The Television Thread

Discuss music, movies, TV shows and video games

Moderator: GH Moderators

Jason Croker
Favourite Player:
Denan Kemp
PostPosted: July 17, 2017, 12:31 pm
Brewdle wrote:Handmaids was excellent, hard to binge, the flashback sequences did an excellent job of showing how the situation came about.

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I've liked the flashback sequences also. It relieves the over-thinker in me. I always wonder with these sort of shows, at what point does the world start to go mad.

Like the Junkyard people in The Walking Dead, you don't make the decision to dress up as Mad Max rejects, invent your own language and run and hide out in an abandoned Junkyard at the first sight of a zombie
David Grant

Favourite Player:
Love em all
PostPosted: July 17, 2017, 12:47 pm
I'm in, already have my Mad Max outfit ready! First sign of impending apocalypse I'm suitin' up

Jason Croker
Favourite Player:
Denan Kemp
PostPosted: July 17, 2017, 1:34 pm
Brewdle wrote:I'm in, already have my Mad Max outfit ready! First sign of impending apocalypse I'm suitin' up

Me too, I thought it happened last week. I saw a zombie, and decided to slap on some facepaint, hammer some spikes into some GridIron shoulder pads and sharpen my pick axe. I then ran through the main street raiding shops and kidnapped some work colleagues I thought would make handy slaves.

Turns out it was just a really sick backpacker. I had to have a pretty awkward conversation with my boss today
Don Furner
PostPosted: July 17, 2017, 7:47 pm
Finished watching A Handmaid's Tale. Amazing television.

BTW How gutless was the television industry in not recognising 13 reasons why at the Emmy Awards.

A golden age of television, but if something's too controversial... you get shunned. There were amazing performances in that show, but not a single award nomination.
Don Furner
PostPosted: July 17, 2017, 7:57 pm
BTW... SBS On Demand is hopeless.... constantly dropping out at peak times... won't run on my Apple TV when that happens. AND the add in commercials.
Don Furner
Favourite Player:
Mal Meninga, Terry Campese, Blake Austin
PostPosted: July 17, 2017, 8:03 pm
greeneyed wrote:Finished watching A Handmaid's Tale. Amazing television.

BTW How gutless was the television industry in not recognising 13 reasons why at the Emmy Awards.

A golden age of television, but if something's too controversial... you get shunned. There were amazing performances in that show, but not a single award nomination.

The Leftovers equally snubbed.
Previous

Return to Entertainment