The Travel Thread

The social club of The Greenhouse

Moderator: GH Moderators

Mal Meninga

Favourite Player:
Luke Turner
PostPosted: September 22, 2013, 7:58 pm
Years before I knew her and I've never set foot in Columbia, now a virgin stewardess so Nickmans probably had her on one of his millions of flights.
"My own opinion is enough for me and I claim the right to have it defended against any consensus, any majority, anywhere, any place, any time, and anyone who disagrees with this can pick a number, get in line and kiss my ass" Christopher Hitchens
Laurie Daley
PostPosted: September 22, 2013, 8:00 pm
I'm pretty sure that TR owns a piece of that operation
RIP Greenbits: 2007-2014
Gary Belcher
Favourite Player:
Jarrod Croker
PostPosted: September 22, 2013, 8:54 pm
I'm pretty sure Manbush couldn't get it up anyway
Well, at least Jack got paid.
Mal Meninga

Favourite Player:
Luke Turner
PostPosted: September 22, 2013, 9:25 pm
:lol:

Only happened once in my life thankfully, pressure is a mans worst enemy and that situation the pressure was more than any man should have to deal with
"My own opinion is enough for me and I claim the right to have it defended against any consensus, any majority, anywhere, any place, any time, and anyone who disagrees with this can pick a number, get in line and kiss my ass" Christopher Hitchens
Laurie Daley

Favourite Player:
Leipana
PostPosted: September 26, 2013, 1:00 pm
I'm going away for a few months in December, bye everyone. Probably Greece

Jason Croker
Favourite Player:
The Rattlesnake Blake Austin
PostPosted: September 26, 2013, 1:06 pm
10 weeks until my South Africa trip :)
Don Furner
PostPosted: September 28, 2013, 11:31 am
I'm in Sri Lanka at the moment. Very interesting trip.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.

Mal Meninga
PostPosted: September 28, 2013, 11:43 am
T_R wrote:I'm in Sri Lanka at the moment. Very interesting trip.

I'm flying out to Colombo November 1!
Laurie Daley
PostPosted: September 28, 2013, 11:45 am

Albi letting loose in Sri Lanka
Don Furner
PostPosted: September 28, 2013, 10:15 pm
Michael wrote:

I'm flying out to Colombo November 1!

I'll have a full report for you :)

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
David Furner
Favourite Player:
Laurie Daley
PostPosted: September 29, 2013, 10:19 am
Greenbits wrote:

Albi letting loose in Sri Lanka

I'm currently vicariously enjoying the trip via the magic of Facebook.
Canberra Raiders Bronze Member

Banner courtesy of the very talented, fistinz.
Don Furner
PostPosted: September 29, 2013, 11:51 am
These avatars are deeply confusing me

David Furner
Favourite Player:
Laurie Daley
PostPosted: September 29, 2013, 12:36 pm
T_R wrote:These avatars are deeply confusing me

My post count has gone through the roof and I have no idea why
Canberra Raiders Bronze Member

Banner courtesy of the very talented, fistinz.
Laurie Daley
PostPosted: September 29, 2013, 5:08 pm
What the?! Wait, you two £¢¥€* stole my avatar!
Mal Meninga

Favourite Player:
Bay56
PostPosted: September 29, 2013, 10:25 pm
Greenbits wrote:And then you shagged her right?

:lol:

Sorry just caught up with this thread.
Laurie Daley
PostPosted: September 30, 2013, 7:02 am
At least somebody laughed at it

Jason Croker
Favourite Player:
PostPosted: October 9, 2013, 11:02 am
Anyone got any travel insurance company recommendations?

I was gonna go with Allianz, but on their FB page it's just full of unresolved claims from people. Then I was gonna go with Worldcare, but they say they're a part of Allianz anyway?
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player:
Blake Austin
PostPosted: October 9, 2013, 11:13 am
PrimetimeRaider wrote:Anyone got any travel insurance company recommendations?

I was gonna go with Allianz, but on their FB page it's just full of unresolved claims from people. Then I was gonna go with Worldcare, but they say they're a part of Allianz anyway?

I went with AAMI when I went earlier this year. It costs slightly more than other places you can find on the internet but I was confident I wasn't going to have any hassles. They have a 24 hour contact and all that jazz. My fiance's bag didn't arrive at Heathrow when we got there and they were great, we got reimbursed for everything.
"Look sorry if that came across wrong, I was just referring to the jokes we were making about all the desperate guys who chase you. Hope to catch up some time, but if not best of luck with everything."
Laurie Daley
PostPosted: October 9, 2013, 11:15 am
Are you a member of Medibank? They have travel insurance. If I recall correctly members get a discount. Could be the same with other insurers.
2013 'Nella Awards - MVP
2013 'Nella Awards - Spite Day Winner
2013 'Nella Awards - Worst System (The Club)

Jason Croker
Favourite Player:
PostPosted: October 9, 2013, 11:28 am
Is Medicare the same as Medibank?
Gary Belcher
Favourite Player:
Jarrod Croker
PostPosted: October 9, 2013, 11:31 am

I went through Cover-More when I went overseas. I had to reschedule my flights on the day, and get a couple more days accommodation before the flights and we were able to claim everything back easily
Well, at least Jack got paid.
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player:
Joey Leilua
PostPosted: October 9, 2013, 11:34 am
PrimetimeRaider wrote:Is Medicare the same as Medibank?

medicare is the public health care system, medibank is the government owned private health company

Jason Croker
Favourite Player:
PostPosted: October 9, 2013, 11:41 am
Sweet thanks.

Now I've got too many options :lol:
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player:
Jared Waerea-Hargreaves
PostPosted: October 9, 2013, 12:31 pm
Off to Fiji next week for a week and a half.

Was supposed to be a relaxing, romantic getaway with a bit of scuba thrown in (heading to the coral coast).. Now it's a relaxing getaway for me and a holiday with morning sickness for the lady where she will no doubt spend most the time chilling by the pool and beach not travelling far from the aircon/bathroom/bed and I will be snorkling, scuba diving, canoeing and going solo trekking through the fijiian wilderness.
Avatar Bet - bleedgreen99 - Raiders to make (BG99)/miss(Lucy) the 8. Avatar from last round of regular season 2015 until GF 2016.
Signature Bet - Raider85 - Raiders to get(Lucy)/miss(R85) the wooden spoon. Signature for entire offseason.
Bottle of something to the value of $70 - Matthew Borewood to not see (Lucy)/to see (Piggles) a first grade game in 2015 for the Warriors.
The Name Change Bet - Regarding the three bets above;
I win all three I keep my name.
I win one I become "the Punish"
I lose all I become "Chicken Little"
Gary Belcher

Favourite Player:
Billyt
PostPosted: October 9, 2013, 12:37 pm

I went to Paris, Italy and then London over a month and bought insurance through NRMA.

I didn't have to make one claim, so I put that down to my insurance working spectacularly.
"A hex on your house, and more importantly your health"
"I truly hope the spirit of my mate gives you hell, you deserve it"
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player:
Croker, Vaughan and Fensom
PostPosted: October 9, 2013, 12:50 pm
Worm wrote:Off to Fiji next week for a week and a half.

Was supposed to be a relaxing, romantic getaway with a bit of scuba thrown in (heading to the coral coast).. Now it's a relaxing getaway for me and a holiday with morning sickness for the lady where she will no doubt spend most the time chilling by the pool and beach not travelling far from the aircon/bathroom/bed and I will be snorkling, scuba diving, canoeing and going solo trekking through the fijiian wilderness.

Hope you get eaten by a bear.
2012 Golden Boogs Newbie of the Year
2013 'Nella Awards Best Punter
2013 Boogs Thread of the Year ~ The Betting Thread
2014 Boogs Matthew Elliott Award Winner
2014 Boogs some award with Hanbush

Jason Croker
Favourite Player:
PostPosted: October 9, 2013, 12:50 pm
Raider Bell wrote:

I went to Paris, Italy and then London over a month and bought insurance through NRMA.

I didn't have to make one claim, so I put that down to my insurance working spectacularly.

I'm going to South Africa, and going to a soccer game in Soweto, and I'm white, so I expect to be assaulted.
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player:
Croker, Vaughan and Fensom
PostPosted: October 9, 2013, 3:25 pm
PrimetimeRaider wrote:
Raider Bell wrote:

I'm going to South Africa, and going to a soccer game in Soweto, and I'm white, so I expect to be assaulted.

You'll probably get eaten by a bear too.
2012 Golden Boogs Newbie of the Year
2013 'Nella Awards Best Punter
2013 Boogs Thread of the Year ~ The Betting Thread
2014 Boogs Matthew Elliott Award Winner
2014 Boogs some award with Hanbush
David Furner
PostPosted: August 23, 2014, 12:51 pm
banner reluctantly created by fistinz

Member - #8231
David Furner
PostPosted: August 23, 2014, 1:08 pm
I am embarking on a Eurotrip with 4 of my mates tomorrow (I'm the fifth wheel)

Will be doing La Tomatina in Valencia, a week of Island hopping with Sail Croatia. Might take a tour of Kings Landing (Dubrovnik). Spend some time in Paris, before taking the rail to London. From there heading to Amsterdam, then Prague, then finishing Europe with Oktoberfest. Lastly we'll be dropping in to Universal Studios in Singapore on the way back. Should all be pretty epic!

I've found Tripit a pretty handy app to use. You punch in the info of all your flights, accommodation, travel and it creates an itinerary with times and reference numbers and such

Haven't completed this.
banner reluctantly created by fistinz

Member - #8231
Don Furner
PostPosted: August 23, 2014, 1:18 pm
I'm at the airport now - Stockholm then Cologne, London, Bangkok and home

God I hate business travel

Laurie Daley

Favourite Player:
Josh Hodgson
PostPosted: August 23, 2014, 1:30 pm
T_R wrote:I'm at the airport now - Stockholm then Cologne, London, Bangkok and home

God I hate business travel

No direct flights from Germany to Thailand?
Don Furner
PostPosted: August 23, 2014, 1:36 pm
Meeting in london

Ricky Stuart
PostPosted: August 23, 2014, 5:48 pm
I'm in Thailand, some of humanities best features and some of its worst.

Oh and Japanese tourists, god they are rude.
Don Furner
PostPosted: August 23, 2014, 11:29 pm
I'm also in Thsiland, though only for four hours

PreviousNext

Return to The Lime Lounge