Captain Croker
PostPosted: August 24, 2015, 7:18 pm
Maloney will go close.

Raiders need to get back to scoring
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player:
Croker
PostPosted: August 25, 2015, 1:19 am
And yes he is still first, the nrl.com page is slow as **** updating apparently.
Get Stuart to realise he is holding the club back and step down to player manager!
Don Furner
Favourite Player:
Wighton, Croker, Hodgson, Cotric
PostPosted: August 25, 2015, 9:01 am
Top point scorers ATM
Croker 206
Maloney 202
Daylight
JT 170

With the 2 games we have left Croker is a very good chance. That said, we actually need to show up for him to do so.
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player:
Captain Croker
PostPosted: August 27, 2015, 1:53 pm
The Mole ‏@RLW_Mole 32m32 minutes ago
Moley just had a long chat to @Jarrodcroker - absolute credit to @RaidersCanberra
Brett Mullins
PostPosted: August 27, 2015, 2:21 pm
Matt wrote:
The Nickman wrote:Jarrod Croker defended well today. Just thought I should make a thread about it seeing as every time he misses a tackle a new thread is ****ing made about it...

:clap: :clap: :clap: :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup
He was basically a 1 man team yesterday. No one else turned up.

but isn't his job as captain to get the team up? a captain playing as a 1 man band is no captain at all.
points scored mean nothing as a captain unless you're getting the wins as well. him being top point scorer makes me kinda sick
Laurie Daley
PostPosted: August 27, 2015, 2:45 pm
bleedgreen99 wrote:
Matt wrote:
The Nickman wrote:Jarrod Croker defended well today. Just thought I should make a thread about it seeing as every time he misses a tackle a new thread is ****ing made about it...

but isn't his job as captain to get the team up? a captain playing as a 1 man band is no captain at all.
points scored mean nothing as a captain unless you're getting the wins as well. him being top point scorer makes me kinda sick

:lol: one minute he shows no leadership, the next minute he tries to inspire his team to have a go by having a good game and still gets bagged.
Mal Meninga

Favourite Player:
Nick Cotric
PostPosted: August 27, 2015, 3:12 pm
bleedgreen99 wrote:
Matt wrote:

but isn't his job as captain to get the team up?

No. I was reliable informed over and over and over again during the Furner era that this is 100% the coaches responsibility.
Last edited by Pigman on August 27, 2015, 3:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The List - K.Love, Keno, Zippy's tennis angels, LA Lakers, Noah, Boozer, Lucy's horse tips, Colts, Lucy, Kevin Proctor, Dr Zaius, TR....
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player:
Croker, Vaughan and Fensom
PostPosted: August 27, 2015, 3:17 pm
Pigman wrote:
bleedgreen99 wrote:
Matt wrote:

No. I was reliable informed over and over and over again during the Furner era that this is 100% the coaches responsibility.

Not any more it's not. Now it's all the referees' fault.
2012 Golden Boogs Newbie of the Year
2013 'Nella Awards Best Punter
2013 Boogs Thread of the Year ~ The Betting Thread
2014 Boogs Matthew Elliott Award Winner
2014 Boogs some award with Hanbush
Mal Meninga

Favourite Player:
Bay56
PostPosted: August 27, 2015, 4:12 pm
The Nickman wrote:
Pigman wrote:
bleedgreen99 wrote:
Matt wrote:

Umm, I think you'll find it's actually the ARLC's fault.
Mal Meninga

Favourite Player:
Bay56
PostPosted: August 27, 2015, 4:13 pm
Raidersrawesome wrote:The Mole ‏@RLW_Mole 32m32 minutes ago
Moley just had a long chat to @Jarrodcroker - absolute credit to @RaidersCanberra

I'd take that rumour with a grain of salt. Clearly no credit to the Raiders defence coach.
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player:
Croker, Vaughan and Fensom
PostPosted: August 27, 2015, 4:14 pm
Seiffert82 wrote:
The Nickman wrote:
Pigman wrote:
bleedgreen99 wrote:but isn't his job as captain to get the team up?

Umm, I think you'll find it's actually the ARLC's fault.

Well... whatever it is, it's not the coach's fault anymore. He's allowed to have excuses now!!
2012 Golden Boogs Newbie of the Year
2013 'Nella Awards Best Punter
2013 Boogs Thread of the Year ~ The Betting Thread
2014 Boogs Matthew Elliott Award Winner
2014 Boogs some award with Hanbush
Don Furner
PostPosted: August 27, 2015, 4:16 pm
I blame...

Simon Woolford
Favourite Player:
Big Mal
PostPosted: August 27, 2015, 4:57 pm
Dr Zaius wrote:Really? Croker obviously.
Imagine having a numpty like that for a father. It would be like being born a Simpson

Or a Griffin
Laurie Daley
PostPosted: August 27, 2015, 9:11 pm
It's absolutely the coaches role to get the player's heads in the game, and Stuart needs to reflect on what he could have done better last week. But a few years ago we'd put 50 on a team and back it up the next week by having 50 put on ourselves. This year you can count on 1 hand the number of games that we haven't been in. You're having a laugh if you are comparing us to the head cases we were under the previous coach.
RIP Greenbits: 2007-2014
Brett Mullins
PostPosted: August 29, 2015, 9:25 am
CJ42 wrote:
bleedgreen99 wrote:
Matt wrote:

:lol: one minute he shows no leadership, the next minute he tries to inspire his team to have a go by having a good game and still gets bagged.

Trying to inspire your teammates but failing? Is that what you consider good leadership?
Laurie Daley
PostPosted: August 29, 2015, 11:15 am
bleedgreen99 wrote:
CJ42 wrote:
bleedgreen99 wrote:
Matt wrote:

Trying to inspire your teammates but failing? Is that what you consider good leadership?

Lol
Don Furner
PostPosted: August 29, 2015, 7:26 pm
Interesting Phil Gould rates Jarrod Croker one of the top three centres in his position: http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rugby-l ... jaqsv.html
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player:
Croker
PostPosted: August 29, 2015, 7:41 pm
Top four, the winner isn't listed. I would agree though. In his NSW Country rep game, so where he wasn't held back by the team around him, he was great. Would be good to see him in some more rep jerseys to see how he goes.
Get Stuart to realise he is holding the club back and step down to player manager!
Gary Belcher
PostPosted: August 30, 2015, 8:26 am
Same with McCrone
Laurie Daley
PostPosted: September 6, 2015, 3:29 pm
How about that croker hey
Mal Meninga

Favourite Player:
Nick Cotric
PostPosted: September 6, 2015, 4:02 pm
He can play
The List - K.Love, Keno, Zippy's tennis angels, LA Lakers, Noah, Boozer, Lucy's horse tips, Colts, Lucy, Kevin Proctor, Dr Zaius, TR....
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player:
Luke Turner
PostPosted: September 6, 2015, 4:06 pm
He completely shut down an Origin player in Hopoate.
:roflmao :roflmao :roflmao

Sorry, couldn't maintain the straight face after referring to Hopoate as an Origin player. :lol:
Head to Head
Luke Turner - 1
Blake Ferguson - 0

Jason Croker

Favourite Player:
Shannon Boyd
He was outstanding today.
Steve Walters
For the love of god make this circular argument stop. Mind-numbing.

Member No: 3010. Bay 28. Row KK. Seat 6.

Michael wrote:
If life has taught me anything, its that any combination of mohawk, moustache, mullet, beard and the general attitude of a complete pig will get you a long way in that regard.

That's the sound of the men, working on the chain gannnng! Ohhhhh agghhhh
Don Furner
Favourite Player:
Mal Meninga
PostPosted: September 6, 2015, 4:08 pm
Pete Cash wrote:He was outstanding today.

Woodgers wrote:For the love of god make this circular argument stop. Mind-numbing.

YES
Laurie Daley
PostPosted: September 6, 2015, 4:08 pm
Hahaha

Brett Mullins

Favourite Player:
Laurie Daley
PostPosted: September 6, 2015, 4:10 pm
Clutch kick!!!!!!! Love him!!!!!

He just won me 600
Laurie Daley
PostPosted: September 6, 2015, 4:11 pm
He defended very well today
Steve Walters
PostPosted: September 6, 2015, 4:11 pm
I wasn't having a go at you CJ, just making a point.

We play a good team and he's not great, the anti-Croker brigade come out. We play a rubbish team and he plays well, the pro-Croker brigade come out. There's no in between!

Michael wrote:
If life has taught me anything, its that any combination of mohawk, moustache, mullet, beard and the general attitude of a complete pig will get you a long way in that regard.

Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player:
Croker
PostPosted: September 6, 2015, 4:14 pm
Woodgers wrote:I wasn't having a go at you CJ, just making a point.

We play a good team and he's not great, the anti-Croker brigade come out. We play a rubbish team and he plays well, the pro-Croker brigade come out. There's no in between!

So we are ignoring he won the player of the year last year right?

It's been pretty across the board that people agree he had a poor year.... There isn't a "pro-Croker brigade" more so there are some people who like to give it to the moron anti-Croker brigade and are willing to recognise when he has a good game.

If he carries the form from that game into next year he could easily get back to the top of the team too.
Laurie Daley
PostPosted: September 6, 2015, 4:23 pm
Ultima wrote:

It's been pretty across the board that people agree he had a poor year.... There isn't a "pro-Croker brigade" more so there are some people who like to give it to the moron anti-Croker brigade and are willing to recognise when he has a good game.

If he carries the form from that game into next year he could easily get back to the top of the team too.

You're kidding right. There are posters on this forum who see him as an origin centre with the ball playing of Lyon and the defence of Matt Cooper. You're telling me that they aren't "pro-Croker"?
Steve Walters
PostPosted: September 6, 2015, 4:24 pm
Ultima wrote:

Ultima, did you watch season 2014? I don't know you from a bar of soap, but i'm pretty sure you could have been in the running for that award.

I dunno if he's had a poor year, he's been ok. I reckon he's improving all the time actually. I'm still not convinced that he scores more than he lets in, and I still say his physical attributes aren't equal of those of a good NRL centre. But i'm not calling for his head either.

I'm happy he got the top pointscorer, he tries his guts out and i've never questioned that. If he continues to improve he'll come under less scrutiny. As I said earlier, most people on here are too far in each direction IMO.

Michael wrote:

Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player:
Croker
PostPosted: September 6, 2015, 4:25 pm
Dr Zaius wrote:
Ultima wrote:

You're kidding right. There are posters on this forum who see him as an origin centre with the ball playing of Lyon and the defence of Matt Cooper.

And there are some who blame him for the first two tries the Eels got... I'm going to say him making origin, while still pretty unlikely, is a lot closer to the mark than the people who give him **** constantly... He hasn't been the best out there this year but he has been far from the worse, yet would have more people bitching about him in this forum than any other player, although Fensom is catching up...
Laurie Daley
PostPosted: September 6, 2015, 4:29 pm
Anyway, he played well the last couple of weeks and obviously loves the club. He will be among the first picked again and he will get a chance to see if he can be above average next year. No need to argue about it for another year.
Laurie Daley
PostPosted: September 6, 2015, 4:31 pm
Ultima wrote:
Dr Zaius wrote:
Ultima wrote:

You're kidding right. There are posters on this forum who see him as an origin centre with the ball playing of Lyon and the defence of Matt Cooper.

And there are some who blame him for the first two tries the Eels got... I'm going to say him making origin, while still pretty unlikely, is a lot closer to the mark than the people who give him **** constantly... He hasn't been the best out there this year but he has been far from the worse, yet would have more people bitching about him in this forum than any other player, although Fensom is catching up...

Like you were blaming Stuart?

Both are unreasonable to be honest. Croker is no origin centre and he is no reserve grade nuffy. He is the best centre we have at the club. Some of the crap he cops here is over the top, but the constant bickering is also fuelled by the fact that certain posters are blind to his obvious weaknesses.
PreviousNext

Return to Canberra Raiders