Jarrod Croker's defence

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

Mal Meninga

Favourite Player:
Nick Cotric
PostPosted: September 6, 2015, 7:46 pm
Much like you, Woodgers GH popularity has never been a goal of mine. I'd be amongst the sites least popular posters and I doesn't worry me one bit

I call it how I see it and to me when we are at a point where we are wondering if captain whinges enough for our liking, and saying he has not respect of the officials when almost no captain bar 3-4 get any respect... I see it that we are being more than a little ridiculous
The List - K.Love, Keno, Zippy's tennis angels, LA Lakers, Noah, Boozer, Lucy's horse tips, Colts, Lucy, Kevin Proctor, Dr Zaius, TR....
Mal Meninga

Favourite Player:
Bay56
PostPosted: September 6, 2015, 7:51 pm
Aero wrote:
dubby wrote:Good point Pigman. Croker is actually on his way to earning respect by NOT being a total xxxx

Agreed

Just wait until next season. I think his good attitude will pay off with the refs.
Steve Walters
PostPosted: September 6, 2015, 7:52 pm
Pigman wrote:Much like you, Woodgers GH popularity has never been a goal of mine. I'd be amongst the sites least popular posters and I doesn't worry me one bit

I call it how I see it and to me when we are at a point where we are wondering if captain whinges enough for our liking, and saying he has not respect of the officials when almost no captain bar 3-4 get any respect... I see it that we are being more than a little ridiculous

Fair enough. Just once more I want to say that even though my first comment was about how the refs don't give him any respect, the conversation evolved into other areas of captaincy that people might do well to consider. But I admit most of all (as I said in my original post too) that I do think it is hard to judge it properly either way with the information we have. I also said we probably don't have a better choice. I then also went on to admit that a lot of my points were assumptions based on what I can tell, and personal (top level...) sporting experience. I'll keep monitoring, like his spot in the team i'm not even asking for him to lose the job.

Member No: 3010. Bay 28. Row KK. Seat 6.

Michael wrote:
If life has taught me anything, its that any combination of mohawk, moustache, mullet, beard and the general attitude of a complete pig will get you a long way in that regard.

That's the sound of the men, working on the chain gannnng! Ohhhhh agghhhh
Don Furner
PostPosted: September 6, 2015, 7:59 pm
Everyone likes Woodgers. He's the most likable. It's probably a Boogs if we were still having it.
Steve Walters
PostPosted: September 6, 2015, 8:01 pm
greeneyed wrote:Everyone likes Woodgers. He's the most likable. It's probably a Boogs if we were still having it.

Rob didn't. Rob hated Woodgers :D .

Michael wrote:
If life has taught me anything, its that any combination of mohawk, moustache, mullet, beard and the general attitude of a complete pig will get you a long way in that regard.

Laurie Daley
Favourite Player:
Luke Turner
PostPosted: September 6, 2015, 8:09 pm
Pigman wrote:GH popularity has never been a goal of mine.

Well that's good to know Mr 0% :lol:
Head to Head
Luke Turner - 1
Blake Ferguson - 0
Laurie Daley

Favourite Player:
Josh Hodgson
PostPosted: September 6, 2015, 8:13 pm
Northern Raider wrote:

Nominating then not voting for him was quality.
Mal Meninga

Favourite Player:
Nick Cotric
PostPosted: September 6, 2015, 8:18 pm
Northern Raider wrote:

A badge i wear with pride and honour :D
When the GH collective is giving you nothing, you know you've got everything
The List - K.Love, Keno, Zippy's tennis angels, LA Lakers, Noah, Boozer, Lucy's horse tips, Colts, Lucy, Kevin Proctor, Dr Zaius, TR....
Laurie Daley
PostPosted: September 6, 2015, 8:32 pm
:lol: the people who judge him based on his interaction with the refs, it's just **** hilarious. You watch any other game and the refs wave away The majority of the captains in the Comp when they question or whinge. The way croker conducts himself will benefit him with them in the long run because of his respectfulness.
Don Furner
PostPosted: September 6, 2015, 8:35 pm
The GH Facebook page post congratulating him on becoming top pointscorer:

https://www.facebook.com/thegreenhousef ... permPage=1

We haven't had more LIKES for a post all season.

David Shillington

Favourite Player:
Brent Todd
PostPosted: September 6, 2015, 8:48 pm
Ultima wrote:When asked about the points scoring record:

"I'd give it all back to be playing next week."

And numerous parts from articles this afternoon:

He nailed that attempt and according to his coach, it was no fluke.

"I tell Jarrod I never take it for granted what he does," Stuart said.

"I appreciate having a goal-kicker and a footballer such as Jarrod as captain.

"He thoroughly deserves winning the point-scoring award for the season but nobody sees the effort he puts in behind the scenes, nobody sees the hard work he puts in and the hours and hours of preparation and the work he does.

"His attitude and work ethic shows young kids what you can do if you work hard."

Meanwhile Croker said he was calm during the attempt, despite the magnitude of the moment and the stand full of loud opposition fans behind him.

"I wasn't too bad, I was pretty relaxed," he said.

"I spoke to the boys after we got behind with five minutes remaining and we spoke about enjoying the moment and if we come out on top, we'll enjoy it even more."

"He done well the POM, although he cheats in cards a bit but other than that, he's been one of our best players this year and probably goes a bit unnoticed," Croker said.

"Our recruits have been great and I spoke on the field about how good a leader Hodgo is and how good it is to have him in our leadership group. He's just fitted in so well here so it's good to have him."

^ What a bludger of a captain... Sack him immediately!!!!

Honestly though I really would like to know who else has as much heart for the club and support from with-in it that you would prefer as your captain...

But, I'm confused. Most of those quotes were by Ricky Stuart. If I'm not mistaken, according to you he has no idea about rugby league and should be sacked. Should've been sacked before game 1. But his opinion counts when it supports one of your other agendas.
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player:
Croker, Vaughan and Fensom
PostPosted: September 7, 2015, 7:57 am
Hahahaha Ultima quoting Ricky Stuart to prove his point really is the greatest batch of ironing the GH has seen in 2015. Fantastic stuff!!
2012 Golden Boogs Newbie of the Year
2013 'Nella Awards Best Punter
2013 Boogs Thread of the Year ~ The Betting Thread
2014 Boogs Matthew Elliott Award Winner
2014 Boogs some award with Hanbush
Steve Walters

Favourite Player:
Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana
PostPosted: September 7, 2015, 8:39 am
He played a great game yesterday after that initial blunder.

In all he had a really good end to the season following the Manly match. If he can start eliminating games like that he can become one of the top 10 or 20 centres in the game.
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player:
PostPosted: September 7, 2015, 9:34 am
He actually had a fairly decent game against Manly too, bar that one missed tackle.
Brett Mullins
PostPosted: September 7, 2015, 9:47 am
Northern Raider wrote:Well i don't know if he's a good or bad captain based on what i see on TV. There's not enough evidence either way.

He's a selfish player. Always has been since juniors. Have you noticed how eddy is an expert at putting support away but croker, the 150 game veteran and captain, literally doesnt even know how to draw a FB. He loves to back up but hates to throw the last pass unless its absolutely necessary and by then its usually too late. It's embarrassing.
Can't really tell whether its on purpose or subconsciously but it still shows he's out for himself first, teammates second.
Did you notice on your screen yesterday, how after he kicked the game leveler he strolled back to the bench high fiving etc, while sam williams was in the huddle barking orders? The game wasn't won, he still had work to do, but he was too busy reveling in personal glory to worry about that.
Its great having such a high percentage try sneak and goal kicker, but neither of these add to his credentials as a captain.
He seems a top bloke and obviously loves the club, is a quality player that brings a lot of value to the team, but in my eyes a captain should always be selfless and thats not what comes through the screens on game day
Laurie Daley
PostPosted: September 7, 2015, 9:50 am
Scoring at a rate of 0.5 a game and kicking at 82% in his career. Good stuff.
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player:
PostPosted: September 7, 2015, 10:00 am
bleedgreen99 wrote:
Northern Raider wrote:Well i don't know if he's a good or bad captain based on what i see on TV. There's not enough evidence either way.

He's a selfish player. Always has been since juniors. Have you noticed how eddy is an expert at putting support away but croker, the 150 game veteran and captain, literally doesnt even know how to draw a FB. He loves to back up but hates to throw the last pass unless its absolutely necessary and by then its usually too late. It's embarrassing.
Can't really tell whether its on purpose or subconsciously but it still shows he's out for himself first, teammates second.
Did you notice on your screen yesterday, how after he kicked the game leveler he strolled back to the bench high fiving etc, while sam williams was in the huddle barking orders? The game wasn't won, he still had work to do, but he was too busy reveling in personal glory to worry about that.
Its great having such a high percentage try sneak and goal kicker, but neither of these add to his credentials as a captain.
He seems a top bloke and obviously loves the club, is a quality player that brings a lot of value to the team, but in my eyes a captain should always be selfless and thats not what comes through the screens on game day

Hahahahaha what an absolute rubbish of a post. Complete and utter bull****.
Ruben Wiki

Favourite Player:
Jeff "Shakas" Lima!!!!
PostPosted: September 7, 2015, 10:23 am
Sam Williams was the first one in to high five Croker... Good grief BG sort it out
Pick the round we will get more than #oneinarow Winner - Round 8 (Wests + Bunnies)
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player:
PostPosted: September 7, 2015, 10:35 am
Yeah, but Sam Williams was doing it out of his commitment to the team, whereas Croker only kicked the goal for his own selfish reasons.

Disgusting behaviour.

David Furner

Favourite Player:
Ken Nagas
PostPosted: September 7, 2015, 10:36 am
bleedgreen99 wrote:

:roflmao what a load of absolute bull ****
Ruben Wiki

Favourite Player:
Jeff "Shakas" Lima!!!!
PostPosted: September 7, 2015, 10:39 am
The Nickman wrote:Yeah, but Sam Williams was doing it out of his commitment to the team, whereas Croker only kicked the goal for his own selfish reasons.

Disgusting behaviour.

Yeh whilst simultaneously barking orders at everyone else. Good grief
Pick the round we will get more than #oneinarow Winner - Round 8 (Wests + Bunnies)
Ruben Wiki

Favourite Player:
Jeff "Shakas" Lima!!!!
PostPosted: September 7, 2015, 10:39 am
The Nickman wrote:Yeah, but Sam Williams was doing it out of his commitment to the team, whereas Croker only kicked the goal for his own selfish reasons.

Disgusting behaviour.

Yeh whilst simultaneously barking orders at everyone else. Good grief
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player:
PostPosted: September 7, 2015, 10:40 am
I think it's safe to say that a large proportion of this forum has lost their goddamned minds.
Ruben Wiki

Favourite Player:
Jeff "Shakas" Lima!!!!
PostPosted: September 7, 2015, 10:42 am
Ourselves included.... See you round one next year??
Mal Meninga

Favourite Player:
Nick Cotric
PostPosted: September 7, 2015, 10:44 am
Haha! I love the GH!
What a post!
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player:
PostPosted: September 7, 2015, 10:46 am
Hbomb wrote:Ourselves included.... See you round one next year??

God I hope so. We should try and recreate our GH reunion from Round 1 this year... You, me, DJ and Ultima!!
Laurie Daley
PostPosted: September 7, 2015, 10:49 am
The Nickman wrote:I think it's safe to say that a large proportion of this forum has lost their goddamned minds.

That's assuming that they ever found them
RIP Greenbits: 2007-2014
Ruben Wiki

Favourite Player:
Jeff "Shakas" Lima!!!!
PostPosted: September 7, 2015, 10:53 am
The Nickman wrote:
Hbomb wrote:Ourselves included.... See you round one next year??

God I hope so. We should try and recreate our GH reunion from Round 1 this year... You, me, DJ and Ultima!!

:lol: :lol: done!
Steve Walters
PostPosted: September 7, 2015, 11:15 am
Hey mods, can I request this thread's title be altered to 'Jarrod Croker's defence team'.

Thanks in advance :D .

Michael wrote:

Mal Meninga
Favourite Player:
PostPosted: September 7, 2015, 11:18 am
Woodgers wrote:Hey mods, can I request this thread's title be altered to 'Jarrod Croker's defence team'.

Haha so you think bleedgreen99's comments are entirely reasonable criticism, do you??
Steve Walters
PostPosted: September 7, 2015, 11:29 am
The Nickman wrote:
Woodgers wrote:Hey mods, can I request this thread's title be altered to 'Jarrod Croker's defence team'.

Haha so you think bleedgreen99's comments are entirely reasonable criticism, do you??

Nah. Not a great post.

The name change was more so that other posters would know who they'll be chatting with in here.

Michael wrote:

Laurie Daley
PostPosted: September 7, 2015, 12:01 pm
This forum is a crack up :lol:
Steve Walters
PostPosted: September 7, 2015, 12:11 pm
CJ42 wrote:This forum is a crack up :lol:

So I keep reading in every thread. I have my suspicion that whilst I haven't been around much lately, that 1 person has managed to create a couple of hundred usernames.

Michael wrote:

Steve Walters

Favourite Player:
Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana
PostPosted: September 7, 2015, 12:14 pm
Agree. He should have been straight into the Al Pacino speech after the penalty.

"INCHES!!!!!!!!!!!"
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player:
PostPosted: September 7, 2015, 12:47 pm
Woodgers wrote:
CJ42 wrote:This forum is a crack up :lol:

So I keep reading in every thread. I have my suspicion that whilst I haven't been around much lately, that 1 person has managed to create a couple of hundred usernames.

I'm fairly certain 95% of this forum is one single, crazy person.
PreviousNext

Return to Canberra Raiders