NFL Thread

 
From cricket to motor sports to wrestling and anything in between

Moderator: GH Moderators

User avatar
Don Furner
Posts: 28563
Joined: May 18, 2010, 4:17 pm
Location: Canberra
Favourite Player:
Wighton, Croker, Hodgson, Cotric
PostPosted: November 7, 2017, 8:23 am
Pigman wrote:Haha they got blown the **** out in Denver mate. He didn’t do anything until the broncos let up

The game against the Rams was on his arm and almost won it... but almost doesn’t get you far

The GB game was very impressive. He did his job and then some, his D collapsed and his coach mismanaged the final few minutes

I haven’t seen enough of the chiefs game yet to comment...

As I said, it’ll be really interesting. I’m pretty confident our run D can limit Zeke and force him to make plays. We’ll find out in 2 weeks


58.3% on 3rd down. He made a couple of 3rd and longs early in the game too. He makes good decisions, wants to pass from the pocket, but is happy to roll out or take off when required. I'm damn happy with him at QB. He isn't the kind of guy who will win it with his arm wk in wk out, he just isn't that guy. Therefore, he wont be a top tier QB either, but I think he is the kind of guy who will be the top of the 2nd tier most of his career. I mean he broke the rookie record for passes before his 1st INT. Admittedly by only 2 or 3 passes, but still. He has 8 INTs in 718 attempts with a 66% completion rating in a season and a half. 102.4 career QB rating (97.9 this yr). Helped take his team to the finals in his 1st yr, and we are on track for a wildcard this yr.

As a comparison:
Romo has 117 INTs in 4,335 attempts. 65.3% completions, 248 TDs, with a 97.1 QB rating (high of 134.4, but it was a 1 gamer, so 113.2, and low of 79.4, but that was 4 games. Next worse is 90.5).
Wentz has 19 INTs from 898 attempts. 39 TDs and 61.8% completions and 87.3 QB rating - in a season and a half. Admittedly last yr was tough, and he is an MVP candidate ATM (QB rating of 104.1 this yr).
Brady has 154 INTs from 8,533 attempts. 63.9% completions, 472 TDs and a 97.5 QB rating (high of 117.2, and lows of 42.4 and 83.9, but both were 1 game. 85.9 was his low season).
Mariota (similar of player IMO) has 24 INTs in 635 attempts with 62% completions. 51 TDs and a 92.1 QB rating.
Tyrod Taylor has 16 INTs from 684 attempts and 47 TDs. 93 QB rating.

He is no Brady, and I expect he wont be Romo either. I think he has the Mariota's and Taylor's of the NFL covered. The Q is, how close to Wentz will he stay? Coz they will be battling it out their entire careers.
Quote
User avatar
Mal Meninga
Posts: 20737
Joined: June 18, 2013, 4:31 pm

Favourite Player:
Nick Cotric
PostPosted: November 7, 2017, 8:49 am
I see a lot of Alex Smith (new Alex SMith, the good Alex Smith) in Dak
He's a niffty runner who is willing to, is accurate and is a good decision maker, but he kind of needs everything to be perfect to win. When he's got a line protecting him, he's got a strong run game and can play off heavy play action, he's going to be fantastic. But as you said, week in and week out, hard to see him winning games. Hard to imagine him ever being an MVP, but lesser Qb's have won rings before.

Wentz is more like Farve. He's going to win you games on his arms most weeks. But he takes chances, he'll win you games that a guy like Dak simply can't. But he's also going to occasionally lose you a game that Dak won't due to the risk taking. He's the type of guy that gives you a chance every year because he can elevate the play of those around him.

As you said, they're both going to be around a LONG time and battling out for the NFC E.
Two totally different styles of QB and play completely different.
It'll be fascinating to see how their career's play out
The List - K.Love, Keno, Zippy's tennis angels, LA Lakers, Noah, Boozer, Lucy's horse tips, Colts, Lucy, Kevin Proctor, Dr Zaius, TR....
Quote
User avatar
Don Furner
Posts: 28563
Joined: May 18, 2010, 4:17 pm
Location: Canberra
Favourite Player:
Wighton, Croker, Hodgson, Cotric
PostPosted: November 7, 2017, 9:47 am
Pigman wrote:I see a lot of Alex Smith (new Alex SMith, the good Alex Smith) in Dak
He's a niffty runner who is willing to, is accurate and is a good decision maker, but he kind of needs everything to be perfect to win. When he's got a line protecting him, he's got a strong run game and can play off heavy play action, he's going to be fantastic. But as you said, week in and week out, hard to see him winning games. Hard to imagine him ever being an MVP, but lesser Qb's have won rings before.

Wentz is more like Farve. He's going to win you games on his arms most weeks. But he takes chances, he'll win you games that a guy like Dak simply can't. But he's also going to occasionally lose you a game that Dak won't due to the risk taking. He's the type of guy that gives you a chance every year because he can elevate the play of those around him.

As you said, they're both going to be around a LONG time and battling out for the NFC E.
Two totally different styles of QB and play completely different.
It'll be fascinating to see how their career's play out


100% Totally agree.
Quote
User avatar
Ruben Wiki
Posts: 5073
Joined: January 11, 2005, 7:41 pm
Location: The Club!
Favourite Player:
Blake Austin
PostPosted: November 7, 2017, 9:53 am
Pigman wrote:LOCK:
Really like this bet. I've got a really REALLY good Denver D which can stiffle the Eagles attack, and i've got a stud Eagles D at home against Brock Oswieler. I struggle to see how either team get more than 21 points unless there is some return/defensive ****. And i think both teams know their chances of winning will rest on ST play and turn overs, so i expect both sides to play fairly cautiously.
Think this is a 17-9 sort of game, Even 28-13 and you're getting paid.
DEN @ PHI UNDER 41.5
$50 @ $1.90


UPSET:
This could finally be the game the Niners get a win. I dont rate this cardinals team one iota now without Carson Palmer. It's hard to imagine the Niners are going to go through the year 0-16, they'll win a game and i think this looms as one of the real chances for them. Spirits and hopes lifted after the Jimmy G trade, they'll be pumped and the Cardinals are free fallin.
ARI @ SF SF H2H
$25 @ $2.20


MULTI:
Im going to have the Jags to get it done at home against the Bengals. The Saints at home to chalk another win against the Bucs, The texans to shrug off their Watson injury and eeeek home at home against the Colts, and Seattle to win against a banged up Washington team also at home.
I cant do it because i wont risk jixing them in a match up i think will be tighter than most but you could add the Eagles in there for added value if you like
JAC - NO - HOU - SEA H2H
$25 @ $3.33


Rollin'
Tough week, i had a bet all lined up with the Texans over the Colts, which was a divisional game but the Watson situation and my rules dictate i should pass that. The rules again... No Road teams, no divisional games, no bad QBs

Going to double dip into PHI-DEN unders here, and take an adjusted total
Im super confident of this game going under 41.5, but for the roll, im going to take that line up to 53.5 and play under that. We'd need at least 6 touchdowns in the game for that to get sunk and i dont see that at all with these Defences.

DEN @ PHI - UNDER 53.5
$373.20 @ $1.19


Did Moneybags do it again?
"Look sorry if that came across wrong, I was just referring to the jokes we were making about all the desperate guys who chase you. Hope to catch up some time, but if not best of luck with everything."
Quote
User avatar
Mal Meninga
Posts: 20737
Joined: June 18, 2013, 4:31 pm

Favourite Player:
Nick Cotric
PostPosted: November 7, 2017, 10:47 am
Zip Zip wrote:Did Moneybags do it again?


Wh... who are you?
The List - K.Love, Keno, Zippy's tennis angels, LA Lakers, Noah, Boozer, Lucy's horse tips, Colts, Lucy, Kevin Proctor, Dr Zaius, TR....
Quote
User avatar
Don Furner
Posts: 28563
Joined: May 18, 2010, 4:17 pm
Location: Canberra
Favourite Player:
Wighton, Croker, Hodgson, Cotric
PostPosted: November 7, 2017, 11:04 am
Matt wrote:
Pigman wrote:I see a lot of Alex Smith (new Alex SMith, the good Alex Smith) in Dak
He's a niffty runner who is willing to, is accurate and is a good decision maker, but he kind of needs everything to be perfect to win. When he's got a line protecting him, he's got a strong run game and can play off heavy play action, he's going to be fantastic. But as you said, week in and week out, hard to see him winning games. Hard to imagine him ever being an MVP, but lesser Qb's have won rings before.

Wentz is more like Farve. He's going to win you games on his arms most weeks. But he takes chances, he'll win you games that a guy like Dak simply can't. But he's also going to occasionally lose you a game that Dak won't due to the risk taking. He's the type of guy that gives you a chance every year because he can elevate the play of those around him.

As you said, they're both going to be around a LONG time and battling out for the NFC E.
Two totally different styles of QB and play completely different.
It'll be fascinating to see how their career's play out


100% Totally agree.


You can add 35 thrown and 10 rush TDs in his 1st 2 season to his accolades. Only Dak and Cam have done it.
Quote
User avatar
Don Furner
Posts: 28563
Joined: May 18, 2010, 4:17 pm
Location: Canberra
Favourite Player:
Wighton, Croker, Hodgson, Cotric
PostPosted: November 10, 2017, 9:02 am
Pats offense just got better.
Packers cut Bennett. Pats bring him back in.
Quote
User avatar
Mal Meninga
Posts: 20737
Joined: June 18, 2013, 4:31 pm

Favourite Player:
Nick Cotric
PostPosted: November 10, 2017, 5:45 pm
Yeah I dunno about it getting better
There is an old saying... once you start talking about retirement, you’re done

And Marty has been open about this year being his last
His production this year even when Rodgers was healthy was poor
He’s still a good blocker and can help a team but I don’t think he moves the needle too much

Still a one year pick up for the pats to maybe help their run game and catch some red zone passes... it’s worth a crack for a pats teams trying to go back to back


Sherman injury is a potential game changer in the battle for the nfc
The List - K.Love, Keno, Zippy's tennis angels, LA Lakers, Noah, Boozer, Lucy's horse tips, Colts, Lucy, Kevin Proctor, Dr Zaius, TR....
Quote
User avatar
Mal Meninga
Posts: 20737
Joined: June 18, 2013, 4:31 pm

Favourite Player:
Nick Cotric
PostPosted: November 10, 2017, 5:49 pm
Yeah I dunno about it getting better
There is an old saying... once you start talking about retirement, you’re done

And Marty has been open about this year being his last
His production this year even when Rodgers was healthy was poor
He’s still a good blocker and can help a team but I don’t think he moves the needle too much

Still a one year pick up for the pats to maybe help their run game and catch some red zone passes... it’s worth a crack for a pats teams trying to go back to back


Sherman injury is a potential game changer in the battle for the nfc
The List - K.Love, Keno, Zippy's tennis angels, LA Lakers, Noah, Boozer, Lucy's horse tips, Colts, Lucy, Kevin Proctor, Dr Zaius, TR....
Quote
User avatar
Don Furner
Posts: 28563
Joined: May 18, 2010, 4:17 pm
Location: Canberra
Favourite Player:
Wighton, Croker, Hodgson, Cotric
PostPosted: November 13, 2017, 6:50 am
If i told u the Saints had put up over 40, with 6TDs and a 300 in one of the yards columns. Ill bet u though Brees had a big day.
BUUUUUT... 6 rushing TDs and over 300 rushing yards. WOW!!!
Quote
User avatar
Mal Meninga
Posts: 20737
Joined: June 18, 2013, 4:31 pm

Favourite Player:
Nick Cotric
PostPosted: November 13, 2017, 10:15 am
Dak getting LIT the **** up by that vaunted Atlanta pass rush
Better hope Smith is in the game next week, otherwise Dak might not survive
The List - K.Love, Keno, Zippy's tennis angels, LA Lakers, Noah, Boozer, Lucy's horse tips, Colts, Lucy, Kevin Proctor, Dr Zaius, TR....
Quote
User avatar
Don Furner
Posts: 28563
Joined: May 18, 2010, 4:17 pm
Location: Canberra
Favourite Player:
Wighton, Croker, Hodgson, Cotric
PostPosted: November 13, 2017, 11:51 am
Pigman wrote:Dak getting LIT the **** up by that vaunted Atlanta pass rush
Better hope Smith is in the game next week, otherwise Dak might not survive


I had a busy morning. I saw we scored first via an early INT. I come back and we are down by 13. No Smith is a MASSIVE out, esp without Zeke too. So I guess that explains some of it. Looks like our D was ok, despite the score line - quite a few sacks and tackles for loss. So was our offense poor? I also see Nugent missed a 30 odd yarder, that doesn't help (10-13 at the half is respectable).
Quote
User avatar
Don Furner
Posts: 28563
Joined: May 18, 2010, 4:17 pm
Location: Canberra
Favourite Player:
Wighton, Croker, Hodgson, Cotric
PostPosted: November 13, 2017, 11:53 am
9ers got a 'W'. Whoooooo!
Quote
User avatar
Mal Meninga
Posts: 20737
Joined: June 18, 2013, 4:31 pm

Favourite Player:
Nick Cotric
PostPosted: November 13, 2017, 12:09 pm
Adrian Clayborn had 6 sacks and 13 pressures on 29 odd drop backs
Basically the line feel apart without Smith and Dak was under siege all game long
The List - K.Love, Keno, Zippy's tennis angels, LA Lakers, Noah, Boozer, Lucy's horse tips, Colts, Lucy, Kevin Proctor, Dr Zaius, TR....
Quote
User avatar
Don Furner
Posts: 28563
Joined: May 18, 2010, 4:17 pm
Location: Canberra
Favourite Player:
Wighton, Croker, Hodgson, Cotric
PostPosted: November 13, 2017, 12:35 pm
Pigman wrote:Adrian Clayborn had 6 sacks and 13 pressures on 29 odd drop backs
Basically the line feel apart without Smith and Dak was under siege all game long


Just saw all the Caz Green hate on FB. Im guess it was Highway Green today then.
Quote
User avatar
Mal Meninga
Posts: 20737
Joined: June 18, 2013, 4:31 pm

Favourite Player:
Nick Cotric
PostPosted: November 13, 2017, 12:59 pm
Haha yeah he was a traffic cone
The List - K.Love, Keno, Zippy's tennis angels, LA Lakers, Noah, Boozer, Lucy's horse tips, Colts, Lucy, Kevin Proctor, Dr Zaius, TR....
Quote

Jason Croker
Posts: 4014
Joined: June 24, 2008, 4:22 pm
PostPosted: November 14, 2017, 1:26 pm
Just watched the McAdoo post match press conference. He's surely gone isn't he? You can't stand there and answer every single question with 'we'll look at the tape'.
Raiders Member #4173
Bay 72, Row T, Seat 8
Quote
User avatar
Don Furner
Posts: 28563
Joined: May 18, 2010, 4:17 pm
Location: Canberra
Favourite Player:
Wighton, Croker, Hodgson, Cotric
PostPosted: November 14, 2017, 1:31 pm
gergreg wrote:Just watched the McAdoo post match press conference. He's surely gone isn't he? You can't stand there and answer every single question with 'we'll look at the tape'.


we'll look at the tape.
Quote
User avatar
Mal Meninga
Posts: 20737
Joined: June 18, 2013, 4:31 pm

Favourite Player:
Nick Cotric
PostPosted: November 14, 2017, 1:34 pm
gergreg wrote:Just watched the McAdoo post match press conference. He's surely gone isn't he? You can't stand there and answer every single question with 'we'll look at the tape'.


Oh he’s absolutely gone
Probably will finish out the year. At least that’s how reporters on twitter feel
but Black Monday will come calling for him
The List - K.Love, Keno, Zippy's tennis angels, LA Lakers, Noah, Boozer, Lucy's horse tips, Colts, Lucy, Kevin Proctor, Dr Zaius, TR....
Quote
User avatar
Don Furner
Posts: 28563
Joined: May 18, 2010, 4:17 pm
Location: Canberra
Favourite Player:
Wighton, Croker, Hodgson, Cotric
PostPosted: November 14, 2017, 1:46 pm
Pigman wrote:
gergreg wrote:Just watched the McAdoo post match press conference. He's surely gone isn't he? You can't stand there and answer every single question with 'we'll look at the tape'.


Oh he’s absolutely gone
Probably will finish out the year. At least that’s how reporters on twitter feel
but Black Monday will come calling for him


I agree.
He will make it to Xmas at minimum, but I don't expect his holidays to be terribly merry.
Quote
User avatar
Don Furner
Posts: 28563
Joined: May 18, 2010, 4:17 pm
Location: Canberra
Favourite Player:
Wighton, Croker, Hodgson, Cotric
PostPosted: November 17, 2017, 8:31 am
@Pigman,
No Zeke
No Smith
No Lee
Philly by 21+
Quote
User avatar
Mal Meninga
Posts: 20737
Joined: June 18, 2013, 4:31 pm

Favourite Player:
Nick Cotric
PostPosted: November 17, 2017, 9:26 am
Matt wrote:@Pigman,
No Zeke
No Smith
No Lee
Philly by 21+


I don’t think I’ll be that bad, but yeah we should handle our business and lock the east up
The List - K.Love, Keno, Zippy's tennis angels, LA Lakers, Noah, Boozer, Lucy's horse tips, Colts, Lucy, Kevin Proctor, Dr Zaius, TR....
Quote
User avatar
Don Furner
Posts: 28563
Joined: May 18, 2010, 4:17 pm
Location: Canberra
Favourite Player:
Wighton, Croker, Hodgson, Cotric
PostPosted: November 17, 2017, 9:55 am
Pigman wrote:
Matt wrote:@Pigman,
No Zeke
No Smith
No Lee
Philly by 21+


I don’t think I’ll be that bad, but yeah we should handle our business and lock the east up


Sounds like Smith will be right to go next wk, but is a wk to wk thing. All reports are that we will lose Lee for our 3 games in 12 days stretch and of course Zeke isn't back til Xmas. Which will put us in real danger of missing the playoffs by Thanksgiving.

I reckon you towel us up this week. Like UGLY!
I think we push the Chargers all the way next week, might sneak a W, give or take slowing their pass rush.
We have already beaten the Skins (admittedly will all players on deck), and with any luck, they are gone by the time we play them, so we can sneak a W there too, coz at least its at home.
Quote
Previous

Return to Other Sports


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests