Props to recruit for next year...

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player:
Daley
PostPosted: September 6, 2015, 12:25 pm
Sid wrote:Isn't Tolman contracted?
Yeah to the Raiders for three years. Can you even read?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Canberra Raiders Silver Member
2010 Member # 6917 Go Hard or Go Home
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player:
Croker
PostPosted: September 6, 2015, 4:02 pm
In the under 20 (and yes I know it's the under 20's) TPJ scored a pretty amazing try. Six defenders, still got it down...
Get Stuart to realise he is holding the club back and step down to player manager!
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player:
Captain Croker
PostPosted: September 6, 2015, 6:46 pm
His time will come

He can play 20s next year but Im guessing he will be at Mounties and in FG
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player:
Croker
PostPosted: September 6, 2015, 7:09 pm
Also, with the entire signing a prop thing being overly quite on the media front, is anyone else worried Stuart thinks the game is going to change so much with the modification to the interchange rule that we don't need four props anymore?
Get Stuart to realise he is holding the club back and step down to player manager!

John Ferguson
PostPosted: September 6, 2015, 9:38 pm
Raiders666 wrote:I'm hearing we have Tolman

What's your source mate??

Great if true :D
Golden Boogs Winner 2006 - Best Newcomer
Golden Boogs Winner 2008 - Best Couple

"Nobody's looked better in the Lime Green except maybe Kermit the Frog..." - Reg Reagan.

"this is just Groundhog Day for the Raiders" (Laurie Daley 2/6/12 on 40-0 defeat to Wests)
Laurie Daley

Favourite Player:
Blake Austin
PostPosted: September 6, 2015, 9:47 pm
Tamou looked ok the other night, coming back from another neck injury

I just have a nagging feeling SOMETHING is going to happen that involves a legitmate name player. Stuart has earned the right for us to expect him to get it done as far as recruitment goes.
The List - K.Love, Keno, Zippy's tennis angels, LA Lakers, Noah, Boozer, Lucy's horse tips, Colts, Lucy, Kevin Proctor, Dr Zaius, TR....
Mal Meninga

Favourite Player:
Bay56
PostPosted: September 6, 2015, 9:56 pm
You don't cut 3 reasonable quality middle third players without some sort of plan.

Stuart has admitted we have a stack of cash available and he is quite clear that is the position our squad needs improvement.
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player:
Croker, Vaughan and Fensom
PostPosted: September 6, 2015, 10:04 pm
Tolman would really be a fantastic get IMO, I'd even prefer him to Tamou
2012 Golden Boogs Newbie of the Year
2013 'Nella Awards Best Punter
2013 Boogs Thread of the Year ~ The Betting Thread
2014 Boogs Matthew Elliott Award Winner
2014 Boogs some award with Hanbush
Don Furner
PostPosted: September 6, 2015, 10:08 pm
Seiffert82 wrote:You don't cut 3 reasonable quality middle third players without some sort of plan.

Stuart has admitted we have a stack of cash available and he is quite clear that is the position our squad needs improvement.

He's said "how many" recruits "depends" on how much cap is needed. I'm hoping for a reasonably big name, even if it is not Tamou.
Mal Meninga

Favourite Player:
Bay56
PostPosted: September 6, 2015, 10:19 pm
greeneyed wrote:
Seiffert82 wrote:You don't cut 3 reasonable quality middle third players without some sort of plan.

He's said "how many" recruits "depends" on how much cap is needed. I'm hoping for a reasonably big name, even if it is not Tamou.

Yeah, they've obviously chosen to play it low key after the JWH situation. It will be interesting to see how it plays out. I'm not convinced we'll end up with a big name, but it won't be though a lack of trying.

Tamou would be good (if not a little risky) and Tolman would be great. I have no doubt we have enough cash to equal any other offers from other clubs.
Laurie Daley

Favourite Player:
Blake Austin
PostPosted: September 6, 2015, 10:23 pm
I really wish we'd have nabbed JHW. He'd be just what the doctor ordered in our pack.
A hard, tough, aggressive pack leader who shames lesser players into following him.

Amazing how far he's come from being Jane Waerea-Hargreaves
The List - K.Love, Keno, Zippy's tennis angels, LA Lakers, Noah, Boozer, Lucy's horse tips, Colts, Lucy, Kevin Proctor, Dr Zaius, TR....
Laurie Daley
PostPosted: September 7, 2015, 9:41 am
Seiffert82 wrote:Tamou would be good (if not a little risky) and Tolman would be great. I have no doubt we have enough cash to equal any other offers from other clubs.

Except Brisbane who still have some money left over from when Lazarus went to Melbourne.
RIP Greenbits: 2007-2014

Simon Woolford

Favourite Player:
chicka,lazzo,logan,sisa wanga
PostPosted: September 7, 2015, 10:22 am
My guess is that something has been done and will be announced after said players team has won/ been eliminated
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player:
Croker
PostPosted: September 7, 2015, 2:40 pm
Well if it's anyone from the Sharks or Dragons that should be Monday next week then :P

Agree there has to be something basically on the books now... It makes sense that if a player was planning on leaving his club and they were in finals contention with him being a bit part of their team they would want the announcement to be after the final serious so there wasn't any off-field dramas. Are the NRL still under that "15 days cooling off period" rule?
Brett Mullins
PostPosted: September 7, 2015, 3:23 pm
Pigman wrote:I really wish we'd have nabbed JHW. He'd be just what the doctor ordered in our pack.
A hard, tough, aggressive pack leader who shames lesser players into following him.

Amazing how far he's come from being Jane Waerea-Hargreaves

Mal Meninga

Favourite Player:
Luke Turner
PostPosted: September 7, 2015, 6:37 pm
greeneyed wrote:

If the rumours are true about McCrone possibly off to ESL that would open up a fair bit of cap.
"My own opinion is enough for me and I claim the right to have it defended against any consensus, any majority, anywhere, any place, any time, and anyone who disagrees with this can pick a number, get in line and kiss my ass" Christopher Hitchens
Brett Mullins
PostPosted: September 7, 2015, 7:50 pm
Buttriss was on the cap for $280k this year (horses mouth). We have plenty of wiggle room being opened up in 16/17.
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player:
Joey Leilua
PostPosted: September 7, 2015, 8:05 pm
Jesus that's horrible.. That's at least $130k too much
Don Furner
Favourite Player:
Mal Meninga
PostPosted: September 7, 2015, 8:10 pm
We paid $180k for Lagi Setu.

John Ferguson
PostPosted: September 7, 2015, 8:41 pm
I'm hoping $180k for Setu was over 18 years.....even then that's too much!!!
Wtf were we thinking!!! :x :shock: :cmon
Golden Boogs Winner 2006 - Best Newcomer
Golden Boogs Winner 2008 - Best Couple

"Nobody's looked better in the Lime Green except maybe Kermit the Frog..." - Reg Reagan.

"this is just Groundhog Day for the Raiders" (Laurie Daley 2/6/12 on 40-0 defeat to Wests)

David Furner

Favourite Player:
Ken Nagas
PostPosted: September 7, 2015, 8:51 pm
What's happening with Buttriss anyway? Not much has been said at all....Surely we aren't re-signing him?
Laurie Daley
PostPosted: September 7, 2015, 8:55 pm
Probably depending on garvey
Edrick The Entertainer
Brett Mullins
PostPosted: September 7, 2015, 9:04 pm
Raiders666 wrote:What's happening with Buttriss anyway? Not much has been said at all....Surely we aren't re-signing him?

We want to keep him around for another 12 months ( greatly reduced contract), but he's pretty much over being professional. Sick of all the seriousness of it. He's weighing up a few offers of overseas and capt/coach in the bush. Most likely will go overseas or take a good job/playing deal in country league.
Mal Meninga

Favourite Player:
Bay56
PostPosted: September 7, 2015, 9:33 pm
Given up being a professional. :lol:

That's like Bileducks saying he's given up being a top bloke.
John Ferguson
PostPosted: September 7, 2015, 10:26 pm
Seiffert82 wrote:Given up being a professional. :lol:

That's like Bileducks saying he's given up being a top bloke.

hahaha hmph. That's not entirely fair - to Buttsy.

Jason Croker
PostPosted: September 7, 2015, 10:47 pm
Beejay wrote:Buttriss was on the cap for $280k this year (horses mouth). We have plenty of wiggle room being opened up in 16/17.

What is Matt McIlwrick doing at Roosters? He only had a one year deal. I like Baptise but McIlwrick could be a good foil for Hodgson. A lot of time this year Kiwi could have played both the roll of both Baptise covering hooker for 15 mins and the Jarrod Kennedy covering Shaun Fensom at lock.

We could do worse than having him back.

Jason Croker
PostPosted: September 7, 2015, 10:49 pm
Beejay wrote:
Raiders666 wrote:What's happening with Buttriss anyway? Not much has been said at all....Surely we aren't re-signing him?

We want to keep him around for another 12 months ( greatly reduced contract), but he's pretty much over being professional. Sick of all the seriousness of it. He's weighing up a few offers of overseas and capt/coach in the bush. Most likely will go overseas or take a good job/playing deal in country league.

No surprise Mounties have returned to form since he returned from injury. Has been playing very well lately.
David Furner
Favourite Player:
Past: Brett Mullins
Present: Sia Soliola
PostPosted: September 7, 2015, 11:53 pm
Bay53 wrote:
Beejay wrote:

No surprise Mounties have returned to form since he returned from injury. Has been playing very well lately.

Nicholls has a lot to do with that as well.
Matt McIlwrick would be a handy pick up for a bench spot with the reduced interchange.
2015 Golden Boogs Newbie of the Year

Simon Woolford
PostPosted: September 8, 2015, 6:19 am
Mcillrick is terrible. This year proved it for mine. Was given a solid chance to prove himself and basically proved what i feared all along. M Aubusen made him look like a 2nd rate hooker when they shared 9 duties at the start of the year. If you want someone with versatility there is a bloke i would target...
Don Furner
Favourite Player:
Wighton, Croker, Hodgson, Cotric
PostPosted: September 8, 2015, 8:34 am
Bay53 wrote:
Beejay wrote:Buttriss was on the cap for $280k this year (horses mouth). We have plenty of wiggle room being opened up in 16/17.

What is Matt McIlwrick doing at Roosters? He only had a one year deal. I like Baptise but McIlwrick could be a good foil for Hodgson. A lot of time this year Kiwi could have played both the roll of both Baptise covering hooker for 15 mins and the Jarrod Kennedy covering Shaun Fensom at lock.

We could do worse than having him back.

I totally agree.
I was a little shocked when we released him.
BUT, if we are going to have 2 players on the bench playing 30mins between them, why not roll it into 1 guy?!?!
Don Furner
Favourite Player:
PostPosted: September 8, 2015, 8:36 am
FROG wrote:Mcillrick is terrible. This year proved it for mine. Was given a solid chance to prove himself and basically proved what i feared all along. M Aubusen made him look like a 2nd rate hooker when they shared 9 duties at the start of the year. If you want someone with versatility there is a bloke i would target...

MM was only getting 20-25mins a game. The Chooks would start him then leave Aubusson out there for the remained of the game. Hard to prove much like that.
Ruben Wiki

Favourite Player:
Jeff "Shakas" Lima!!!!
PostPosted: September 8, 2015, 8:47 am
Trade back for frank Paul?
Pick the round we will get more than #oneinarow Winner - Round 8 (Wests + Bunnies)
Don Furner
Favourite Player:
PostPosted: September 8, 2015, 9:11 am
Hbomb wrote:Trade back for frank Paul?

In a heartbeat!
Brett Mullins

Favourite Player:
Jarrod Kennedy
PostPosted: September 8, 2015, 10:36 am
Anyone see Moa take on the Burgi twins on Friday night and own them? He would literally be worth his weight in gold.
Children are the greatest advertisement for birth control.
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player:
Croker, Vaughan and Fensom
PostPosted: September 8, 2015, 11:13 am
IronRaiden wrote:Anyone see Moa take on the Burgi twins on Friday night and own them? He would literally be worth his weight in gold.

So he's literally worth about 5.5 million dollars??
2012 Golden Boogs Newbie of the Year
2013 'Nella Awards Best Punter
2013 Boogs Thread of the Year ~ The Betting Thread
2014 Boogs Matthew Elliott Award Winner
2014 Boogs some award with Hanbush
PreviousNext

Return to Canberra Raiders