Wests Tigers 2017

Talk about NRL, State of Origin, Tests, Four Nations, World Cup, everything rugby league

Moderator: GH Moderators

Laurie Daley
Favourite Player:
Luke Turner
PostPosted: April 3, 2017, 6:51 pm
That will make it 3 head coaches in 4 weeks for the Tigers.
Head to Head
Luke Turner - 1
Blake Ferguson - 0
Jason Croker
PostPosted: April 3, 2017, 6:58 pm
It's amazing that they went through a rigorous process and then came up with the answer everyone was expecting!
John Ferguson
Favourite Player:
Laurie Daley
PostPosted: April 3, 2017, 7:38 pm
When was Taylor appointed coach of the Tigers and when was Cleary sacked from Penrith?

Essentially could they have come to this decision a couple of years ago?

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Jason Croker
Favourite Player:
Royce Hunt
PostPosted: April 3, 2017, 7:46 pm
RTW wrote:When was Taylor appointed coach of the Tigers and when was Cleary sacked from Penrith?

Cleary's last year at the Panthers was Taylor's first at the Tigers. So, no

Sent from my iPad using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
John Ferguson
Favourite Player:
Laurie Daley
PostPosted: April 3, 2017, 8:02 pm
Notaroboticfish wrote:
RTW wrote:When was Taylor appointed coach of the Tigers and when was Cleary sacked from Penrith?

Thanks, I was to lazy to figure that out myself,

Laurie Daley
Favourite Player:
Matt Awford
PostPosted: April 4, 2017, 2:38 pm
RTW wrote:
Notaroboticfish wrote:

Thanks, I was to lazy to figure that out myself,

Lazy is such a strong word, I prefer "selective participation".
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
Dean Lance
PostPosted: April 4, 2017, 2:39 pm
Pigman wrote:A great CEO is not how the vast majority viewed Don Furner at the time

He was routinely lambasted on this site and others despite putting the club in a great position off the park and doing his best to navigate through a very competitive market under funded and resourced

Totally agree

Sent from my HTC 2PST1 using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
"I swear to devote my life to the destruction of piracy, greed, cruelty, and injustice, in all their forms! My sons and their sons shall follow me."
Don Furner
PostPosted: April 4, 2017, 2:45 pm
The Phantom wrote:
Pigman wrote:A great CEO is not how the vast majority viewed Don Furner at the time

He was routinely lambasted on this site and others despite putting the club in a great position off the park and doing his best to navigate through a very competitive market under funded and resourced

Totally agree

Sent from my HTC 2PST1 using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I'd argue that securing appropriate levels of support from the Board is a key role for a quality CEO.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Mal Meninga

Favourite Player:
Nick Cotric
PostPosted: April 4, 2017, 3:12 pm
The best CEO in the world wouldn't have been able to secure appropriate levels of support from Farmer Mac. This wasn't some standard corporate board where you can obtain support from key members. This was a dictatorship, Farmer mac was the head and everyone else was a hand picked "yes" man

The fact we immediately got appropriate levels of support the moment the old **** stood downs tells you where the problem was. And it probably wasn't that DFJ woke up the morning of Farmer Mac's resignation and was suddenly a much better CEO
The List - K.Love, Keno, Zippy's tennis angels, LA Lakers, Noah, Boozer, Lucy's horse tips, Colts, Lucy, Kevin Proctor, Dr Zaius, TR....
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player:
Shaun Fensom
PostPosted: April 5, 2017, 5:03 pm
Wests Tigers Mitchell Moses reportedly seeks immediate release to join Parramatta Eels

YOUNG gun Mitchell Moses has knocked back a $3 million three-year offer to remain at Wests Tigers and is asking for an immediate release to switch to the Parramatta Eels.

Two days after new coach Ivan Cleary told the Tigers players they needed to make a decision about whether they wanted to be on the team bus or not, the club is now faced with a tough decision. Moses is set to switch to the Eels next season.

Read more: http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pre ... 6f35116e7c
1985/86: The last time we missed consecutive finals series.....Until STICKY
Don Furner
PostPosted: April 5, 2017, 5:34 pm
James Hooper on NRL Tonight saying the Eels have a two year deal on offer for 18-19, and he's turned down a three year, $3 million deal from the Wests Tigers. And they want an immediate release. Also saying Woods to Bulldogs and Tedesco to Roosters. Brooks would be the only player to remain at Wests Tigers.
Jason Croker
Favourite Player:
Past: Brett Mullins
Present: Elliot Whitehead
PostPosted: April 5, 2017, 5:42 pm
Woods to the dogs.... I can't see that making sense unless another big forward gets a release. Maybe Graham? He's on huge coin and getting on in years. But des loves him so... no idea.

Also lets remember that the Tigers let Austin and TMM go to hold on to Moses.
Ruben Wiki

Favourite Player:
George Clooney
PostPosted: April 5, 2017, 5:47 pm
$1m a year for Moses .. maybe I haven't seen enough of Moses but his performances at the Tigers is diamonds / rocks stuff.
I don't post facts
Mal Meninga

Favourite Player:
Luke Turner
PostPosted: April 5, 2017, 6:00 pm
Yep $1mil is ridiculous, he's shown potential but hasn't come close to delivering on a consistent basis which that kind of money demands.

Woods to Dogs is also bizarre, I would've thought they'd be keener on a spine player.
"My own opinion is enough for me and I claim the right to have it defended against any consensus, any majority, anywhere, any place, any time, and anyone who disagrees with this can pick a number, get in line and kiss my ass" Christopher Hitchens

Brett Mullins
PostPosted: April 5, 2017, 6:03 pm
Manbush wrote:Yep $1mil is ridiculous, he's shown potential but hasn't come close to delivering on a consistent basis which that kind of money demands.

Woods to Dogs is also bizarre, I would've thought they'd be keener on a spine player.

Id say the dogs are specials to nab Foran at the end of the year.
Jason Croker
PostPosted: April 5, 2017, 6:06 pm
Sounds like Cleary has laid down the law and all the princesses are jumping ship. Tedesco is the only one worth a big contract.

It will be tough for Cleary to rebuild without any of those players but if they aren't prepared do the hard yards then he's better off without them!
Laurie Daley
PostPosted: April 5, 2017, 6:17 pm
It's quite amazing that the Tigers 'big 4' could still get close to 4m between them next year. Our entire spine plus Boyd and Paulo would only be on less.

David Furner

Favourite Player:
Ken Nagas
PostPosted: April 5, 2017, 6:30 pm
Good luck Parra is they think Moses is a halfback.... They aren't winning a comp with 2 5/8's

David Furner

Favourite Player:
Ken Nagas
PostPosted: April 5, 2017, 6:33 pm
I've been highly critical of Sezer at times but no way in the world would I swap him for Moses or Brooks
Bradley Clyde

Favourite Player:
Austin, Hodgson, Fensom, Vaughan
PostPosted: April 5, 2017, 6:35 pm
greeneyed wrote:James Hooper on NRL Tonight saying the Eels have a two year deal on offer for 18-19, and he's turned down a three year, $3 million deal from the Wests Tigers. And they want an immediate release. Also saying Woods to Bulldogs and Tedesco to Roosters. Brooks would be the only player to remain at Wests Tigers.

I think Tigers are losers there but I guess depends what they offer Brooks.
Jason Croker
Favourite Player:
Past: Brad Clyde
Present: Shaun Fensom
PostPosted: April 5, 2017, 6:40 pm
Green_Hammock wrote:
greeneyed wrote:James Hooper on NRL Tonight saying the Eels have a two year deal on offer for 18-19, and he's turned down a three year, $3 million deal from the Wests Tigers. And they want an immediate release. Also saying Woods to Bulldogs and Tedesco to Roosters. Brooks would be the only player to remain at Wests Tigers.

Reported $550k per year which probably isnt too bad.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Bradley Clyde

Favourite Player:
Austin, Hodgson, Fensom, Vaughan
PostPosted: April 5, 2017, 6:41 pm
Manchild wrote:
Green_Hammock wrote:

Yeah I guess with the way halfbacks are worth now. If Ben Hunt is worth over 1 mil then Brooks might be worth half that.
Laurie Daley
PostPosted: April 5, 2017, 6:42 pm
Manchild wrote:
Green_Hammock wrote:

You could pick up Williams for half that and he is a better player. He is on more than Sezer.

Jason Croker
PostPosted: April 5, 2017, 9:05 pm
Get rid of Farah to keep Taylor happy then 3 games later sack Taylor to keep the 'big 4' happy. Then 3 of the 4 abandon the club. Classic stuff, the new Parramatta.
Raiders Member #4173
Bay 72, Row T, Seat 8

Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player:
Jarrod Croker
PostPosted: April 5, 2017, 9:31 pm
Raiders666 wrote:Good luck Parra is they think Moses is a halfback.... They aren't winning a comp with 2 5/8's

I'm actually amazed Parra don't seem to be in the running for Cronk. What's not to love about a 34 year old halfback that has achieved everything in the game and looking for a final pay cheque.

Cronks been a **** amazing player, but unless you have a very good chance of adding him to a side that's capable of winning a comp next year, I don't think he's worth signing.

Laurie Daley
Favourite Player:
Luke Turner
PostPosted: April 5, 2017, 9:36 pm
pickles wrote:Sounds like Cleary has laid down the law and all the princesses are jumping ship. Tedesco is the only one worth a big contract.

It will be tough for Cleary to rebuild without any of those players but if they aren't prepared do the hard yards then he's better off without them!

He will be in a better position to rebuild if he doesn't have a big chunk of his cap committed to underperforming halves. Tigers have been a debacle for a number of years now. Some tough love from Cleary is their best chance of progress. Not bending to the will if the 'Big 4' pretenders.
Head to Head
Luke Turner - 1
Blake Ferguson - 0
Laurie Daley
PostPosted: April 6, 2017, 2:16 am
Other than Teddy they are average players. They are in a similar position to us when Milf left, it will just take smart recruiting and they will be in a better position.
Don Furner
PostPosted: April 6, 2017, 7:04 am
Wests Tigers statement on Mitch Moses

Wests Tigers would like to clarify media reports around the contract status of Mitchell Moses.

Due to the current uncertainty surrounding the salary cap for 2018 and beyond the club has decided to prioritise the re-signings of captain Aaron Woods and James Tedesco.

As a result the current contract offer that was with Moses’ management was taken off the table by Wests Tigers.

After being made aware of this decision Moses’ management requested an immediate release from the remainder of Moses’ current contract; this request was denied by Wests Tigers.

This decision was purely made due to the current uncertainty surrounding the salary cap, with the club not willing to put itself in a risky position for 2018 and beyond.

The club informed Moses’ management that it would be willing to revisit negotiations once the 2018 salary cap figure was confirmed.

Wests Tigers media statement
Jason Croker
PostPosted: April 6, 2017, 7:28 am
Interested given the salary cap confusion hasn't changed in however long the offer has been on the table. Reading between the lines Cleary wants Tedesco and woods but not Moses.

It's a good call. You might be able to hide one turnstile half but you can't hide two!
Don Furner
PostPosted: April 6, 2017, 8:27 am
Roosters going for Tedesco...surely they cannot fit him in.

Sent from my SM-G935F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Brett Mullins

Favourite Player:
Cotric
PostPosted: April 6, 2017, 8:44 am
Michael Gordon is probably thrilled that he just got the job at the Roosters and now they want Teddy

Sent from my SM-G925I using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Jason Croker
Favourite Player:
Shannon Boyd
PostPosted: April 6, 2017, 10:08 am
jeeze I hope **** roosters don't get teddy
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017
Chris O'Sullivan

Favourite Player:
Love em all
PostPosted: April 6, 2017, 12:12 pm
Other reports are Tedesco n Woods to Dogs, Hopoate n Graham out

Laurie Daley
PostPosted: April 6, 2017, 1:40 pm
Going on what Kent implied last night I think the Dogs probably are trying to move on Graham.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
David Grant

Favourite Player:
Jarrod Croker
PostPosted: April 6, 2017, 5:35 pm
Graham for Woods? Dogs are loosing their marbles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PreviousNext

Return to Rugby League