The Politics Thread 2017

Discuss all the events of the day

Moderator: GH Moderators

Laurie Daley
Favourite Player:
Brett Mullins
PostPosted: February 6, 2017, 5:43 pm
I read over 4500 reported cases of abuse. That goes beyond a few bad apples.
Steve Walters

Favourite Player:
Blake Austin
PostPosted: February 6, 2017, 7:34 pm
Gods will though right?

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Mal Meninga

Favourite Player:
Luke Turner
PostPosted: February 6, 2017, 9:58 pm
The Vatican even refused to hand over their documents because they felt it was "neither possible nor appropriate", nice to see the very top is still doing their best to protect the abusers.

And these same people complain marriage equality will harm children :doubt:
"My own opinion is enough for me and I claim the right to have it defended against any consensus, any majority, anywhere, any place, any time, and anyone who disagrees with this can pick a number, get in line and kiss my ass" Christopher Hitchens
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player:
Brett Mullins
PostPosted: February 7, 2017, 9:15 am
In other hypocritical religious ****wit news. Our old friend Bernardi can no longer stomach Turnbull's Liberals and looks set to take Gina's money and leave.
Ruben Wiki
PostPosted: February 7, 2017, 2:07 pm
Green eyed Mick wrote:In other hypocritical religious ****wit news. Our old friend Bernardi can no longer stomach Turnbull's Liberals and looks set to take Gina's money and leave.

Internally the liberal party are laughing.
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player:
Brett Mullins
PostPosted: February 7, 2017, 7:10 pm
papabear wrote:
Green eyed Mick wrote:In other hypocritical religious ****wit news. Our old friend Bernardi can no longer stomach Turnbull's Liberals and looks set to take Gina's money and leave.

Internally the liberal party are laughing.

Bernardi might be a bit of a joke within the Liberal party but I don't think they would be laughing about his defection. They just funded his senate campaign and he was elected to a 6 year term.
Mal Meninga

Favourite Player:
Luke Turner
PostPosted: February 10, 2017, 10:23 am
Trump loses court battle to reinstate immigration ban, next challenge will be the Supreme Court, good to see checks and balances.

https://news.vice.com/story/trump-loses ... ration-ban
"My own opinion is enough for me and I claim the right to have it defended against any consensus, any majority, anywhere, any place, any time, and anyone who disagrees with this can pick a number, get in line and kiss my ass" Christopher Hitchens
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player:
Shaun Fensom
PostPosted: February 10, 2017, 1:31 pm
Manbush wrote:Trump loses court battle to reinstate immigration ban, next challenge will be the Supreme Court, good to see checks and balances.

https://news.vice.com/story/trump-loses ... ration-ban

I mean what's a man like him supposed to do? Lay back and wait for some EASY D?
1985/86: The last time we missed consecutive finals series.....Until STICKY
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player:
Brett Mullins
PostPosted: February 13, 2017, 3:30 am
http://www.canberratimes.com.au/federal ... uaxf0.html

Jeez they're a bunch of ****
Mal Meninga

Favourite Player:
Luke Turner
PostPosted: February 13, 2017, 9:23 am
Go Jim :lol:

John Ferguson
PostPosted: February 21, 2017, 5:00 pm
So I kinda have George Michael's Freedom 90 stuck in my head. I got to thinking, a couple of the lines in there make for a bit of a theme song to the Trump administration:

I just hope you understand
Sometimes the clothes do not make the man

All we have to do now
Is take these lies and make them true somehow
All we have to see
Is that I don't belong to you
:!: Warning: poster is incapable of humour, engage with at your own risk. Symptoms of engagement may include frustration, mental imbalance and temporary insanity.
Mal Meninga

Favourite Player:
Luke Turner
PostPosted: February 21, 2017, 6:15 pm
Wow something from One Nation I actually support

Australia should withdraw its diplomatic recognition of the Vatican over its refusal to comply with the royal commission into child sex abuse, a One Nation senator believes.

http://www.news.com.au/national/breakin ... ec01d5f648

The Greens and One Nation may actually agree with something

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/44786 ... it/?cs=305
Steve Walters

Favourite Player:
Blake Austin
PostPosted: February 22, 2017, 9:12 am
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/subscr ... =anonymous

Steve Walters

Favourite Player:
Blake Austin
PostPosted: February 22, 2017, 9:12 am
Or google "trump was right about sweden"

Mal Meninga

Favourite Player:
Luke Turner
PostPosted: February 22, 2017, 9:28 am
Um that would be classified as alternative facts wouldn't it? Trump commented specifically about the previous night giving the impression something big had happened, he didn't comment on Sweden in general. So no Trump was not right the right are just reinterpreting his words, the same kind of reinterpreting was tried to cover for the Bowling Green massacre.
Steve Walters

Favourite Player:
Blake Austin
PostPosted: February 22, 2017, 9:35 am
He commented on the report from the previous night.

Mal Meninga

Favourite Player:
Luke Turner
PostPosted: February 22, 2017, 9:49 am
That's not what he actually said though so more looks like Trump covering his own ass after getting caught lying again like he constantly is, how many terrorist attacks has his party made up to justify claiming the media doesn't cover them while they themselves ignore the attacks from white supremacist terrorists.

Now even if that is what Trump meant but was too stupid to actually say using Sweden to justify his actions is a terrible false equivalency. Sweden opened the gates and let in huge amounts without vetting, America already has very tight vetting for those countries which generally only 50% get accepted after 2 years of investigating the candidates.
Steve Walters

Favourite Player:
Blake Austin
PostPosted: February 22, 2017, 10:15 am
I know you dont like the guy, understandably so, but youre playing the man too much on this instead of the issue. Youre becoming what you hate and just getting swept along in the wave of hate. The issue is real, and hes talking about the effects of unvetted migration of asylum seekers which people are crying out for

Mal Meninga

Favourite Player:
Luke Turner
PostPosted: February 22, 2017, 10:27 am
The man justifies every attack if you actually pay attention to him rather than paying attention to his fear mongering propaganda.

I know the issue is very real but Trump is not helping it he is making it worse, he is an Isis wet dream. Who is crying out for unvetted migration of asylum seekers? He's just spreading fear amongst his ignorant followers using any tool available including constant lies. If he was genuine he'd be targeting the countries which encourage the radical form of Islam like Saudi, countries that have been responsible for attacks on American soil not countries that haven't had a citizen commit a terrorist attack in America for over 40years.
Mal Meninga

Favourite Player:
Nick Cotric
PostPosted: February 22, 2017, 5:19 pm
Milo Yiannopoulos's carefully constructed house of racist, sexist cards is finally, MERCIFULLY crumbling down around him after some sub optimal comments about paedophillia

I don't doubt for one second he'll be back, and probably bigger than ever but it'll be nice to have the scumbag lay low for at least a few months
The List - K.Love, Keno, Zippy's tennis angels, LA Lakers, Noah, Boozer, Lucy's horse tips, Colts, Lucy, Kevin Proctor, Dr Zaius, TR....
Mal Meninga

Favourite Player:
Nick Cotric
PostPosted: February 22, 2017, 5:26 pm
It's also good to know where Breitbart draw the line. And it's at child abuse, anything south of that boarder is A-OK though!
The List - K.Love, Keno, Zippy's tennis angels, LA Lakers, Noah, Boozer, Lucy's horse tips, Colts, Lucy, Kevin Proctor, Dr Zaius, TR....
Mal Meninga

Favourite Player:
Luke Turner
PostPosted: February 22, 2017, 6:32 pm
Yeah, I do think his comments have been twisted to suit an agenda but I cannot have sympathy for a troll getting trolled, someone who makes **** up to offend groups then having the same **** done to him, live by the sword die by the sword, karma is a bitch.

I don't think he'll disappear but he'll lose the mainstream audience and speaking tours, he'll become a YouTuber.
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player:
Brett Mullins
PostPosted: March 1, 2017, 4:12 pm
Bob Katter has called on Australia to follow Trump and implement a Muslim ban in light of the publicity stunt the AFP pulled yesterday.
Mal Meninga

Favourite Player:
Luke Turner
PostPosted: March 1, 2017, 10:05 pm
Ah the idiot good to see he got howled down, one point from him I do have to agree on the Islamic council, some of the comments from them over the years have been abhorrent, they are not a good representation for Australian Muslims
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player:
Brett Mullins
PostPosted: March 2, 2017, 7:14 am
Katter is under a lot of pressure from one nation and I suspect this kind of deliberately provocative, divorced from reality racist Bull will come thick and fast this year as QLD gears up for an election.
Mal Meninga

Favourite Player:
Nick Cotric
PostPosted: March 2, 2017, 1:37 pm
Green eyed Mick wrote:Katter is under a lot of pressure from one nation and I suspect this kind of deliberately provocative, divorced from reality racist Bull will come thick and fast this year as QLD gears up for an election.

So just business as usual up north, then?
Mal Meninga

Favourite Player:
Luke Turner
PostPosted: March 13, 2017, 10:06 pm
The Feed has gotten into the Coopers fiasco :lol:

Alan Tongue

Favourite Player:
Brad Clyde
PostPosted: March 17, 2017, 12:43 pm
And just before a By-Election, Gladys announces a North Shore Motorway through to the city.... Toll Road naturally... and no rail... but its cars stuck in traffic in the northern beaches, not trains...
I found a moon rock in my nose....
Mal Meninga

Favourite Player:
Luke Turner
PostPosted: April 1, 2017, 8:09 am
Ah the hypocrisy is mind boggling, seems only tax exempt businesses with a vast history of abusing children and covering it up are allowed to speak on social issues.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/na ... 46293fd598
Mal Meninga

Favourite Player:
Luke Turner
PostPosted: April 13, 2017, 5:41 pm
Happy "National get a VPN day"

https://www.cnet.com/au/news/happy-nati ... ally-here/
Mal Meninga
PostPosted: April 13, 2017, 6:26 pm
Doesn't bother me unless you're up to something

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Mal Meninga

Favourite Player:
Luke Turner
PostPosted: April 24, 2017, 1:13 pm
Saudi Arabia has been voted onto the UNs women's human rights commission :shock:
Ruben Wiki

Favourite Player:
George Clooney
PostPosted: May 9, 2017, 8:56 pm
Liberals applying a $6.2b tax on banks .. I ask you who are these things they call banks .. it's you, me and everyone else in this country .. it's a tax on your retirement savings .. they may as well have taxed superannuation funds.

Wow have Libs stunk this one up.
I don't post facts
Ruben Wiki

Favourite Player:
George Clooney
PostPosted: May 11, 2017, 3:51 pm
So Morrison and Turnball think the banks should not pass on the tax bill to its customers and shareholders (including all those with superannuation accounts).

So if they decided to add an additional tax on groceries would they expect Woollies not to pass that on to their customers ?
I don't post facts
Clinton Schifcofske
PostPosted: May 11, 2017, 4:06 pm
Raidersfan wrote:So Morrison and Turnball think the banks should not pass on the tax bill to its customers and shareholders (including all those with superannuation accounts).

So if they decided to add an additional tax on groceries would they expect Woollies not to pass that on to their customers ?

Yes
PreviousNext

Return to Current Affairs