PostPosted: August 6, 2015, 9:26 am
simo wrote:Image

Best meme I have seen this year.
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player:
Blake Austin
PostPosted: August 6, 2015, 10:38 am
greeneyed wrote:
Brew wrote:I always remember a game in 1989 against the Dogs Daley landed them from everywhere and also the semi final in Super League vs Penrith when Furner got injured early on.

That is one of my favourite ever Raiders games. The atmosphere was thick and then AWESOME!

One of mine too I got a copy off you on DVD!
I remember Dean Lance having a blinder and took it to the premiers pack.
In Ricky We Trust
Laurie Daley

Favourite Player:
Blake Austin
PostPosted: August 9, 2015, 2:26 pm
Our boy is at it again. Big enough and strong enough to take on the middle defenders, poke his nose through and offload for a try.
The List - K.Love, Keno, Zippy's tennis angels, LA Lakers, Noah, Boozer, Lucy's horse tips, Colts, Lucy, Kevin Proctor, Dr Zaius, TR....
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player:
Croker, Vaughan and Fensom
PostPosted: August 9, 2015, 2:28 pm
Good one, echoes
2012 Golden Boogs Newbie of the Year
2013 'Nella Awards Best Punter
2013 Boogs Thread of the Year ~ The Betting Thread
2014 Boogs Matthew Elliott Award Winner
2014 Boogs some award with Hanbush
Mal Meninga

Favourite Player:
Bay56
PostPosted: August 9, 2015, 5:48 pm
Far out I hope we end up with a forward pack that can lay the platform for guys like Sezer, Austin and Wighton (and Williams) to do their stuff. Add in Hodgo and we suddenly have some of the best young key position players in the comp. I just really hope our forwards and our defence step it up a level or two to bring it all together.

There are no excuses next year for this squad. None, nadda, zero. They simply have to step up.

Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player:
Jarrod Croker
PostPosted: August 10, 2015, 9:11 pm
Get here already Aidan.
Laurie Daley
PostPosted: August 10, 2015, 9:27 pm
I'm gonna say it wherever I feel necesary.
every close loss this year is a win with Sezer at halfback.
that would put us almost in the top 4 most likely.
Laurie Daley

Favourite Player:
Blake Austin
PostPosted: August 10, 2015, 9:28 pm
Hail Sezer
The List - K.Love, Keno, Zippy's tennis angels, LA Lakers, Noah, Boozer, Lucy's horse tips, Colts, Lucy, Kevin Proctor, Dr Zaius, TR....
Brett Mullins
PostPosted: August 10, 2015, 9:30 pm
Pigman wrote:Hail Sezer

Can not **** wait

I love the raiders , but them being **** for so many years is killing me

John Ferguson
PostPosted: August 10, 2015, 9:42 pm
Hail Sezer.

(Neil for Henry) :shock:

Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player:
Jarrod Croker
PostPosted: August 11, 2015, 8:02 am
CJ42 wrote:I'm gonna say it wherever I feel necesary.
every close loss this year is a win with Sezer at halfback.
that would put us almost in the top 4 most likely.

You know what, Austin had a chance to win us 3-4 of those games.

Missed field goals against the Dogs and Cronulla, then came up with some bad errors last night.

Sezer is a great signing and IMO the last chance for Stuart to prove he can take this side somewhere.

This year has been unacceptable.
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player:
Captain Croker
PostPosted: August 11, 2015, 8:19 am
We should never be in the position of needing to win with a FG or a last minute play.

To me its like blaming a soccer goal keeper for missing the save when the opposition player has beaten 10 other players to get to him

Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player:
Jarrod Croker
PostPosted: August 11, 2015, 8:40 am
Raidersrawesome wrote:We should never be in the position of needing to win with a FG or a last minute play.

To me its like blaming a soccer goal keeper for missing the save when the opposition player has beaten 10 other players to get to him

Ideally you'd like to not be in those kind of positions. Of course you'd prefer to have the game wrapped up with 10 to play, but that's not going to happen in the NRL.

When the big moments have arrived in half a dozen games this year, our halves haven't made the clutch plays.
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player:
PostPosted: August 11, 2015, 2:07 pm
Agreed, I can't wait until Sezer gets here, Austin was AWFUL last night.

Worst performance by a Raiders half that I can remember.

David Furner

Favourite Player:
Shannon Boyd
PostPosted: August 11, 2015, 2:11 pm
Actually thought Williams was worse. Austin had that absolute clanger of a moment where he failed to gather in a kick but a lot of his errors were running difficult lines. Williams though kicked terribly which kept putting us on the back foot. Way too many 7 tackle sets and easy marks for the tigers. That was what cost us the game.

As for worst performance by a halfback neither of them have anything on some of the displays last year.

Gary Belcher
PostPosted: August 11, 2015, 2:21 pm
Pete Cash wrote:Actually thought Williams was worse. Austin had that absolute clanger of a moment where he failed to gather in a kick but a lot of his errors were running difficult lines. Williams though kicked terribly which kept putting us on the back foot. Way too many 7 tackle sets and easy marks for the tigers. That was what cost us the game.

As for worst performance by a halfback neither of them have anything on some of the displays last year.

It's really splitting hairs. Austin was abysmal. Williams was bad. Austin was directly responsible for handing the ball over four times in the attacking 20, two dropped balls, both of which were relatively simple takes with a staggered defensive line in front of him, takes that he makes on the regular normally and are a big part of a the reason he scores so many tries, one forced offload that was picked up by Brooke's and the mangling of the Waqa kick. Add to that that his poor defensive reads and attempts at tackling lead to three of the Tigers four tries. Nothing else he did was any better than average. It was a very very bad night for the kid. Williams was bad, but he wasn't that bad.
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player:
Captain Croker
PostPosted: August 11, 2015, 2:23 pm
I wouldnt have been bad if only one sucked last night but we had both on the same night
Steve Walters

Favourite Player:
Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana
PostPosted: August 11, 2015, 2:24 pm
I've been a harsh critic of Croker's defensive efforts over the years. If I'm being fair he has never had a clanger on that side of the ball quite like Austin did last night.
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player:
PostPosted: August 11, 2015, 2:27 pm
Stuat wrote:
Pete Cash wrote:Actually thought Williams was worse. Austin had that absolute clanger of a moment where he failed to gather in a kick but a lot of his errors were running difficult lines. Williams though kicked terribly which kept putting us on the back foot. Way too many 7 tackle sets and easy marks for the tigers. That was what cost us the game.

It's really splitting hairs. Austin was abysmal. Williams was bad. Austin was directly responsible for handing the ball over four times in the attacking 20, two dropped balls, both of which were relatively simple takes with a staggered defensive line in front of him, takes that he makes on the regular normally and are a big part of a the reason he scores so many tries, one forced offload that was picked up by Brooke's and the mangling of the Waqa kick. Add to that that his poor defensive reads and attempts at tackling lead to three of the Tigers four tries. Nothing else he did was any better than average. It was a very very bad night for the kid. Williams was bad, but he wasn't that bad.

Disagree entirely about splitting hairs. While Williams made some crucial errors and had a poor game, particularly at the end, literally EVERYTHING Austin did was terrible last night, I honestly have never seen a game like it.

At least Josh McCrone's worst ever game saw him getting hooked after 35 minutes.

Gary Belcher
PostPosted: August 11, 2015, 2:58 pm
You do make a solid point Nickman. I was probably being a little "faux" diplomatic...

Sam Backo
PostPosted: August 11, 2015, 4:34 pm
Can he get here already?

Williams should never, ever, ever step foot near first grade. The club ditched him for a reason and they should never have gone back on their word.

It's like that annoying, moody, aggressive, loud, ugly, drunken mistake you hooked up with once and swore you'd never do again..

Except the Raiders not only went back months later, but got engaged to it.

David Furner

Favourite Player:
Shannon Boyd
PostPosted: August 11, 2015, 5:20 pm
You guys are seriously underestimating how much Williams kicking game hurt us. It led directly to two tigers tries. The current rules brutally punish bad attacking kicks. I think there should be a slight tweak personally (6 tackles if kick is inside the opposition 20 and 7 tackle outside of that)

Number 1 rule for halfbacks at the moment should be don't kick dead in goal or give easy marks.
Alan Tongue

Favourite Player:
Dean Lance
PostPosted: August 11, 2015, 5:28 pm
I'm starting to get concerned with how much I'm looking forward to Sezer wearing green next year.

I know it seems like the answer to our prayers, but as a raiders fan you get use to expecting disappointment.. I'm just trying to figure out how this can NOT work!
Laurie Daley
PostPosted: August 11, 2015, 5:38 pm
#hailsezer6
Edrick The Entertainer
Don Furner
Favourite Player:
Wighton, Croker, Hodgson, Cotric
PostPosted: August 11, 2015, 6:13 pm
Pete Cash wrote:You guys are seriously underestimating how much Williams kicking game hurt us. It led directly to two tigers tries. The current rules brutally punish bad attacking kicks. I think there should be a slight tweak personally (6 tackles if kick is inside the opposition 20 and 7 tackle outside of that)

Number 1 rule for halfbacks at the moment should be don't kick dead in goal or give easy marks.

The one that went dead hurt.
There were a couple where he 'placed' it in the corner, but was kicked to about 15-20m out, and therefore in front of/ beside Tedesco, rather than the extra 10m to make him go back and get it. That is infuriating!
Mal Meninga

Favourite Player:
Bay56
PostPosted: August 11, 2015, 6:21 pm
Jeff Steinberger wrote:Can he get here already?

Williams should never, ever, ever step foot near first grade. The club ditched him for a reason and they should never have gone back on their word.

It's like that annoying, moody, aggressive, loud, ugly, drunken mistake you hooked up with once and swore you'd never do again..

Except the Raiders not only went back months later, but got engaged to it.

The problem was Williams was an upgrade on both McCrone and Cornish. Simple as that. Most of our good games this year were on the back of decent football by him. Unfortunately the last couple of weeks have been ordinary from both he and Austin.

Sezer should be a great addition and Austin needs to learn when to not overplay his hand. I think he tried too hard last night in both attack and defence. His mind wasn't on doing the basics right - it was about proving a point against his old club.
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player:
PostPosted: August 12, 2015, 3:58 pm
I, for one, CAN'T WAIT until Aiden Sezer replaces Sam Williams and Blake Austin in the halves, fixes our defence and poor attitude and home record and we become a Top 4 team like the Titans!!

Bring on 2016!!
Don Furner
Favourite Player:
PostPosted: August 12, 2015, 4:08 pm
The Nickman wrote:I, for one, CAN'T WAIT until Aiden Sezer replaces Sam Williams and Blake Austin in the halves, fixes our defence and poor attitude and home record and we become a Top 4 team like the Titans!!

Bring on 2016!!

Even if you are a superstar player, if the rest of your team stinks, you don't win.

Now Sezer isn't a superstar, BUT, he is regularly one of the Titans best, and probably a class above most of them.

Look at some of the best players in their positions and where they are on the table:
Radradra - probably the best winger in the comp ATM, Eels are equal 3rd last, but with a -108 far and against.
Tedesco - probably the best/ most influential FB in the comp ATM - I know, MASSIVE call, given the likes of RTS, GI, Dugan and Co., but that's my opinion. - Tigers equal 2nd last
Taupau - a top 5 Lock - 'Lolo, Parker, Gallen are 3 of the other 4. - Tigers equal 2nd last
Johnson - A top 3 half - Warriors are 10th - with him they are probably still in the 8 though.
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player:
PostPosted: August 12, 2015, 4:13 pm
Did... did Matt just dubby all over my breakfast cereal there??
Don Furner
Favourite Player:
PostPosted: August 12, 2015, 4:16 pm
The Nickman wrote:Did... did Matt just dubby all over my breakfast cereal there??

Your post was too confusing not to add that in. Couldn't tell where sarcasm started and finished, esp. as you mentioned our crap D... which is a joke in itself.
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player:
PostPosted: August 12, 2015, 4:22 pm
Hot tip: the whole post was sarcasm, Matt.
Don Furner
Favourite Player:
PostPosted: August 12, 2015, 4:29 pm
The Nickman wrote:Hot tip: the whole post was sarcasm, Matt.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing :thumbsup
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player:
PostPosted: August 12, 2015, 4:30 pm
Matt wrote:

Come on Matt. How long have we been best friends for, now??
Don Furner
Favourite Player:
PostPosted: August 12, 2015, 4:37 pm
The Nickman wrote:
Matt wrote:

Come on Matt. How long have we been best friends for, now??

Youre right, long enough to know better.
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player:
Mal Meninga
PostPosted: August 12, 2015, 4:40 pm

So our D isn't crap?
Keyboard Samurai fighting the injustice of Keyboard Ninja's
PreviousNext

Return to Canberra Raiders