Correct.
Don Furner
Favourite Player:
Mal Meninga
PostPosted: October 27, 2017, 6:20 pm
TR..... your thoughts on nuclear power?

Jason Croker
PostPosted: October 27, 2017, 7:40 pm
Well thankfully they've stopped the boats.
Raiders Member #4173
Bay 72, Row T, Seat 8
Mal Meninga

Favourite Player:
Nick Cotric
PostPosted: October 27, 2017, 7:47 pm
They haven’t stopped TR’s **** luxury yacht
The List - K.Love, Keno, Zippy's tennis angels, LA Lakers, Noah, Boozer, Lucy's horse tips, Colts, Lucy, Kevin Proctor, Dr Zaius, TR....

Jason Croker
PostPosted: October 27, 2017, 7:49 pm
I can picture T_R polishing Dutton's shoes with $100 notes.
Raiders Member #4173
Bay 72, Row T, Seat 8
Mal Meninga
PostPosted: October 27, 2017, 9:03 pm
The Nickman wrote:So they've done that obviously otherwise how can they stand in a by election?
Other than Roberts, I think they all renounced straight away once they got found out

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
John Ferguson
PostPosted: October 31, 2017, 7:21 pm
Just when you thought the citizenship saga was over, up pops another.
:!: Warning: poster is incapable of humour, engage with at your own risk. Symptoms of engagement may include frustration, mental imbalance and temporary insanity.
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player:
Brett Mullins
PostPosted: November 11, 2017, 2:20 pm
What's with all these rich white men getting outed as alleged sex offenders.

This week Ed Westwick's been accused of multiples rapes, Louis CK, Steven Seagal and Kevin Spacey as well.
Don Furner
PostPosted: November 11, 2017, 4:06 pm
Green eyed Mick wrote:What's with all these rich white men getting outed as alleged sex offenders.

This week Ed Westwick's been accused of multiples rapes, Louis CK, Steven Seagal and Kevin Spacey as well.

Your inference being that you'd expect that kind of behaviour from poor, black men?

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player:
Brett Mullins
PostPosted: November 11, 2017, 6:04 pm
T_R wrote:
Green eyed Mick wrote:What's with all these rich white men getting outed as alleged sex offenders.

Your inference being that you'd expect that kind of behaviour from poor, black men?

My inference being it's 2017 and this kind of **** is still going on in.
Mal Meninga

Favourite Player:
Nick Cotric
PostPosted: November 11, 2017, 6:13 pm
This really shouldn’t come as any great shock. Hollywood is virtually the casting couch category and the scene is filled with weird power hungry dudes who have strange behaviours

Which isn’t an excuse. It’s absolute putrid what is going on there but i can’t say the idea that Hollywood is full of sexual predators preying on young, attractive girls isn’t a shock to me
The List - K.Love, Keno, Zippy's tennis angels, LA Lakers, Noah, Boozer, Lucy's horse tips, Colts, Lucy, Kevin Proctor, Dr Zaius, TR....
Gary Belcher
PostPosted: November 11, 2017, 7:35 pm
4 days until the survey results announced. Anyone care to wager what we get?

I’m going to go 61% yes.
Mal Meninga
PostPosted: November 11, 2017, 7:52 pm
gangrenous wrote:4 days until the survey results announced. Anyone care to wager what we get?

I’m going to go 61% yes.
60-30-10

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player:
Brett Mullins
PostPosted: November 11, 2017, 8:40 pm
I think it will be 57% to the 'Yes' 38% to the No and 5% pictures of **** and bible quotes.
Mal Meninga

Favourite Player:
Luke Turner
PostPosted: November 11, 2017, 10:43 pm

I'm not sure why it's surprising the casting couch has been infamous for decades. I don't think I'd include Louis CK everything I've heard it was masterbating in front of women with their consent, not great behavior but consensual.
"My own opinion is enough for me and I claim the right to have it defended against any consensus, any majority, anywhere, any place, any time, and anyone who disagrees with this can pick a number, get in line and kiss my ass" Christopher Hitchens
Mal Meninga

Favourite Player:
Luke Turner
PostPosted: November 11, 2017, 10:45 pm
gangrenous wrote:4 days until the survey results announced. Anyone care to wager what we get?

I’m going to go 61% yes.

No matter what percentage yes there'll still be months more debate with the far right pushing discriminatory conditions to be included.
"My own opinion is enough for me and I claim the right to have it defended against any consensus, any majority, anywhere, any place, any time, and anyone who disagrees with this can pick a number, get in line and kiss my ass" Christopher Hitchens
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player:
Luke Turner
PostPosted: November 12, 2017, 11:17 am
Pigman wrote:This really shouldn’t come as any great shock. Hollywood is virtually the casting couch category and the scene is filled with weird power hungry dudes who have strange behaviours

Which isn’t an excuse. It’s absolute putrid what is going on there but i can’t say the idea that Hollywood is full of sexual predators preying on young, attractive girls isn’t a shock to me

Hollywood has been a cesspit of this activity since the film industry began. Much harder to keep this sort of thing under the carpet these day. The natural progression will see an increase in revelations followed by a tidal wave of false accusations from people seeking notoriety and/or financial gain.
Head to Head
Luke Turner - 1
Blake Ferguson - 0
Mal Meninga

Favourite Player:
Nick Cotric
PostPosted: November 12, 2017, 11:51 am

I’m going to go 61% yes.

67% yes
Laurie Daley

Favourite Player:
Rapana
PostPosted: November 12, 2017, 12:15 pm
I’m pretty sure the US president called Kim Jong Un ‘short and fat’ on Twitter just now

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
'I've got 17 blokes in that dressing room that are hurting'
Mal Meninga

Favourite Player:
Nick Cotric
PostPosted: November 12, 2017, 12:21 pm
Toviii wrote:I’m pretty sure the US president called Kim Jong Un ‘short and fat’ on Twitter just now

Haha it’s quite a time to be alive
Mal Meninga

Favourite Player:
Luke Turner
PostPosted: November 13, 2017, 11:07 am
Just read Malcom Roberts replacement has been sworn in and immediately quit One Nation to be an independent. :lol:
Don Furner
PostPosted: November 13, 2017, 2:18 pm
Manbush wrote:Just read Malcom Roberts replacement has been sworn in and immediately quit One Nation to be an independent.

Poor Pauline

Sent from my SM-G955F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Laurie Daley

Favourite Player:
Rapana
PostPosted: November 13, 2017, 2:55 pm
Manbush wrote:Just read Malcom Roberts replacement has been sworn in and immediately quit One Nation to be an independent. :lol:

He’s now saying Pauline kicked him out. What a day!
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player:
Brett Mullins
PostPosted: November 13, 2017, 5:36 pm
Going to be very interesting to see which of the two marriage equality bills comes to a vote. Dean Smith's has tri-partisan support and Turnbull has suggested on multiple occasions this will most likely be the bill. Or the Patterson sponsored IPA bill.

Turnbull thinks Smith's bill is a good place to start but he's going to be under pressure from the hard right and we all know how successful he has been at standing up to the hard right wing of his party.
Mal Meninga

Favourite Player:
Luke Turner
PostPosted: November 13, 2017, 8:24 pm
Smiths bill isn't perfect but at least it isn't a complete joke like Pattersons.
Don Furner
PostPosted: November 14, 2017, 1:58 pm
If Kim Jong Un has the slightest sense of humour, we will declare all Australian politicians to be North Korean citizens.

Don Furner
Favourite Player:
Mal Meninga
PostPosted: November 14, 2017, 5:52 pm
Pigman wrote:This really shouldn’t come as any great shock. Hollywood is virtually the casting couch category and the scene is filled with weird power hungry dudes who have strange behaviours

Corey Feldman has stirred up the paedophile ring, Kevin Spacey and George Tanak or whatever his name is the predatory homosexuals, this pool of filth just never seems to end.

Almost every immoral, perverted, carnal sexual misconduct is coming to light.

About time. Oust them all.
Mal Meninga

Favourite Player:
Luke Turner
PostPosted: November 14, 2017, 7:48 pm
Any reason you just singled out the homosexual ones that have been named, are they somehow worse than the hetro ones that have been busted?
Don Furner
Favourite Player:
Mal Meninga
PostPosted: November 15, 2017, 6:38 am
No, they're all scum. I'm just elaborating to Pigmans initial post.

I can't stand sexual offenders of any orientation.
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player:
Luke Turner
PostPosted: November 15, 2017, 9:02 am
ABS about to announce the results of the plebiscite. Here's a live screen cap

Head to Head
Luke Turner - 1
Blake Ferguson - 0
Mal Meninga

Favourite Player:
Luke Turner
PostPosted: November 15, 2017, 9:06 am
Yes wins with 61.6%
Last edited by Manbush on November 15, 2017, 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mal Meninga

Favourite Player:
Nick Cotric
PostPosted: November 15, 2017, 9:07 am
Was hoping it to be closer to 70% but it’s still a comfortable majority

Every state and territory had a majority win for the yes. Hopefully we have a bill passed by COB
John Ferguson
Favourite Player:
Laurie Daley
PostPosted: November 15, 2017, 9:18 am

I’m going to go 61% yes.

Nice work!

Gary Belcher
PostPosted: November 15, 2017, 9:25 am
RTW wrote:

I’m going to go 61% yes.

Nice work!

Did I mention I work at the ABS?*

* gangrenous and all known affiliates do not in fact work at the ABS.
Laurie Daley

Favourite Player:
Rapana
PostPosted: November 15, 2017, 10:03 am
Pigman wrote:Was hoping it to be closer to 70% but it’s still a comfortable majority

Every state and territory had a majority win for the yes. Hopefully we have a bill passed by COB

That's good to know. No reason not to get it done!!
PreviousNext

Return to Current Affairs