

Talk about NRL, State of Origin, Tests, Four Nations, World Cup, everything rugby league

Moderator: GH Moderators

Mal Meninga
Favourite Player:
Captain Croker
PostPosted: August 1, 2015, 9:12 am
Rugby league to enter the Chinese market

RUGBY league is set to attempt the boldest move in its 120-year history – a push into the world’s biggest market . . . China.

Next year, up to half a-dozen athletes, hand-picked from China’s 1.35 billion population, will be brought to Australia and placed with NRL clubs.

“It takes just one to make it,” says league visionary and former Balmain and Newtown coach Paul Broughton, the man behind the ambitious project.

“If one makes it, over a billion people will watch him and support him.

http://rugbyleagueweek.com.au/rugby-lea ... se-market/
Laurie Daley

Favourite Player:
Josh Hodgson
PostPosted: August 1, 2015, 9:50 am
If only some club over the past few years was willing to take a game over there to give it some exposure so this new idea would have more impact.
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player:
Matt Awford
PostPosted: August 1, 2015, 9:53 am
Well of course the first Chinese man to go from ping pong to rugby league will be famous.
Don Furner
PostPosted: August 1, 2015, 12:25 pm
Let me assist worth the businesses plan:

Page 1
Paragraph 1
Line 1

' Forget it. Its not going to work. '

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Laurie Daley

Favourite Player:
Nick Cotric
PostPosted: August 1, 2015, 1:38 pm
Our players will be household names in China!
The List - K.Love, Keno, Zippy's tennis angels, LA Lakers, Noah, Boozer, Lucy's horse tips, Colts, Lucy, Kevin Proctor, Dr Zaius, TR....
John Ferguson
PostPosted: August 1, 2015, 1:43 pm
Pigman wrote:Our players will be household names in China!

I also boldly predict that our players profile will help make our main sponsor a household name in China.

Return to Rugby League