Cotric!

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

Sam Backo

Favourite Player:
Nadruku
PostPosted: March 20, 2017, 7:54 am
From what I have seen so far Cotric is a gun. Strong runner, good under the high ball but most importantly he can defend. His reading in defence yesterday was amazing so excited and proud for the young kid!! Great times ahead Raiders fans!!

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk
Don Furner
PostPosted: March 20, 2017, 8:03 am
I was about to say he's not making huge metres or high numbers of tackle breaks, but nevertheless is doing extremely well at 18 years of age... looks assured, contributes well and not prone to error. And then I checked his stats.

He's averaging 115m from 11 runs per match and making 4.7 tackle breaks on average. He's missed 0.7 tackles per match and produced zero errors in three games.

That's extremely good for a three game rookie.
Mal Meninga

Favourite Player:
Nick Cotric
PostPosted: March 20, 2017, 8:05 am
His defence is awesome. He's so far proven to be safe as a bank

He's not a game breaker yet but for an 18 year old kid to be in FG and looking like his floor is just a good solid FGer bodes well for his future
The List - K.Love, Keno, Zippy's tennis angels, LA Lakers, Noah, Boozer, Lucy's horse tips, Colts, Lucy, Kevin Proctor, Dr Zaius, TR....
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player:
Brett Mullins
PostPosted: March 20, 2017, 8:10 am
He hasn't put a foot wrong in his first three games. A hell of an achievement for someone so young.
Ruben Wiki

Favourite Player:
George Clooney
PostPosted: March 20, 2017, 8:10 am
Just waiting for him to make a tackle break running the ball out .. he takes a bit to bring him down.
I don't post facts
Gary Belcher
PostPosted: March 20, 2017, 8:12 am
the excitement on his face when he scored that try yesterday was pretty much the highlight of the game for me, he's been terrific for an 18 year old imo and its easy to see why the club made room for him in the top 17 this year.
Brett Mullins

Favourite Player:
Cotric
PostPosted: March 20, 2017, 8:18 am
Keen to see the backend of the season after he and the skipper build up a partnership

Sent from my SM-G925I using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Simon Woolford

Favourite Player:
Adam Clydesdale
PostPosted: March 20, 2017, 8:21 am
I knew Nick would handle 1st grade on his ear. Been watching him for years. 1st thing I look for in a kid that age is his defense and he's very sound defensively. Has a touch of class about him. Will only get bigger and stronger as he gets older. Probably more of a centre then a winger but he's doing a sterling job for us.
Dean Lance

Favourite Player:
Dean Lance
PostPosted: March 20, 2017, 8:22 am
Im very very impressed with the way he has slotted in and instantly looked at home. While I am very excited to see the Croker/Cotric paring develop, I am also conscious that first year players, particularly 18 year old players, have off games as well as they adapt to the week in/week out rigors and pressure of first team footy.

However I think he has been a standout in all 3 games for us, which is quite amazing given our lineup of backs.

It is very refreshing for an opposing teams backline movement to go to that edge and be confident we wont have a winger out of place....

Sam Backo

Favourite Player:
Nadruku
PostPosted: March 20, 2017, 8:23 am
Releasing Lee was a blessing is disguise or planned by Sticky as he saw something in this kid. He's just as big as Rapana too amazing. Wingers score tries but he was overlapped a few times and his timing and tackiling and reading plays was terrific

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player:
Matt Awford
PostPosted: March 20, 2017, 8:24 am
He's been super impressive.

The look on his face after scoring a try was priceless.

And he can catch the ball....
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player:
Laurie Daley
PostPosted: March 20, 2017, 8:26 am
#CroCoPaps? :shock:
Laurie Daley
PostPosted: March 20, 2017, 8:27 am
He's a massive kid, he is fast, agile, skilful and strong. The guy he replaced does not have all the same qualities that's for sure.
Every time he runs he looks like he's on the verge of doing something special but he's been very cautious to take the safe option. In the first half yesterday he looked like he could have chanced going for the corner but took the safe option.

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Bradley Clyde

Favourite Player:
Austin, Hodgson, Fensom, Vaughan
PostPosted: March 20, 2017, 8:28 am
I'm very impressed with him so far, and he's only going to get better.
Jason Croker
PostPosted: March 20, 2017, 8:44 am
Loved seeing him get a try yesterday. He clearly enjoyed it and it was great seeing the team get around him. Once again you have to give Stuart credit for knowing he was ready. He would be much cheaper than Lee and hasn't put a foot wrong so far. I hope he has a massive future with the club.
Don Furner
Favourite Player:
Wighton, Croker, Hodgson, Cotric
PostPosted: March 20, 2017, 9:06 am
Raiders Lim! wrote:#CroCoPaps? :shock:

:thumbsup
ll jump on that bandwagon
Don Furner
Favourite Player:
PostPosted: March 20, 2017, 9:11 am
Ive been super impressed with this kid. He isn't just a kid that was bigger than the 20s boys and played that way. He is smart and physical, which is very different that the likes of Brenko, who looks very flat track bully-ish. He isn't the quickest winger going around, but he is solid as a rock. You could see that Croker trusts his D too. I also liked his hustle on the 2nd 'into touch' scrum play by the Tigers. He made a miss on someone, slowed them down, but got up and got back in the play, and 'scragged' Nofoaluma into touch, along with 3 other Raiders.
Super super impressed.
Don Furner
PostPosted: March 20, 2017, 9:17 am
kiwi raider wrote:the excitement on his face when he scored that try yesterday was pretty much the highlight of the game for me, he's been terrific for an 18 year old imo and its easy to see why the club made room for him in the top 17 this year.

This for me, too.

How many thousands of hours of training and gym work did that smile represent.

Must be a magic feeling.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player:
Luke Turner
PostPosted: March 20, 2017, 9:31 am

#Crocolii
Head to Head
Luke Turner - 1
Blake Ferguson - 0
Laurie Daley
PostPosted: March 20, 2017, 11:31 am
Northern Raider wrote:

#Crocolii

We love our greens in Canberra, try the all new sezer salad featuring Crocolii
Tm CJ42
Ruben Wiki

Favourite Player:
George Clooney
PostPosted: March 20, 2017, 1:09 pm
Interesting to see what Stuart does with Ottio when he becomes advailable. He's at least a few months away in which time the Crotrick combination might be rivalling Leipana.
I don't post facts
Don Furner
Favourite Player:
PostPosted: March 20, 2017, 1:27 pm
CJ42 wrote:
Northern Raider wrote:

#Crocolii

Tm CJ42

:lol:
Laurie Daley
PostPosted: March 20, 2017, 1:37 pm
I'm very impressed.

Probably more impressed than I should be but I'm attributing that to the David Howell/Bill Tupou effect.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player:
Luke Turner
PostPosted: March 20, 2017, 1:53 pm
Raidersfan wrote:Interesting to see what Stuart does with Ottio when he becomes advailable. He's at least a few months away in which time the Crotrick combination might be rivalling Leipana.

Simple. Ottio plays mounties. This is a guy who's coming off an ACL injury and has never played NRL anyway.
Head to Head
Luke Turner - 1
Blake Ferguson - 0
Ruben Wiki

Favourite Player:
George Clooney
PostPosted: March 20, 2017, 1:57 pm
Northern Raider wrote:
Raidersfan wrote:Interesting to see what Stuart does with Ottio when he becomes advailable. He's at least a few months away in which time the Crotrick combination might be rivalling Leipana.

Simple. Ottio plays mounties. This is a guy who's coming off an ACL injury and has never played NRL anyway.

Totally agree but there will be a time, maybe not next season, where the question will be asked.
I don't post facts
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player:
Luke Turner
PostPosted: March 20, 2017, 2:11 pm
Raidersfan wrote:
Northern Raider wrote:

Totally agree but there will be a time, maybe not next season, where the question will be asked.

Ottio to wing, Rapana to fullback, Wighton to 5/8, Austin to prop, Croker to wing.......hang on, think I've lost track.
Head to Head
Luke Turner - 1
Blake Ferguson - 0
Brett Mullins
PostPosted: March 20, 2017, 3:22 pm
He heaps reminds me of khunt
Brett Mullins

Favourite Player:
chicka
PostPosted: March 20, 2017, 4:25 pm
Yep, doing a great job. Nice & solid & has a good footy brain.

No signs of acceleration top-line wingers usually have but I wouldn't be at all surprised if his career path followed the Toots Snr/Luke Lewis path in the end (start on wing, move through centres, a bit of halves and probably best in the back row somewhere), given his build and all-round skills.
Laurie Daley
PostPosted: March 20, 2017, 6:07 pm
The big difference I notice with Cotric over both Lee's is that he knows the game. Both Lee's had huge potential but you could tell they came late to the game and I suspect cruised on their size and skill through the juniors. Brenko in particular struggled for a long time with the basics, although he is now looking much better. Cotric just looks rock solid and his defensive decisions are very good so far.

I reckon the line breaks will come, although he is playing on the wing for the first time so it may take a while. I'll also be interested to see how he goes if Jack gets a rest and he has to play fullback.
Don Furner
Favourite Player:
PostPosted: March 20, 2017, 6:14 pm
julian87 wrote:I'm very impressed.

Probably more impressed than I should be but I'm attributing that to the David Howell/Bill Tupou effect.

I think thats a little harsh. Those 2 were pretty damn ordinary. Cotric is showing much more consistency and probably ability than they ever did at this level, and he has played 3 games.
Don Furner
Favourite Player:
PostPosted: March 20, 2017, 6:15 pm
BadnMean wrote:Yep, doing a great job. Nice & solid & has a good footy brain.

No signs of acceleration top-line wingers usually have but I wouldn't be at all surprised if his career path followed the Toots Snr/Luke Lewis path in the end (start on wing, move through centres, a bit of halves and probably best in the back row somewhere), given his build and all-round skills.

The progressing in does look possible.
Chris O'Sullivan
Favourite Player:
Terry Reagan
PostPosted: March 20, 2017, 6:54 pm
CJ42 wrote:
Northern Raider wrote:

#Crocolii

Tm CJ42

:roflmao :roflmao :roflmao
Laurie Daley

Favourite Player:
Leipana
PostPosted: March 20, 2017, 7:59 pm
Going good, got that enthusiasm of youth

Simon Woolford
Favourite Player:
jarrod croker
PostPosted: March 20, 2017, 8:06 pm
Cotric made 1 play early in the 1st half that really impressed me with how cool under pressure he is.
It was when the Tigers were attacking our line and they kicked into the ingoal . Cotric was 1st to the ball with 2 or 3 tigers bearing down on him. The ball bounced high and awkward. Instead of panicking he batted the ball up then collected it cleanly and took it over the dead ball. Long way to go but the kid reeks of class

Glenn Lazarus
PostPosted: March 20, 2017, 8:31 pm
Matt wrote:
julian87 wrote:I'm very impressed.

I think thats a little harsh. Those 2 were pretty damn ordinary. Cotric is showing much more consistency and probably ability than they ever did at this level, and he has played 3 games.

I don't think it's harsh. He's not comparing Cotric to Howell/Tupou. He's saying he is very impressed with Cotric based on 3 games, but it may be because both Howell/Tupou were so bog-ordinary that it's making Cotric look better than he actually is. If anything it's a slight on Howell/Tupou, who you admit were damn ordinary.
Next

Return to Canberra Raiders