The Film Thread

Discuss music, movies, TV shows and video games

Moderator: GH Moderators

Don Furner
PostPosted: April 13, 2017, 1:24 pm
gangrenous wrote:
Don't get too carried away. T_R's got poor form in recognising great art. Particularly if it comes in non-traditional-form-Raiders-centric-Haiku...

Philistine

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Gary Belcher
PostPosted: April 13, 2017, 1:40 pm
Well look I wasn't going to call you that, but I guess it's the right word
Don Furner
PostPosted: April 13, 2017, 8:36 pm
[GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

Sent from my SM-N910G using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Mal Meninga

Favourite Player:
Luke Turner
PostPosted: June 16, 2017, 8:39 am
Finally got around to watching "The Red Pill" doco last night and seeing what all the fuss was about, no wonder the far left tried to stop it showing in Australia, was very interesting.
"My own opinion is enough for me and I claim the right to have it defended against any consensus, any majority, anywhere, any place, any time, and anyone who disagrees with this can pick a number, get in line and kiss my ass" Christopher Hitchens
Don Furner
PostPosted: July 31, 2017, 11:18 pm
Just watched Denial.

Excellent film.

More films like this please. Less films like Thor III.
Jason Croker
Favourite Player:
Past: Brad Clyde
Present: Shaun Fensom
PostPosted: August 8, 2017, 7:12 pm
Love Josh Brolin and reckon he will be perfect for this roll
Brett Mullins

Favourite Player:
Stone Cold Blake Austin
PostPosted: September 23, 2017, 3:39 pm
Worst movie of the year, hands down is mother! The exclamation point in the title is for how terrible it is
Jason Croker
Favourite Player:
Denan Kemp
PostPosted: September 23, 2017, 8:52 pm
Anyone else excited about the possibility of a Flash Point movie? I reckon Jeffrey Dean Morgan as Batman would be epic!

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

David Furner
PostPosted: October 14, 2017, 1:08 pm
Watched Blade Runner 2049 last night. It's been a long, long time since I saw the first one but from memory I thought (with this new one) they did a really good job on maintaining the feel/style of the original. It's nice to see that Hollywood can still manage to come up with something creative and enjoyable amidst all the **** they churn out, especially this current trend of rebooting old films that don't need to be rebooted.
Raiders Member #4173
Bay 72, Row T, Seat 8
Previous

Return to Entertainment