2015 Rd 26 V Eels: Game Day and Post Match

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

Who will win between the Canberra Raiders and Parramatta Eels?

Raiders 13+
14%
Raiders 1-12
57%
Draw
No votes
Eels 1-12
29%
Eels 13+
No votes

Total votes : 7

Mal Meninga
Favourite Player:
Croker, Vaughan and Fensom
PostPosted: September 7, 2015, 3:20 pm
Well GE said last night that I'm a pretty good chance of winning the Biggest **** Award, and so considering the words that get edited out on here, I'm pretty happy with that one!
2012 Golden Boogs Newbie of the Year
2013 'Nella Awards Best Punter
2013 Boogs Thread of the Year ~ The Betting Thread
2014 Boogs Matthew Elliott Award Winner
2014 Boogs some award with Hanbush
Steve Walters

Favourite Player:
Blake Austin
PostPosted: September 7, 2015, 3:20 pm
Hard to think you could narrow that down to just one of the awesome individuals on this site
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player:
Croker, Vaughan and Fensom
PostPosted: September 7, 2015, 3:22 pm
I didn't even realise my **** was that big!!
2012 Golden Boogs Newbie of the Year
2013 'Nella Awards Best Punter
2013 Boogs Thread of the Year ~ The Betting Thread
2014 Boogs Matthew Elliott Award Winner
2014 Boogs some award with Hanbush
Steve Walters

Favourite Player:
Blake Austin
PostPosted: September 7, 2015, 3:31 pm
I sure mrs nickman knows

Glenn Lazarus
PostPosted: September 7, 2015, 3:33 pm
Edit
Last edited by novak djokovic on October 29, 2015, 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don Furner
Favourite Player:
Fensom, Wighton, Vaughan, Croker, Hodgson,
PostPosted: September 7, 2015, 3:58 pm
novak djokovic wrote:
Beejay wrote:Has Cornish made a linebreak in first grade yet?

Yes check the NRL app bulldogs game and he scored a try too

Yep, that is his solitary line break in the NRL this yr.
Thanks to Aero for the Sig.
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player:
Matt Rua
PostPosted: September 7, 2015, 4:22 pm
I wonder if Shayne Hayne and Daniel Irvine are to be dropped after a dismal effort in the box yesterday.

Accountability people....
Autism Awareness - Accept Understand Love
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment
Boogs 2014 Runner Up 'Obsession of the year' (can't recall who won)
RIP green94 2010-2015

Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player:
Dane Tilse
PostPosted: September 7, 2015, 5:09 pm
-PJ- wrote:I wonder if Shayne Hayne and Daniel Irvine are to be dropped after a dismal effort in the box yesterday.

You make me laugh
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player:
Matt Rua
PostPosted: September 7, 2015, 5:28 pm
cat wrote:
-PJ- wrote:I wonder if Shayne Hayne and Daniel Irvine are to be dropped after a dismal effort in the box yesterday.

You make me laugh

Yr welcome cat....
RIP green94 2010-2015

Glenn Lazarus
PostPosted: September 7, 2015, 6:15 pm
Edit
Last edited by novak djokovic on October 29, 2015, 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don Furner
PostPosted: September 7, 2015, 10:27 pm
VIDEO: In the Sheds: Lee and Williams

Sam Williams speaks to Edrick Lee inside the sheds of Pirtek Stadium about his crucial try in the 79th minute which paved the way for Jarrod Croker to send the game into Golden Point.

Video: http://www.raiders.com.au/news/2015/09/ ... e_and.html
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player:
Matt Rua
PostPosted: September 8, 2015, 4:26 pm
Can someone clear this up please ?

With the Raiders behind by 6 with 3mins remaining Croker went for the short kickoff to get the ball back. We all saw what happened next.

Q. Why didn't the Eels player just pick the ball up while it was rolling around and run with it ?
Either it would have been play on or Parra would have got a penalty, kicked for touch and played out the remainder of time with one out hit ups yes ?

Instead both teams danced around the ball, Eels knock on and the rest is history. It's like Ryan Morgan doesn't know the rules.
RIP green94 2010-2015
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player:
Croker
PostPosted: September 8, 2015, 5:29 pm
I think the rule is no one can touch it before it's gone ten? If anyone does it's a penalty against them I would assume? I would have to look it up in the rule book but that seems like too much effort.
Fine, don't sack Stuart!
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player:
Captain Croker
PostPosted: September 8, 2015, 5:32 pm
I thought if Parra touch it , it still is their penalty as we failed to kick it 10

Might have it wrong as Im far from 100% on it
Don Furner
Favourite Player:
Mal Meninga, Terry Campese, Blake Austin
PostPosted: September 8, 2015, 5:37 pm
Raidersrawesome wrote:I thought if Parra touch it , it still is their penalty as we failed to kick it 10

I believe neither team can touch it or its a penalty the other way.
Ruben Wiki

Favourite Player:
Jeff "Shakas" Lima!!!!
PostPosted: September 8, 2015, 5:37 pm
Raidersrawesome wrote:I thought if Parra touch it , it still is their penalty as we failed to kick it 10

nah play on if they touch it, penalty if we touch it or the ball becomes stationary inside the ten
Pick the round we will get more than #oneinarow Winner - Round 8 (Wests + Bunnies)
Don Furner
PostPosted: September 8, 2015, 5:38 pm
No, they have to let it go ten first.
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player:
Matt Rua
PostPosted: September 8, 2015, 5:40 pm

It's that easy Rra.
If I kick off to you, the ball travels 5mtrs and you pick it up what's your punishment ?

Nothing, you actually have the option of running the ball at the very least you get a penalty.

What the Eels did the other day cost them a win. It's like they didn't know the rules.
RIP green94 2010-2015
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player:
Captain Croker
PostPosted: September 8, 2015, 5:40 pm
-GD- wrote:

Thanks GD. I was never confident.

I knew it had to go 10 at least.
Ruben Wiki
PostPosted: September 8, 2015, 7:36 pm
-GD- wrote:

This is definitely the rule in Oztag. I'm sure it would be the same in league.

Common tactic against novice players. Kick it short, they pick it up, penalty to you with no effort!
Laurie Daley

Favourite Player:
Blake Austin
PostPosted: September 8, 2015, 7:51 pm
As others have said, if they touched it before it goes 10, it's our penalty. Thats why there was a mexican stand off. Eels wanted the ball to stop before going 10 so they get the penalty but couldnt touch it before, we wanted it to go ten so we could contest the possession and couldnt touch it before.

Who ever it was for us "contesting" that possession did a really smart job of it.
The List - K.Love, Keno, Zippy's tennis angels, LA Lakers, Noah, Boozer, Lucy's horse tips, Colts, Lucy, Kevin Proctor, Dr Zaius, TR....
Gary Belcher
PostPosted: September 8, 2015, 7:59 pm
Pigman wrote:As others have said, if they touched it before it goes 10, it's our penalty. Thats why there was a mexican stand off. Eels wanted the ball to stop before going 10 so they get the penalty but couldnt touch it before, we wanted it to go ten so we could contest the possession and couldnt touch it before.

Who ever it was for us "contesting" that possession did a really smart job of it.

It was Cornish, have to say I didn't see a knock on by the eels in that play
Don Furner
PostPosted: September 8, 2015, 8:03 pm
kiwi raider wrote:
Pigman wrote:As others have said, if they touched it before it goes 10, it's our penalty. Thats why there was a mexican stand off. Eels wanted the ball to stop before going 10 so they get the penalty but couldnt touch it before, we wanted it to go ten so we could contest the possession and couldnt touch it before.

Over time, I convinced myself I did.

Son, we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriate, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on forum -- you need me on that wall. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and moderate a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Laurie Daley

Favourite Player:
Blake Austin
PostPosted: September 8, 2015, 8:03 pm
:lol: No me either, but Cornish (gee im surprised it was him, but ill take your word for it) got himself into a good position and scrapped really hard to win the ball.
The List - K.Love, Keno, Zippy's tennis angels, LA Lakers, Noah, Boozer, Lucy's horse tips, Colts, Lucy, Kevin Proctor, Dr Zaius, TR....

David Furner

Favourite Player:
Ken Nagas
PostPosted: September 8, 2015, 8:11 pm
kiwi raider wrote:

I can't see where the knock on was either...i thought it was when he raked it back into him but after watching again that was pretty clean
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player:
Captain Croker
PostPosted: September 8, 2015, 8:34 pm
Any other player shall be penalised if he:–
(a) willfully touches the ball from a kick off or dropout before it has travelled ten metres forward in the field of play.

Players not 6. (a) If a kick to start or re-start play is taken quickly and the retiring 10m opposing players have not had adequate opportunity to retire ten metres, they may be penalised if they wilfully interfere with play before the ball travels ten metres forward. If such interference is accidental a scrum shall be formed but if the offending player has had adequate opportunity to retire ten metres his offence must be assumed to be deliberate.

Ruben Wiki
PostPosted: September 8, 2015, 8:56 pm
I was happy the players on both sides knew the ball had to go 10 meters from the kick off. There are so many players who don't know the rules from a usual kick off which goes deep and they don't have a foot planted over the dead ball line as they catch the ball to get the penalty on half way. I think we got lucky that the short kick off 'Parra knock on' decision went our way. I know we had some poor decisions go against us, but that one turned out to be a game changer.
Don Furner
PostPosted: September 8, 2015, 9:06 pm
RedRaider wrote:There are so many players who don't know the rules from a usual kick off which goes deep and they don't have a foot planted over the dead ball line as they catch the ball to get the penalty on half way.

That's no longer the rule due to some bright spark on the coach committee or at the NRL.
Don Furner
PostPosted: September 8, 2015, 10:49 pm
Archer didn't even review the Radradra tries: http://www.nrl.com/nrl-hq--referee-revi ... fault.aspx
Bradley Clyde
PostPosted: September 8, 2015, 10:59 pm
greeneyed wrote:
RedRaider wrote:There are so many players who don't know the rules from a usual kick off which goes deep and they don't have a foot planted over the dead ball line as they catch the ball to get the penalty on half way.

That's no longer the rule due to some bright spark on the coach committee or at the NRL.

It's been that way for a fair while mate :/, good few years at least
Don Furner
PostPosted: September 8, 2015, 11:01 pm
VictorTheViking wrote:
greeneyed wrote:

It's been that way for a fair while mate :/, good few years at least

No in the last year or two.
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player:
Croker
PostPosted: September 9, 2015, 3:32 am
greeneyed wrote:Archer didn't even review the Radradra tries: http://www.nrl.com/nrl-hq--referee-revi ... fault.aspx

Must have been the 90% of the non-Eels jersey wearing Rugby League community who got it wrong then...

The real reason, all the games he commented on mattered, ours didn't :(

It's also why I have zero issue with the semi dodgy call against them in regards to the knock on from the short kick-off. Considering that was a 50/50 call in live play to even up two 99/1 terrible calls by the video refs I'm just glad we got one when it counted.
Fine, don't sack Stuart!
Previous

Return to Canberra Raiders