Ex Raiders... where are they now?

 
All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

User avatar
Don Furner
Posts: 113943
Joined: January 7, 2005, 4:21 pm
PostPosted: October 14, 2008, 5:52 am
Meninga makes wholesale swap for retail

QUEENSLAND State of Origin coach Mal Meninga has shifted his business focus from wholesale fruit and vegetable markets to retail at Albany Creek.

Mr Meninga has opened a new business at Albany Creek, Meninga Fresh, his second fruit and vegetable outlet after opening a shop in Waterford.

Meninga Fresh is operating out of the Centro shopping complex.

"I had been involved in wholesale for three years," Mr Meninga said.

"But we sold up at the Brisbane Markets recently and decided to go into retail."

Mr Meninga believed his knowledge of the wholesale industry would benefit his customers.

He said "we have a great understanding of the fruit and vegetable industry’' which would enable him to purchase quality produce at the right price, ensuring affordability at the shop counter.

Mr Meninga said his shop would be managed by Russell Walker.

Meninga Fresh is at Centro Albany Creek Shopping Centre.

http://pine-rivers-press.whereilive.com ... or-retail/
Image
Quote
User avatar
Brett Mullins
Posts: 1432
Joined: June 17, 2005, 3:15 pm
PostPosted: October 14, 2008, 11:14 am
its going to be a looooooooooooong offseason.

anyone want to start a stick cricket comp?
2008 Golden Boogs Nominee - Most Underrated Poster
2008 Golden Boogs WINNER - Best Thread Of The Year
Quote
User avatar
David Furner
Posts: 3784
Joined: January 9, 2005, 8:35 pm
Location: Sydney
PostPosted: October 14, 2008, 11:14 am
cause now u can go buy a mango from meninga :D
Quote
User avatar
Don Furner
Posts: 113943
Joined: January 7, 2005, 4:21 pm
PostPosted: October 14, 2008, 11:32 am
OK, in the interests of making this thread slightly more interesting... how about... ex Raiders... what are they doing now?

Here's one for Brandon Costin...

Costin says Eagles can surprise

IF the Sunshine Coast Sea Eagles' defence is as resolute as their coaches, then their 2009 season should be a successful one.

When pressed whether he had set any goals for his fledgling team for the 2009 season, Brandon Costin repelled the question with the efficiency of a Steve Menzies ball-and-all tackle.

"Yes, (but) I can't tell you," he answered.

However, while making that blunt reply, it was obvious the man charged with leading the Sunshine Coast into its debut Queensland Cup campaign is quietly confident of making an immediate impact.

It was evident in the wry grin on his face as the words escaped from his mouth. The glint in his eye that screamed we're not here to make up the numbers.

"We have to put everything in place that will give ourselves the best chance of success," Costin said.

"You can't guarantee success because so many things happen in a game, but if we give ourselves the highest probability (to succeed) that's what we'll do."

Costin was in charge of this year's FOGS Cup outfit that enjoyed a purple patch of form at the end of the season.

For that reason, he's confident they'll be able to manage the step up.

"I really think we're going to get a lot of local players that are really going to be the surprise packets of the Queensland Cup," he said.

"Not just the Sunshine Coast Sea Eagles, but the whole Queensland Cup. You watch. There's a fair bit of experience and potential yet to be realised from those players, simply because they haven't had the competitive environment or arena to show it. Now they'll be playing in the second best competition in Australia, plus the quality players Manly will fly in to play alongside them they'll grow an extra leg."

The Sea Eagles have already signed two established Queensland Cup stars in Cameron Joyce (Wynnum-Manly) and Jack Pearson (Norths).

Despite the fact he languished in FOGS Cup for the Seagulls for much of this year, Costin rates dummy half Joyce very highly.

"It surprises me why he wasn't getting a look-in," Costin said. "I rate him the best Queensland Cup hooker in the competition. I had the pleasure of coaching him for two years previously at Souths Logan. He's a leader and we definitely need that leadership base here."

Costin believes Manly's premiership victory will give the club the kickstart it needs.

Not only to attract quality players, but to get bums on seats at their matches.

I think from our point of view we're a pathway to the NRL, and now we're a pathway to the current premiers," Costin said.

"If you're a young player and choosing who you want to play for at the moment, it would be Manly. I think we're going to get a few people knocking on the door wanting to be on that pathway. Thankfully we've got a bloke like (director of coaching) Dennis Moore who's been at the top for a long long time and is prepared to deliver all that experience to myself and the other coaches."

http://www.qrl.com.au
Image
Quote
User avatar
Steve Walters
Posts: 7614
Joined: February 1, 2005, 10:34 pm
Location: The Lighhouse pre game bonanza
PostPosted: October 14, 2008, 11:34 am
greeneyed wrote:
thickos wrote:Ok, I'll bite...

... besides being about the great man himself, what's this got to do with anything?


It's Mal! Meninga!


There was actually a story I read somewhere that Andrew Johns sells fruit better than Big Mal. I can't find the link right now but i'm certain you'd love it...
Image

Member No: 3010. Bay 28. Row KK. Seat 6.

Michael wrote:
If life has taught me anything, its that any combination of mohawk, moustache, mullet, beard and the general attitude of a complete pig will get you a long way in that regard.

That's the sound of the men, working on the chain gannnng! Ohhhhh agghhhh
Quote
User avatar
Mal Meninga
Posts: 55313
Joined: January 6, 2005, 7:21 pm
Location: The abyss, ive brought a house in the abyss, im getting mail redirected to the abyss
Favourite Player:
Jack Wighton
PostPosted: October 14, 2008, 11:45 am
Woodgers wrote:
greeneyed wrote:
thickos wrote:Ok, I'll bite...

... besides being about the great man himself, what's this got to do with anything?


It's Mal! Meninga!


There was actually a story I read somewhere that Andrew Johns sells fruit better than Big Mal. I can't find the link right now but i'm certain you'd love it...


You misread the article mate. It said 'andrew joins is a fruit' not that he sells it
Image
Image
Raiders member no: 4008
Bay 28, Row JJ, Seat 8


greeneyed wrote:Sheens was brought in to build the Cowboys and Tigers. He did both, bringing one a premiership, despite the many injury ridden years of his key playmaker.

^^^
:lol: !
Quote
User avatar
Laurie Daley
Posts: 11762
Joined: March 1, 2005, 5:29 am
Location: Smelling The Shiraz
PostPosted: October 14, 2008, 11:47 am
Luke Davico owns a Cafe in Darby st Newcastle

Brett Hetherington owns the Gunyah Hotel at Belmont(Newcastle).
Edrick The Entertainer
Quote
User avatar
Steve Walters
Posts: 7614
Joined: February 1, 2005, 10:34 pm
Location: The Lighhouse pre game bonanza
PostPosted: October 14, 2008, 11:53 am
Raider_69 wrote:
Woodgers wrote:
greeneyed wrote:
thickos wrote:Ok, I'll bite...

... besides being about the great man himself, what's this got to do with anything?


It's Mal! Meninga!


There was actually a story I read somewhere that Andrew Johns sells fruit better than Big Mal. I can't find the link right now but i'm certain you'd love it...


You misread the article mate. It said 'andrew joins is a fruit' not that he sells it


Nah, it said that like when fruit shops started selling the 'cooky' toffee apples, Joey (the pioneer) has come up with some new sweets like called disco biscuits.
Image

Member No: 3010. Bay 28. Row KK. Seat 6.

Michael wrote:
If life has taught me anything, its that any combination of mohawk, moustache, mullet, beard and the general attitude of a complete pig will get you a long way in that regard.

That's the sound of the men, working on the chain gannnng! Ohhhhh agghhhh
Quote
User avatar
Don Furner
Posts: 113943
Joined: January 7, 2005, 4:21 pm
PostPosted: October 14, 2008, 12:15 pm
You bastards are ruining a perfectly good "where are they now" thread... :rant :lol:
Image
Quote
User avatar
Steve Walters
Posts: 7614
Joined: February 1, 2005, 10:34 pm
Location: The Lighhouse pre game bonanza
PostPosted: October 14, 2008, 12:23 pm
Ha ha ha ha....GE if there are many more threads like this you'll be doing the 'where are they now' of GH forum members by November.

I'm struggling to work out why the original story was even run tbh.
Image

Member No: 3010. Bay 28. Row KK. Seat 6.

Michael wrote:
If life has taught me anything, its that any combination of mohawk, moustache, mullet, beard and the general attitude of a complete pig will get you a long way in that regard.

That's the sound of the men, working on the chain gannnng! Ohhhhh agghhhh
Quote
User avatar
Gary Belcher
Posts: 6218
Joined: March 29, 2006, 12:15 pm
Location: Goin' chicken huntin'
PostPosted: October 14, 2008, 1:06 pm
Well we've all the the rumours about Mal's huge banana and gigantic set of plums. Good to see he's selling 'em on the streets.
Image
Image
Quote
User avatar
Steve Walters
Posts: 7614
Joined: February 1, 2005, 10:34 pm
Location: The Lighhouse pre game bonanza
PostPosted: October 14, 2008, 1:18 pm
GCR wrote:Well we've all the the rumours about Mal's huge banana and gigantic set of plums. Good to see he's selling 'em on the streets.


:lol:
Image

Member No: 3010. Bay 28. Row KK. Seat 6.

Michael wrote:
If life has taught me anything, its that any combination of mohawk, moustache, mullet, beard and the general attitude of a complete pig will get you a long way in that regard.

That's the sound of the men, working on the chain gannnng! Ohhhhh agghhhh
Quote
User avatar
Brett Mullins
Posts: 1724
Joined: March 16, 2008, 7:15 am
Location: Canberra
Favourite Player:
Josh Hodgson
PostPosted: October 14, 2008, 2:37 pm
...and the reality of a long off season kicks in.
Canberra Raiders: Est. 1982 .... 89,90,94

RAIDERS TILL I DIE!
Quote
PostPosted: October 14, 2008, 3:33 pm
...and you guys complained about all the Todd Carney talk... at least it had something todo with football! :lol:
Quote
User avatar
Chris O'Sullivan
Posts: 953
Joined: July 2, 2008, 1:30 am
Location: Eating a steady diet of Government cheese, living in a van down by the river.
PostPosted: October 14, 2008, 3:39 pm
Has anyone else seen slammin' Sam Backo on the Aboriginal footy show they have on Fox?
Image
I know what you're asking yourself and the answer is yes. I have a nick name for my *****. Its called the Octagon, but I also nick named my testes - my left one is James Westfall and my right one is Dr. Kenneth Noisewater.
Quote
User avatar
Laurie Daley
Posts: 14451
Joined: March 26, 2008, 1:07 pm

Favourite Player:
N/A
PostPosted: October 14, 2008, 3:56 pm
Crusher wrote:...and you guys complained about all the Todd Carney talk... at least it had something todo with football! :lol:


I think I speak for everyone when I say keep the completely irrelevant Todd Carney references coming.

Your reputation as a poster of profound wit and substance continues to grow exponentially.
#BoneMcCrone
Quote
User avatar
Dean Lance
Posts: 880
Joined: June 11, 2007, 4:43 pm
Location: Bay 72
Favourite Player:
Josh Dugan
PostPosted: October 14, 2008, 7:26 pm
Buc Nasty wrote:
Crusher wrote:...and you guys complained about all the Todd Carney talk... at least it had something todo with football! :lol:


I think I speak for everyone when I say keep the completely irrelevant Todd Carney references coming.

Your reputation as a poster of profound wit and substance continues to grow exponentially.


:lol:

Very true, why even bring him up? Looks like one more thread is polluted. :doubt:
Golden Boogs winner for CALL OF THE YEAR
Quote
PostPosted: October 14, 2008, 8:17 pm
At least I'm not forgetting he exists like it is convenient for some to do. I wasn't derailing this thread at all, merely making a light hearted comment! Some people....
Quote
User avatar
Brett Mullins
Posts: 1758
Joined: June 18, 2008, 6:43 pm
Location: Sydney
Favourite Player:
Malcolm Norman Meninga
PostPosted: October 15, 2008, 12:02 am
GR33NM4CH1N3_13 wrote:
Buc Nasty wrote:
Crusher wrote:...and you guys complained about all the Todd Carney talk... at least it had something todo with football! :lol:


I think I speak for everyone when I say keep the completely irrelevant Todd Carney references coming.

Your reputation as a poster of profound wit and substance continues to grow exponentially.


:lol:

Very true, why even bring him up? Looks like one more thread is polluted. :doubt:


Quick! Back to the talk of Meninga's plums!
Quote

Simon Woolford
Posts: 431
Joined: March 30, 2008, 10:27 am
PostPosted: October 15, 2008, 5:52 am
Chris O'Sullivan works in the Canberra building industry. Looks even fitter than when he was playing.
Quote
User avatar
Don Furner
Posts: 27334
Joined: May 16, 2006, 12:14 pm
Location: The Ponds.
Favourite Player:
Mal Meninga
PostPosted: October 15, 2008, 1:01 pm
David Barnhill runs and owns a pub in Wagga.
Image
Quote
User avatar
Laurie Daley
Posts: 13506
Joined: May 20, 2007, 5:13 pm
PostPosted: October 15, 2008, 1:05 pm
Laurie daley works on the footy show.
Quote
User avatar
Mal Meninga
Posts: 55313
Joined: January 6, 2005, 7:21 pm
Location: The abyss, ive brought a house in the abyss, im getting mail redirected to the abyss
Favourite Player:
Jack Wighton
PostPosted: October 15, 2008, 1:53 pm
I herd Craig Bellamy is doing some coaching work down south somewhere...
Image
Image
Raiders member no: 4008
Bay 28, Row JJ, Seat 8


greeneyed wrote:Sheens was brought in to build the Cowboys and Tigers. He did both, bringing one a premiership, despite the many injury ridden years of his key playmaker.

^^^
:lol: !
Quote
User avatar
Don Furner
Posts: 27334
Joined: May 16, 2006, 12:14 pm
Location: The Ponds.
Favourite Player:
Mal Meninga
PostPosted: October 15, 2008, 3:10 pm
Question wrote:Laurie daley works on the footy show.
\

:nooo
Image
Quote
User avatar
Laurie Daley
Posts: 14451
Joined: March 26, 2008, 1:07 pm

Favourite Player:
N/A
PostPosted: October 15, 2008, 3:18 pm
dubby wrote:
Question wrote:Laurie daley works on the footy show.
\

:nooo


Wow, I'm glad I decided against my Peter Jackson joke...
#BoneMcCrone
Quote
User avatar
Brett Mullins
Posts: 1281
Joined: April 3, 2008, 4:38 pm
Location: Seiffert Oval. 1982.
Favourite Player:
CHICKA!
PostPosted: October 15, 2008, 3:38 pm
Buc Nasty wrote:
dubby wrote:
Question wrote:Laurie daley works on the footy show.
\

:nooo


Wow, I'm glad I decided against my Peter Jackson joke...


I should bloody well hope so, any joke about a bloke who died tragically is f***king poor form, pull your head in you tool.
Image
Quote
User avatar
Laurie Daley
Posts: 14451
Joined: March 26, 2008, 1:07 pm

Favourite Player:
N/A
PostPosted: October 15, 2008, 3:48 pm
Michael Patrick wrote:
Buc Nasty wrote:
dubby wrote:
Question wrote:Laurie daley works on the footy show.
\

:nooo


Wow, I'm glad I decided against my Peter Jackson joke...


I should bloody well hope so, any joke about a bloke who died tragically is f***king poor form, pull your head in you tool.


Take it easy Johnny Come Lately.

Peter Jackson is one of my all-time favorite players, and in case you didn't notice, I didn't actually say anything disparaging about Jacko.

I suggest you try and redirect your anger towards more worthy causes.
#BoneMcCrone
Quote
User avatar
Don Furner
Posts: 113943
Joined: January 7, 2005, 4:21 pm
PostPosted: October 15, 2008, 3:48 pm
Ex Raiders players in coaching...

Ricky Stuart, Australia, Cronulla
Mal Meninga, Queensland
Laurie Daley, NSW Country
Craig Bellamy, NSW, Melbourne Storm
Ivan Henjak, Brisbane Broncos
Neil Henry, North Queensland Cowboys
Andrew Dunemann, Northern Pride, Queensland Cup
Brandon Costin, Sunshine Coast Eagles, Queensland Cup
Glenn Lazarus, Ipswich Jets, Queensland Cup
Kevin Walters, Les Catalans, ESL, previously Ipswich Jets, Queensland Cup

I also saw reference to Matty Wood coaching a Redcliffe Colts team a couple of years ago. That's all I can think of.

Brad Clyde... football manager, Canterbury Bulldogs
Image
Quote
User avatar
Brett Mullins
Posts: 1093
Joined: February 9, 2007, 8:44 am
Location: Lanyon Valley
Favourite Player:
Gamblor
PostPosted: October 15, 2008, 3:54 pm
Dean Lance - Football Manager at Nth Qld Cowboys

Does anyone remember what happened to the last 2 teams that Neil Henry and Dean Lance were involved together at?
Bye Bye Cowboys.
My favorite forum member is 100%Green. Why? Because anyone who can convince my wife who runs two watch shops and doesnt realy like the Raiders to buy me a limited edition centenary of league Raiders watch is alright in my books.

It's hard god-damn work being a Raiders supporter!
Quote
User avatar
Laurie Daley
Posts: 14451
Joined: March 26, 2008, 1:07 pm

Favourite Player:
N/A
PostPosted: October 15, 2008, 3:55 pm
Brent Todd has had a pretty distinguished post-football career.
#BoneMcCrone
Quote
User avatar
Jason Croker
Posts: 4182
Joined: July 25, 2007, 1:11 pm
PostPosted: October 15, 2008, 3:57 pm
Michael Maguire and Alex Corvo are both on the coaching staff at Melbourne.
Quote
User avatar
Laurie Daley
Posts: 13506
Joined: May 20, 2007, 5:13 pm
PostPosted: October 15, 2008, 4:43 pm
Matt corkery now resides back in the ACT.
Quote
User avatar
Terry Campese
Posts: 93
Joined: March 8, 2008, 9:14 am
Location: Sydney - Perth
Favourite Player:
Anybody who wears the jersey
PostPosted: October 15, 2008, 6:12 pm
Todd Carney
apparently off to Castleford......... :cool:
2014 another rebuilding phase
Raiders member number 12238
Quote
User avatar
Brett Mullins
Posts: 1281
Joined: April 3, 2008, 4:38 pm
Location: Seiffert Oval. 1982.
Favourite Player:
CHICKA!
PostPosted: October 16, 2008, 2:57 pm
Buc Nasty wrote:
Michael Patrick wrote:
Buc Nasty wrote:
dubby wrote:
Question wrote:Laurie daley works on the footy show.
\

:nooo


Wow, I'm glad I decided against my Peter Jackson joke...


I should bloody well hope so, any joke about a bloke who died tragically is f***king poor form, pull your head in you tool.


Take it easy Johnny Come Lately.

Peter Jackson is one of my all-time favorite players, and in case you didn't notice, I didn't actually say anything disparaging about Jacko.

I suggest you try and redirect your anger towards more worthy causes.


It was the inference that you were going to tell a joke that got me fired up, why would you even go there?

As for describing him as one of your all time favourites, according to your profile you are 24 years old, making you about 4 or 5 when he left the Raiders for Brisbane, so you are stretching things there.

I will however take your advice about redirecting my anger towards something a lot more worthier than you...

Johnny.
Image
Quote
User avatar
Laurie Daley
Posts: 11762
Joined: March 1, 2005, 5:29 am
Location: Smelling The Shiraz
PostPosted: October 16, 2008, 6:04 pm
newfnblood wrote:Todd Carney
apparently off to Castleford......... :cool:


Anywhere near Huddesfield ;)
Edrick The Entertainer
Quote
Next

Return to Canberra Raiders


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 15 guests

cron