Stadia program heralds new era for fans
Rugby League fans will enjoy a new era of world class sporting facilities in Sydney under the $1 billion-plus stadia program announced today by the NSW Government.
NSW Premier Mike Baird and Minister for Sport Stuart Ayres announced the biggest investment in sport and major event infrastructure in NSW since the 2000 Sydney Olympics, with a new 30,000 seat stadium at Parramatta the first project to be delivered as part of the package.
More than $1 billion will be invested in the stadia network over the next decade. $600 million has been set aside in Rebuilding NSW and the NSW Government will provide a further allocation of funding to complete the projects.
The investment in the state's major stadia network includes:
• A new rectangular stadium at Parramatta with 30,000 seats;
• A new rectangular stadium at Moore Park with 50,000 to 55,000 seats;
• The redevelopment of Stadium Australia, which may include a retractable roof;
• A new indoor arena near the CBD;
• A new outer western Sydney sporting venue; and
• The completion of the SCG upgrade.
http://www.nrl.com/stadia-program-heral ... fault.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Talk about NRL, State of Origin, Tests, Four Nations, World Cup, everything rugby league
Moderator: GH Moderators
2 posts • Page 1 of 1