Sandor Earl set to sign with Melbourne Storm

Talk about NRL, State of Origin, Tests, Four Nations, World Cup, everything rugby league

Moderator: GH Moderators

Don Furner
Favourite Player:
Wighton, Croker, Hodgson, Cotric
PostPosted: October 24, 2017, 10:15 am
Sandor Earl’s ‘special week’ after signing NRL comeback deal for 2018 season

THE four-year NRL exile is over. Finally, Sandor Earl’s NRL comeback can kick-off and it starts next month when he joins Melbourne for pre-season training.

The 28-year-old has inked a one-year-deal with the Storm as he attempts to complete one of the great rugby league redemption stories. The Storm are expected to confirm the signing this week with Earl posting on social media on Monday that; “It’s a special week. By weeks (sic) end we will announce a new chapter and a new beginning.

Read more: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... xSportsAus
Don Furner
Favourite Player:
PostPosted: October 24, 2017, 10:16 am
I know its not totally Raiders related, but I think most have a soft spot for Sandor.

Great to see him get a 2nd chance.
Gary Belcher
Favourite Player:
Blake Austin
PostPosted: October 24, 2017, 10:16 am
Leilua out. Cotric to Centre. Earl to wing.
Simples.

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
In Ricky We Trust
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player:
Matt Awford
PostPosted: October 24, 2017, 10:17 am
He'll probably win a premiership...
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
Don Furner
Favourite Player:
Mal Meninga
PostPosted: October 24, 2017, 11:14 am
Matt wrote:I know its not totally Raiders related, but I think most have a soft spot for Sandor.

I didn't rate or like the guy.

But good luck to him.
Don Furner
PostPosted: October 24, 2017, 1:11 pm
I hope he does well. He did the wrong thing, but he put his hand up and took his punishment. He's the only bloke from the "darkest day in Australian sport" who did that. Great to see him come through and get another shot.
Don Furner
Favourite Player:
PostPosted: October 24, 2017, 2:11 pm
greeneyed wrote:I hope he does well. He did the wrong thing, but he put his hand up and took his punishment. He's the only bloke from the "darkest day in Australian sport" who did that. Great to see him come through and get another shot.

Yep. 100%.
Mal Meninga

Favourite Player:
Luke Turner
PostPosted: October 24, 2017, 7:06 pm
dubby wrote:
Matt wrote:I know its not totally Raiders related, but I think most have a soft spot for Sandor.

I didn't rate or like the guy.

But good luck to him.

Yep same, glad he's back and hope he goes well but not disappointed he didn't come back to the Raiders.
"My own opinion is enough for me and I claim the right to have it defended against any consensus, any majority, anywhere, any place, any time, and anyone who disagrees with this can pick a number, get in line and kiss my ass" Christopher Hitchens
Mal Meninga

Favourite Player:
Luke Turner
PostPosted: October 24, 2017, 7:11 pm
greeneyed wrote:I hope he does well. He did the wrong thing, but he put his hand up and took his punishment. He's the only bloke from the "darkest day in Australian sport" who did that. Great to see him come through and get another shot.

I remember it differently, he only admitted it after he knew he had no hope of getting out of it even threatening defamation of character lawsuit. Good luck to him and it sucks he was the only one who paid a price but I'd hardly call what he did putting his hand up unless you mean like a robber surrounded by cops caught red handed.
"My own opinion is enough for me and I claim the right to have it defended against any consensus, any majority, anywhere, any place, any time, and anyone who disagrees with this can pick a number, get in line and kiss my ass" Christopher Hitchens
Don Furner
PostPosted: October 24, 2017, 8:45 pm
Manbush wrote:

I remember it differently, he only admitted it after he knew he had no hope of getting out of it even threatening defamation of character lawsuit. Good luck to him and it sucks he was the only one who paid a price but I'd hardly call what he did putting his hand up unless you mean like a robber surrounded by cops caught red handed.

Paul Gallen was a robber surrounded by the cops caught red handed... and did he put his hand up? Wade Graham... there's others I've no doubt forgotten.
Mal Meninga

Favourite Player:
Luke Turner
PostPosted: October 24, 2017, 10:34 pm
Nowhere near the same extent, they had a ton of evidence on Earl including trafficking, hiding what he was doing from the club, while the Sharks should have gotten more I don't think they're really comparable, they to some extent had plausible denial. .
Brett Mullins

Favourite Player:
Cotric
PostPosted: October 25, 2017, 3:05 am
And gets a free premiership next year for his troubles

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Return to Rugby League