2015 Meninga Medal

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

Laurie Daley
PostPosted: September 6, 2015, 8:17 pm
Thoughts on who wins what at the meninga medal?
For mine
Best player - austin
Rookie - probably bateman i suppose due to only him and barnett?
20's - TPJ

What other awards?
Edrick The Entertainer
Mal Meninga

Favourite Player:
Nick Cotric
PostPosted: September 6, 2015, 8:25 pm
Austin probably wins it because he was flashy... i think our POTY got it spot on though, should go to Hodgson. Spliting hairs though. Its not as if Austin wouldnt be deserving.

Rookie id give it to Barnett, havent seen enough 20's this year to know on that one.
The List - K.Love, Keno, Zippy's tennis angels, LA Lakers, Noah, Boozer, Lucy's horse tips, Colts, Lucy, Kevin Proctor, Dr Zaius, TR....
Don Furner
PostPosted: September 6, 2015, 8:30 pm
Rookie of the Year depends on performances in first grade. I'd still go with Barnett.
Laurie Daley
PostPosted: September 6, 2015, 8:33 pm
Pigman wrote:Austin probably wins it because he was flashy... i think our POTY got it spot on though, should go to Hodgson. Spliting hairs though. Its not as if Austin wouldnt be deserving.

Rookie id give it to Barnett, havent seen enough 20's this year to know on that one.

Nailed it, I'd be happy with and see the points for either of them winning it.
Mal Meninga

Favourite Player:
Bay56
PostPosted: September 6, 2015, 8:45 pm
I'll be surprised if the club didn't recognise Hodgson as our POTY.
Don Furner
PostPosted: September 6, 2015, 9:08 pm
It is how the players vote in each match. I'd be surprised if they see it too differently to the fans votes. It's either Hodgson or Austin.
Alan Tongue
Favourite Player:
Ricky Stuart
PostPosted: September 6, 2015, 9:11 pm
greeneyed wrote:It is how the players vote in each match. I'd be surprised if they see it too differently to the fans votes. It's either Hodgson or Austin.

Didn't we have dual winners couple years ago?
Laurie Daley
PostPosted: September 6, 2015, 9:16 pm
I think that the players will notice how important Hodgson has been more than the media
RIP Greenbits: 2007-2014

David Furner

Favourite Player:
Ken Nagas
PostPosted: September 6, 2015, 9:16 pm
Seiffert82 wrote:I'll be surprised if the club didn't recognise Hodgson as our POTY.

It would be the smart move
Mal Meninga

Favourite Player:
Nick Cotric
PostPosted: September 6, 2015, 10:04 pm
Dr Zaius wrote:I think that the players will notice how important Hodgson has been more than the media

I didnt really think so until a few weeks ago, there has been a lot of casual remarks from the players in the last month or so really pumping his tyres up.

As said, you cant really go wrong as long as it's either Austin or Hodgson, both deserving of the award. I shade Hodgson's way.
Really excited to think how good he could be. I remember saying when we signed him that we probably cant expect him to be a top 5 NRL hooker and we didnt really need that, we just needed someone who FG standard... i sold him short, i really dont see any reason to think in 12 months time why he couldnt be one of the best hookers in the game, esepcially with Farah, Smith, Ballin and Luke winding down.
The List - K.Love, Keno, Zippy's tennis angels, LA Lakers, Noah, Boozer, Lucy's horse tips, Colts, Lucy, Kevin Proctor, Dr Zaius, TR....

Return to Canberra Raiders