The Politics Thread 2015

Discuss all the events of the day

Moderator: GH Moderators

Mal Meninga

Favourite Player:
Luke Turner
PostPosted: September 9, 2015, 6:08 pm
Id trust the accuracy, I remember talking to a guy who worked next door to me a few years ago who was trying to get into it and the figures he told me were very similar (a little lower though) and that was for Brisbane.
"My own opinion is enough for me and I claim the right to have it defended against any consensus, any majority, anywhere, any place, any time, and anyone who disagrees with this can pick a number, get in line and kiss my ass" Christopher Hitchens
Laurie Daley

Favourite Player:
Josh Hodgson
PostPosted: September 9, 2015, 8:14 pm
This is just a perfect response.

Mal Meninga

Favourite Player:
Luke Turner
PostPosted: September 9, 2015, 8:58 pm
Not really, all religions including Christianity have been divisive throughout history, could pull out a few passages from the bible about looking after their own people at the expense of others. You could say he is being very Christian in his actions depending on what parts of the bible you pay attention to.

As for what George said have been a few reports of ISIS members stating that they have already sent members through masquerading as refugees and plan to send many more, whether accurate sources or not is another matter.

On George though I'm surprised he hasn't blocked me on FB, called him out a few times on some of his ****, marriage equality, following Indos drug laws and him wanting to ban flag burning because him and others find it offensive (my stance was neutral on flag burning just an attack on banning something just because someone finds it offensive).
"My own opinion is enough for me and I claim the right to have it defended against any consensus, any majority, anywhere, any place, any time, and anyone who disagrees with this can pick a number, get in line and kiss my ass" Christopher Hitchens
Ruben Wiki
PostPosted: September 10, 2015, 9:22 am
going back to the trains

going on strike because a four hour day for 120k base (say 150k with allowances) pa aint enough for the train driver.

If labor dont change it will die with the unions.
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player:
Croker, Vaughan and Fensom
PostPosted: September 10, 2015, 9:24 am
Manbush wrote:Not really, all religions including Christianity have been divisive throughout history, could pull out a few passages from the bible about looking after their own people at the expense of others. You could say he is being very Christian in his actions depending on what parts of the bible you pay attention to.

As for what George said have been a few reports of ISIS members stating that they have already sent members through masquerading as refugees and plan to send many more, whether accurate sources or not is another matter.

On George though I'm surprised he hasn't blocked me on FB, called him out a few times on some of his ****, marriage equality, following Indos drug laws and him wanting to ban flag burning because him and others find it offensive (my stance was neutral on flag burning just an attack on banning something just because someone finds it offensive).

2012 Golden Boogs Newbie of the Year
2013 'Nella Awards Best Punter
2013 Boogs Thread of the Year ~ The Betting Thread
2014 Boogs Matthew Elliott Award Winner
2014 Boogs some award with Hanbush
Laurie Daley

Favourite Player:
Josh Hodgson
PostPosted: September 10, 2015, 12:06 pm
Perfect graph Nickman.

I'm just stunned it wasn't spinned into a story about how the tweet is sexist.
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player:
PostPosted: September 10, 2015, 12:13 pm
Schifty wrote:Perfect graph Nickman.

I'm just stunned it wasn't spinned into a story about how the tweet is sexist.

I was going to say that it's mind-blowing how much Manbush missed your point with his post then.

But then I realised.... it's Manbush!! SOP
Mal Meninga

Favourite Player:
Luke Turner
PostPosted: September 10, 2015, 3:27 pm
So what was the point of his response? For mine it was George isn't being very Christian (posing as a Christian) when in fact he is. Even if he meant Muslim extremists could pose as Christian he's indicating George is posing as well.
Laurie Daley

Favourite Player:
Josh Hodgson
PostPosted: September 10, 2015, 4:11 pm
You are aware that you don't have to post every thought that comes into your head right?

You've essentially come up with the Christian version of "All Muslims are terrorist".

At the very least try not send everything you read and see to the analysis lab.

Or just create a CSI: Manbush spinoff where cartoons of Snoopy actually have hidden illuminati messages and try repress voices that speak out chemtrails.
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player:
PostPosted: September 10, 2015, 4:33 pm
Manbush wrote:So what was the point of his response? For mine it was George isn't being very Christian (posing as a Christian) when in fact he is. Even if he meant Muslim extremists could pose as Christian he's indicating George is posing as well.

I thought his point was (and please correct me if I'm being too "far out" here) that how can you tell if someone's a Christian just by looking at him.
Mal Meninga

Favourite Player:
Luke Turner
PostPosted: September 10, 2015, 5:46 pm
Schifty wrote:You are aware that you don't have to post every thought that comes into your head right?

You've essentially come up with the Christian version of "All Muslims are terrorist".

At the very least try not send everything you read and see to the analysis lab.

Or just create a CSI: Manbush spinoff where cartoons of Snoopy actually have hidden illuminati messages and try repress voices that speak out chemtrails.

I wouldn't say the Christian version of "all Muslims are terrorists" as I'll readily admit there are both good and bad in all beliefs just depends how you interpret the relevant texts. Just dislike when people say that's not very Christian behavior just because it's bad, it's ignoring all the bad Christian behavior in the bible and history. Guess would've been more Christian like if he said we should kill all the men, non virgins and infants and keep all the virgins for ourselves like God ordered Moses to do.

If you're going to claim a response is perfect when it's just as ignorant as the tweet he's replying to there's no harm in calling that out, you don't fight ignorance with ignorance.

The Nickman wrote:
Manbush wrote:So what was the point of his response? For mine it was George isn't being very Christian (posing as a Christian) when in fact he is. Even if he meant Muslim extremists could pose as Christian he's indicating George is posing as well.

I thought his point was (and please correct me if I'm being too "far out" here) that how can you tell if someone's a Christian just by looking at him.

Yes but by telling George to look in the mirror he's indicating George is posing as a Christian when his behavior could very well be Christian like going by the bible, the flaw in his tweet was telling George to look in the mirror.
Laurie Daley

Favourite Player:
Blake Austin
PostPosted: September 10, 2015, 8:05 pm
Manbush'd
The List - K.Love, Keno, Zippy's tennis angels, LA Lakers, Noah, Boozer, Lucy's horse tips, Colts, Lucy, Kevin Proctor, Dr Zaius, TR....
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player:
PostPosted: September 11, 2015, 8:49 am
Laurie Daley

Favourite Player:
Blake Austin
PostPosted: September 11, 2015, 4:02 pm
The List - K.Love, Keno, Zippy's tennis angels, LA Lakers, Noah, Boozer, Lucy's horse tips, Colts, Lucy, Kevin Proctor, Dr Zaius, TR....
Laurie Daley

Favourite Player:
Rapana
PostPosted: September 11, 2015, 4:51 pm
#FreeJack
#LetJackPlay
#JackOff
Laurie Daley

Favourite Player:
Josh Hodgson
PostPosted: September 13, 2015, 8:25 pm
:lol:

btw surely this can't be true.. bad sadly fits the timeline of Rupert pushing his calls for an election on twitter..

Laurie Daley

Favourite Player:
Josh Hodgson
PostPosted: September 14, 2015, 4:10 pm
#Libspill is officially on :lol:

Ohh the ironing is delicious.

P.s. Asked Malcolm if he wanted to go for drinks at mooseheads..

Do not expect a reply.
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player:
Joey Leilua
PostPosted: September 14, 2015, 4:11 pm
Turnbull will roll him
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player:
Brett Mullins
PostPosted: September 14, 2015, 4:12 pm
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-09-14/t ... ot/6774506

:lol:
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player:
Joey Leilua
PostPosted: September 14, 2015, 4:26 pm
It's being spoken about as a lay down misere.. Abbotts a dead man walking
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player:
Brett Mullins
PostPosted: September 14, 2015, 4:26 pm
Election in November if Turnbull gets up.
Don Furner
PostPosted: September 14, 2015, 4:35 pm
Bishop has gone with Turnbull, so I can't see how Abbott can survive.

Are they really talking November poll? I'd have thought Turnbull would want to go full term, and spend as long as he could establishing himself. His party will hate him, but he I think he's going to go down a treat with the chap in the street.

Was that a prediction, GEM, or has someone come out and said it?

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.

Brett Mullins
PostPosted: September 14, 2015, 4:39 pm
Don Furner
PostPosted: September 14, 2015, 4:50 pm
Awwwww...look what's crawled out from under the couch!

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Laurie Daley

Favourite Player:
Josh Hodgson
PostPosted: September 14, 2015, 4:52 pm
I thought he talked in his presser about wanting to have 12 months of tradional cabinet without captain's calls to establish trust again.

Also talked about respecting Australians intelligence and not using 3 word slogans..

He didn't hol back at all on hammering fromer PM Tone.
Don Furner
PostPosted: September 14, 2015, 4:53 pm
It makes no sense at all to go in November. I was just wondering where GEM got it from.

Laurie Daley

Favourite Player:
Josh Hodgson
PostPosted: September 14, 2015, 4:54 pm
I heard it was from Lebanese Daily Telegraph.
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player:
Joey Leilua
PostPosted: September 14, 2015, 4:58 pm
Yeah I think that's a gem prediction..

Brett Mullins
PostPosted: September 14, 2015, 4:59 pm
T_R wrote:Awwwww...look what's crawled out from under the couch!

Didn't seriously think I'd miss this did you? :lol:
Laurie Daley

Favourite Player:
Blake Austin
PostPosted: September 14, 2015, 5:02 pm
Remember that time you said Abbott would never be PM?

Oh how we laughed
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player:
Brett Mullins
PostPosted: September 14, 2015, 5:03 pm
Just a prediction. I don't think he can win if he allows Abbott to stick around on the backbench.
Don Furner
PostPosted: September 14, 2015, 5:05 pm
I think Abbott is going to be long forgotten in no time at all. It's not like Rudd, who had so much support in the electorate.

I can't see them going early. Turnbull is going to be a very, very hard mark for Shorten. I think they'll squeeze every day they can out of the current term to 'do him slowly'.

Brett Mullins
PostPosted: September 14, 2015, 5:07 pm
In a first for the Greenhouse, during the coverage of Phoney Abbott vs Turnbull, we'll be bringing you exclusive LIVE reactions from former PM Gillard!

Last edited by The Vindicated on September 14, 2015, 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Brett Mullins
PostPosted: September 14, 2015, 5:09 pm
Pigman wrote:Remember that time you said Abbott would never be PM?

Oh how we laughed

Remember that time when I said Abbott would be a disaster if he ever became PM? Don't say I didn't warn you!
Don Furner
PostPosted: September 14, 2015, 5:12 pm
Abbott might just walk here.

PreviousNext

Return to Current Affairs