Only one try between finals and now

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

Laurie Daley
PostPosted: September 7, 2015, 5:42 pm
Ultima wrote:No, he should be sacked for other reasons, one of which being the continuation of our terrible defence with no changes to try to address the matter, our record at home with no efforts to address the matter, see the Stuart thread for other reasons...

It's ridiculous to suggest that he hasn't attempted to address those problems.
RIP Greenbits: 2007-2014
Don Furner
PostPosted: September 7, 2015, 6:42 pm
Ultima wrote:Thanks for coming Roger... Always a deep and meaningful input to the conversation you have there...

This is why people don't bother posting anything positive here, half the forum is full of **** who spend their off time drinking and cutting themselves...

Surely its more like 80%?

Matt, can you please confirm?

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Mal Meninga

Favourite Player:
Nick Cotric
PostPosted: September 7, 2015, 6:47 pm
Dr Zaius wrote:
Ultima wrote:No, he should be sacked for other reasons, one of which being the continuation of our terrible defence with no changes to try to address the matter, our record at home with no efforts to address the matter, see the Stuart thread for other reasons...

It's ridiculous to suggest that he hasn't attempted to address those problems.

Whilst I generally agree that he's tried to address most of our problems, and am on record as saying his job shouldn't be in danger until round 8-13 next year...

I can't think of what he's done to attempt to fix our defence, in fact his pigheadedness in sticking with a failed structure is why we are not playing finals footy

Now id imagine post season reviews are on their way shortly and I would hope one of the things that comes from that is some changes to the assistant coaching staff, so he may yet try to address it, but thus far the coach hasn't seen fit to address the major flaw in our game
The List - K.Love, Keno, Zippy's tennis angels, LA Lakers, Noah, Boozer, Lucy's horse tips, Colts, Lucy, Kevin Proctor, Dr Zaius, TR....
Laurie Daley
PostPosted: September 7, 2015, 8:13 pm
I didn't realise that either of you were attending training sessions. I'm pretty sure that they would have been constantly working on their defence. It's unrealistic to expect a complete overhaul mid season.
RIP Greenbits: 2007-2014

Gary Belcher
PostPosted: September 7, 2015, 9:01 pm
To be finals competitive we need to be a 'tough to beat' side and that means averaging around 3 tries against per match, just like the current top 8. With the attack we have, that kind of defensive stat will give us the opportunity to go deep into the finals. Naturally I'd like to see further improvement on an average 3 tries against result, but if we can do that next year, it will be a successful season for me. We all look for different things in our side, but its been so long since we had a reliable consistent defence. A 3 tries against average next year will be a 'happy dance' moment for me.
Brett Mullins
PostPosted: September 7, 2015, 9:16 pm
RedRaider wrote:To be finals competitive we need to be a 'tough to beat' side and that means averaging around 3 tries against per match, just like the current top 8. With the attack we have, that kind of defensive stat will give us the opportunity to go deep into the finals. Naturally I'd like to see further improvement on an average 3 tries against result, but if we can do that next year, it will be a successful season for me. We all look for different things in our side, but its been so long since we had a reliable consistent defence. A 3 tries against average next year will be a 'happy dance' moment for me.

Interestingly the lowest score we've won with is 24 points, and that was round 1 against the Sharks. Next best was on the weekend with 28.
Whenever we've scored less, we've found a way to lose.
Laurie Daley

Favourite Player:
Josh Hodgson
PostPosted: September 7, 2015, 9:26 pm
Raiders had the least amount of possession out of any club this season. 45.92%

If we stop the overkill with kicking early our defence obviously improves.

Hopefully this is addressed in the off season .
Mal Meninga
PostPosted: September 7, 2015, 9:27 pm
Shillo leaving will bring it up to at least 48%
Mal Meninga

Favourite Player:
Bay56
PostPosted: September 7, 2015, 9:35 pm
Schifty wrote:Raiders had the least amount of possession out of any club this season. 45.92%

Bring on a decent short kicking game.
Brett Mullins
PostPosted: September 7, 2015, 9:39 pm
Schifty wrote:Raiders had the least amount of possession out of any club this season. 45.92%

Damning. It's also a factor in our poor defence. Clearly our halves have not been able to control a game like the best.
Previous

Return to Canberra Raiders