The rumour mill

 
Talk about NRL, State of Origin, Tests, Four Nations, World Cup, everything rugby league

Moderator: GH Moderators

User avatar
Mal Meninga
Posts: 47788
Joined: February 24, 2008, 7:47 am
Location: Gold Coast
Favourite Player:
Captain Croker
PostPosted: June 23, 2015, 11:03 pm
More Parra rumours

Arthur on the outer
And Hoppa looking to go
Image
Quote
User avatar
Mal Meninga
Posts: 47788
Joined: February 24, 2008, 7:47 am
Location: Gold Coast
Favourite Player:
Captain Croker
PostPosted: June 24, 2015, 1:23 pm
Gallen to retire after SOO III
Image
Quote
User avatar
Don Furner
Posts: 109004
Joined: January 7, 2005, 4:21 pm
PostPosted: June 24, 2015, 6:56 pm
From the game? Would be a good outcome.
Image
Quote
User avatar
Mal Meninga
Posts: 47788
Joined: February 24, 2008, 7:47 am
Location: Gold Coast
Favourite Player:
Captain Croker
PostPosted: June 24, 2015, 6:59 pm
That's the rumour.

From what I understand he hasnt signed the extension with the Sharks
Image
Quote
User avatar
Ricky Stuart
Posts: 9176
Joined: May 20, 2008, 2:50 pm
PostPosted: June 24, 2015, 7:02 pm
Where's that sourced from rra, traded him into my sc team this week
Image
Quote
User avatar
Mal Meninga
Posts: 47788
Joined: February 24, 2008, 7:47 am
Location: Gold Coast
Favourite Player:
Captain Croker
PostPosted: June 24, 2015, 7:04 pm
Shadow Boxer wrote:Where's that sourced from rra, traded him into my sc team this week


ever reliable twitter :lol:

Cant recall who tweeted it. It is only a rumour.
Image
Quote
User avatar
Ricky Stuart
Posts: 9176
Joined: May 20, 2008, 2:50 pm
PostPosted: June 24, 2015, 7:40 pm
no worries, can trade him for just about anyone if he does.
Image
Quote
User avatar
Gary Belcher
Posts: 6222
Joined: March 31, 2008, 7:59 pm
Location: Christchurch, NZ
PostPosted: June 24, 2015, 7:47 pm
Johnny Ringo wrote:Surely with Maloney to sharks and Hodkinson to Knights the Titans have to go after Foran I'm a big way.

I don't think the roosters are the type of team to lose a rep fullback in RTS, a rep 5/8 in Maloney and a rep front rower in Moa and not get something fairly decent in return(not to mention SBW last year) I'd bet big big money he'll be at the Roosters next year next to his mate Pierce
Quote
User avatar
Laurie Daley
Posts: 17241
Joined: June 19, 2007, 8:17 am
Location: Greener pastures
Favourite Player:
Luke Turner
PostPosted: June 25, 2015, 9:39 pm
I don't think RTS would have been on big money. Would have just finished his first NRL contract. Maloney signed up before he became a rep player. Moa was a journeyman before coming on as a late bloomer with the Roosters. You might find all three contract would add up to less than one marquee player.
Head to Head
Luke Turner - 1
Blake Ferguson - 0
Quote
User avatar
John Ferguson
Posts: 2429
Joined: July 6, 2010, 1:06 pm
Location: Brisbane
Favourite Player:
Jarrod Croker
PostPosted: June 30, 2015, 9:22 pm
I haven't been keeping up with this site for the last couple of weeks, but have we heard anything on Brenko Lee recently? There were rumours going around a few weeks ago that the Dogs were after either him or Vidot and the Brenko -> Bulldogs rumour seems to have resurfaced a bit.
Image
Quote
User avatar
Mal Meninga
Posts: 47788
Joined: February 24, 2008, 7:47 am
Location: Gold Coast
Favourite Player:
Captain Croker
PostPosted: July 2, 2015, 9:04 am
Titans favourite to sign Hodkinson
Image
Quote
User avatar
Ricky Stuart
Posts: 9176
Joined: May 20, 2008, 2:50 pm
PostPosted: July 2, 2015, 10:26 am
BrisbaneRaider wrote:I haven't been keeping up with this site for the last couple of weeks, but have we heard anything on Brenko Lee recently? There were rumours going around a few weeks ago that the Dogs were after either him or Vidot and the Brenko -> Bulldogs rumour seems to have resurfaced a bit.


He and Mago have been on the outer with Ricky since the pre-season. Don't think they'll be around next year.

Both massive talents if they knuckle down though.
Image
Quote
User avatar
Bradley Clyde
Posts: 8381
Joined: January 18, 2005, 6:35 pm
Location: Lismore NSW
PostPosted: July 2, 2015, 3:19 pm
Brenko is still on contract next year...would be silly to let him go given how our outside back depth is looking next season
Quote

Sam Backo
Posts: 176
Joined: June 25, 2015, 12:55 pm
PostPosted: July 2, 2015, 5:30 pm
Shadow Boxer wrote:
BrisbaneRaider wrote:I haven't been keeping up with this site for the last couple of weeks, but have we heard anything on Brenko Lee recently? There were rumours going around a few weeks ago that the Dogs were after either him or Vidot and the Brenko -> Bulldogs rumour seems to have resurfaced a bit.


He and Mago have been on the outer with Ricky since the pre-season. Don't think they'll be around next year.

Both massive talents if they knuckle down though.

I agree. From what I have seen of them both, they both have the ability, yet seem to fall short in the confidence or work ethic department. Brenko since debuting, seems to struggle when under pressure. He also suffers from defensive lapses worse than our current backline. But this can be overcome. But like Mago, he doesn't seem to be pushing for selection either.
Quote
User avatar
John Ferguson
Posts: 2417
Joined: July 29, 2008, 7:05 pm
Location: Brisbane
Favourite Player:
Laurie Daley
PostPosted: July 3, 2015, 6:23 pm
Jeff Steinberger wrote:
Shadow Boxer wrote:
BrisbaneRaider wrote:I haven't been keeping up with this site for the last couple of weeks, but have we heard anything on Brenko Lee recently? There were rumours going around a few weeks ago that the Dogs were after either him or Vidot and the Brenko -> Bulldogs rumour seems to have resurfaced a bit.


He and Mago have been on the outer with Ricky since the pre-season. Don't think they'll be around next year.

Both massive talents if they knuckle down though.

I agree. From what I have seen of them both, they both have the ability, yet seem to fall short in the confidence or work ethic department. Brenko since debuting, seems to struggle when under pressure. He also suffers from defensive lapses worse than our current backline. But this can be overcome. But like Mago, he doesn't seem to be pushing for selection either.


From what I have heard he has not an ounce of football intelligence about him. He has dominated juniors due to skill and physique.
Quote
User avatar
Mal Meninga
Posts: 47788
Joined: February 24, 2008, 7:47 am
Location: Gold Coast
Favourite Player:
Captain Croker
PostPosted: July 4, 2015, 1:47 pm
Todd Balym tweet

Breaking: Brisbane have given Ashley Taylor permission to negotiate with rival clubs for 2016. Story online shortly
Image
Quote
User avatar
Mal Meninga
Posts: 47788
Joined: February 24, 2008, 7:47 am
Location: Gold Coast
Favourite Player:
Captain Croker
PostPosted: July 4, 2015, 5:30 pm
Myler, who played the last of his three games for England in 2012, has been linked to Manly this year as a potential replacement for outgoing five-eighth Kieran Foran, while the likes of Newcastle and the Titans are also hunting for a quality halfback

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pre ... 7427479573

Great footwork for the try.
Image
Quote
User avatar
Mal Meninga
Posts: 23349
Joined: March 14, 2008, 6:55 pm

Favourite Player:
Luke Turner
PostPosted: July 4, 2015, 5:35 pm
Raidersrawesome wrote:Todd Balym tweet

Breaking: Brisbane have given Ashley Taylor permission to negotiate with rival clubs for 2016. Story online shortly

Broncos fans won't be happy, many wanted him in the halves with Milf at fullback and Boyd wing/centre.
"My own opinion is enough for me and I claim the right to have it defended against any consensus, any majority, anywhere, any place, any time, and anyone who disagrees with this can pick a number, get in line and kiss my ass" Christopher Hitchens
Quote
User avatar
Mal Meninga
Posts: 47788
Joined: February 24, 2008, 7:47 am
Location: Gold Coast
Favourite Player:
Captain Croker
PostPosted: July 4, 2015, 5:40 pm
Manbush wrote:
Raidersrawesome wrote:Todd Balym tweet

Breaking: Brisbane have given Ashley Taylor permission to negotiate with rival clubs for 2016. Story online shortly

Broncos fans won't be happy, many wanted him in the halves with Milf at fullback and Boyd wing/centre.


One of the CM journo was praising how generous the Broncos were for releasing him
Image
Quote
User avatar
John Ferguson
Posts: 2417
Joined: July 29, 2008, 7:05 pm
Location: Brisbane
Favourite Player:
Laurie Daley
PostPosted: July 4, 2015, 6:33 pm
Manbush wrote:
Raidersrawesome wrote:Todd Balym tweet

Breaking: Brisbane have given Ashley Taylor permission to negotiate with rival clubs for 2016. Story online shortly

Broncos fans won't be happy, many wanted him in the halves with Milf at fullback and Boyd wing/centre.


He has looked very good at under 20's level. I am sure he will find a home somewhere.
Quote
User avatar
John Ferguson
Posts: 2167
Joined: February 2, 2007, 12:14 pm
PostPosted: July 4, 2015, 9:33 pm
He wasn't homesick so Brisbane decided he was not a good fit for the team.

Also being a second stringer should clear up enough salary cap funds for Broncos to sign three more superstars. And as Queensland is so far behind the times, the signed players will count as pre June 30.
Quote
User avatar
Alan Tongue
Posts: 693
Joined: September 13, 2010, 4:02 pm

Favourite Player:
Stone Cold Blake Austin
PostPosted: July 15, 2015, 6:52 pm
Dave Taylor to the Broncos on a one year deal
Quote
User avatar
Laurie Daley
Posts: 17949
Joined: April 15, 2007, 11:03 am
Location: Queensland somewhere
PostPosted: July 15, 2015, 7:21 pm
the bone wrote:Dave Taylor to the Broncos on a one year deal

I assume that he is Alan Cann's leftover money
RIP Greenbits: 2007-2014
Quote
User avatar
John Ferguson
Posts: 2429
Joined: July 6, 2010, 1:06 pm
Location: Brisbane
Favourite Player:
Jarrod Croker
PostPosted: July 15, 2015, 7:34 pm
Dr Zaius wrote:
the bone wrote:Dave Taylor to the Broncos on a one year deal

I assume that he is Alan Cann's leftover money

Ashley Taylor is actually their second highest paid player after Milford, so they'll have plenty of space in the cap if they offload him.
Image
Quote
User avatar
Mal Meninga
Posts: 47788
Joined: February 24, 2008, 7:47 am
Location: Gold Coast
Favourite Player:
Captain Croker
PostPosted: July 15, 2015, 7:37 pm
Then they'll make a play for JT and GI
Image
Quote
User avatar
Mal Meninga
Posts: 47788
Joined: February 24, 2008, 7:47 am
Location: Gold Coast
Favourite Player:
Captain Croker
PostPosted: July 15, 2015, 8:29 pm
Brent Read ‏@brentread_7 3m3 minutes ago
Chris Sandow has had his request for a release rejected by @TheParraEels. Has until July 25 - super league cut off - to change their mind
Image
Quote
User avatar
Jason Croker
Posts: 4190
Joined: September 28, 2011, 11:29 am
Location: Darwin, NT
Favourite Player:
Past: Brad Clyde
Present: Shaun Fensom
PostPosted: July 15, 2015, 8:51 pm
Raidersrawesome wrote:Brent Read ‏@brentread_7 3m3 minutes ago
Chris Sandow has had his request for a release rejected by @TheParraEels. Has until July 25 - super league cut off - to change their mind

So they tell him he is not wanted but deny him a chance to leave. Worst. Club. Ever.
Quote
User avatar
Mal Meninga
Posts: 20309
Joined: March 17, 2007, 12:24 pm

Favourite Player:
Bay56
PostPosted: July 15, 2015, 10:13 pm
They are dead set ****wits.
Quote

David Furner
Posts: 3701
Joined: June 24, 2008, 4:22 pm
PostPosted: July 16, 2015, 3:33 am
And people still question why Ricky walked out on the club. What a **** rabble.
Raiders Member #4173
Bay 72, Row T, Seat 8
Quote
User avatar
Laurie Daley
Posts: 17979
Joined: June 18, 2013, 4:31 pm

Favourite Player:
Blake Austin
PostPosted: July 16, 2015, 8:41 pm
:lol: Jesus **** christ.
That's abysmal.
The List - K.Love, Keno, Zippy's tennis angels, LA Lakers, Noah, Boozer, Lucy's horse tips, Colts, Lucy, Kevin Proctor, Dr Zaius, TR....
Quote
User avatar
Mal Meninga
Posts: 47788
Joined: February 24, 2008, 7:47 am
Location: Gold Coast
Favourite Player:
Captain Croker
PostPosted: July 16, 2015, 9:03 pm
They don't want to pay anymore for players not at the club , like 50K they are for Hayne.
Image
Quote
User avatar
Mal Meninga
Posts: 47788
Joined: February 24, 2008, 7:47 am
Location: Gold Coast
Favourite Player:
Captain Croker
PostPosted: July 17, 2015, 8:38 am
@StGeorgeIllawarra winger Eto Nabuli told to look for new @NRL club despite signing extension: http://t.co/Ljz9imty4C http://t.co/JZyc43hpIA
Image
Quote
User avatar
Mal Meninga
Posts: 25456
Joined: July 2, 2007, 11:41 am
Location: Somewhere around Canberra Stadium
Favourite Player:
Joey Leilua
PostPosted: July 17, 2015, 9:05 am
Awkward..
Quote
User avatar
Mal Meninga
Posts: 47788
Joined: February 24, 2008, 7:47 am
Location: Gold Coast
Favourite Player:
Captain Croker
PostPosted: July 23, 2015, 6:13 pm
Brent Read ‏@brentread_7 15m15 minutes ago
Hearing Chris Sandow's time at @TheParraEels has come to an end. Announcement imminent. Will join Warrington before July 25 cut off.
Image
Quote
User avatar
Brett Mullins
Posts: 1169
Joined: February 27, 2014, 4:35 pm
PostPosted: July 23, 2015, 6:54 pm
Raidersrawesome wrote:Brent Read ‏@brentread_7 15m15 minutes ago
Hearing Chris Sandow's time at @TheParraEels has come to an end. Announcement imminent. Will join Warrington before July 25 cut off.


He's gone, said the same on nrl360
Quote
PreviousNext

Return to Rugby League


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 2 guests