Dugan and Ferguson and Origin III

Talk about NRL, State of Origin, Tests, Four Nations, World Cup, everything rugby league

Moderator: GH Moderators

Ken Nagas
PostPosted: July 17, 2017, 9:35 pm
Well, reports coming out that the two numbskulls have again climbed a rooftop to drink breezers just before playing in Origin III.

Shows you that leopards never change their spots, even when redemption stories run by the stupid media put them in a positive light at their new clubs in Sydney.

We'll see whether that finally shuts the door on them appearing again in further origin matches.
Last edited by Jonalanat on July 17, 2017, 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
David Furner
Favourite Player:
Royce Hunt
PostPosted: July 17, 2017, 9:36 pm
I'll post this, so GE can have a reliable source http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/ ... 90130d66a4

Sent from my iPad using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Sam Backo

Favourite Player:
Nadruku
PostPosted: July 17, 2017, 9:36 pm
To be replaced by Croker and Cotric [GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk
Gary Belcher
PostPosted: July 17, 2017, 9:39 pm
Impressive. That's just really impressive
Mal Meninga

Favourite Player:
Nick Cotric
PostPosted: July 17, 2017, 9:41 pm
This probably speaks to Laurie Daley, Trent Robinson and Mary McGregor's inability to control these star players

It's definitely got nothing to do with their childhood and the impacts of that on their decision making
The List - K.Love, Keno, Zippy's tennis angels, LA Lakers, Noah, Boozer, Lucy's horse tips, Colts, Lucy, Kevin Proctor, Dr Zaius, TR....
Brett Mullins

Favourite Player:
Cotric
PostPosted: July 17, 2017, 9:43 pm
Notaroboticfish wrote:I'll post this, so GE can have a reliable source http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/ ... 90130d66a4

Damn paywalls

Sent from my SM-G925I using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Mal Meninga
PostPosted: July 17, 2017, 9:46 pm
Google News search Josh Dugan and you'll see the article

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Laurie Daley
Favourite Player:
Dane Tilse
PostPosted: July 17, 2017, 11:16 pm
You could see it coming , fergo has moved in with mundine again after breaking up with his girlfriend and is so easily led

Sent from my HTC_0PKV1 using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Simon Woolford

Favourite Player:
Adam Clydesdale
PostPosted: July 17, 2017, 11:19 pm
Not sure if they broke any rules or team protocol. Probably a beat up.

John Ferguson

Favourite Player:
Laurie Daley
PostPosted: July 17, 2017, 11:38 pm
Matty Johns was asked what he thought of the NSW culture amongst the players, his reply?

Theres a couple I wouldnt want doing any babysitting for me. Or something close to that
David Furner
Favourite Player:
Royce Hunt
PostPosted: July 17, 2017, 11:58 pm
Hazza wrote:Not sure if they broke any rules or team protocol. Probably a beat up.

They banned drinking whilst in NSW Origin camp a few years ago, I think

Jason Croker
Favourite Player:
Past: Brett Mullins
Present: Elliot Whitehead
PostPosted: July 18, 2017, 12:31 am
Hazza wrote:Not sure if they broke any rules or team protocol. Probably a beat up.

From the social media replies to the story:
Met friends for a few lunch beers on a Friday. Game on a Wednesday. Nothing to see here.
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player:
Croker, Vaughan and Fensom
PostPosted: July 18, 2017, 6:51 am
zim wrote:

Met friends for a few lunch beers on a Friday. Game on a Wednesday. Nothing to see here.

Haha yeah, it was only a six hour session at the pub, which was against team protocol and leading into arguably the most important match in their origin careers, this is nothing more than a media beatup!!
2012 Golden Boogs Newbie of the Year
2013 'Nella Awards Best Punter
2013 Boogs Thread of the Year ~ The Betting Thread
2014 Boogs Matthew Elliott Award Winner
2014 Boogs some award with Hanbush
Don Furner
Favourite Player:
Mal Meninga
PostPosted: July 18, 2017, 7:46 am
Yet Mal names Dugan in his merit team......

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Don Furner
Favourite Player:
Wighton, Croker, Hodgson, Cotric
PostPosted: July 18, 2017, 8:47 am
Josh Dugan and Blake Ferguson busted in pre-Origin III drinking session

BLAKE Ferguson and Josh Dugan have been revealed as the two players busted drinking just days before NSW lost Origin III last week.

Media outlets — including The Daily Telegraph — are reporting the two Blues backs were dobbed in by locals for a drinking session at the Lennox Point Hotel in the lead-up to the series decider in Brisbane.

The pair famously posed for an Instagram photo drinking Bacardi Breezers on a Canberra rooftop while playing for the Raiders.

Read more: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/media- ... beb95da9f7
Don Furner
Favourite Player:
PostPosted: July 18, 2017, 8:50 am
NSW State of Origin loss is symptomatic of a culture gone wrong

Some players let down Daley and their teammates tremendously. They should never be picked for NSW again.

Several days before the game Daley told David Klemmer he was going to start the game in place of Andrew Fifita. It was a sound tactic.

Queensland negated Fifita in Game II when they got out early from marker and chopped him around the legs. The moment Fifita feels his legs are being attacked he begins to crab across field.

Read more: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/opinio ... xSportsAus
Don Furner
Favourite Player:
PostPosted: July 18, 2017, 8:50 am
Looks like Fifi chucked a tanti too
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player:
PostPosted: July 18, 2017, 9:12 am
Hahahaha this is all fantastic stuff. And NSW were set to build a dynasty after winning one game.... one game!!

EDIT, NSW. You thoroughly deserve everything you get
Jason Croker
Favourite Player:
Denan Kemp
PostPosted: July 18, 2017, 10:34 am
zim wrote:

Met friends for a few lunch beers, got hammered on a Friday. Got hammered in game on a Wednesday...

Paul Kent made a good point last night. He was saying considering Qld have a team with a GOAT spine (excluding Munster), then NSW need to work on the 1%ers to try and get them over the line. Train a little bit harder, make sacrifices you wouldn't make in Club games. Put the team first.

So yeah, they may not have done anything wrong... possibly because there weren't any blondes in the pub for Fergo, they blew their chances to be in peak condition for the biggest game of their lives.

Re: Fifita - Ugh. Today's story was that Daley wanted him to come off the bench to run amok against Qld's tiring pack and he chucked a hissy. He should have put the team first.

Jason Croker
PostPosted: July 18, 2017, 10:40 am
Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:
zim wrote:

Met friends for a few lunch beers, got hammered on a Friday. Got hammered in game on a Wednesday...

Paul Kent made a good point last night. He was saying considering Qld have a team with a GOAT spine (excluding Munster), then NSW need to work on the 1%ers to try and get them over the line. Train a little bit harder, make sacrifices you wouldn't make in Club games. Put the team first.

So yeah, they may not have done anything wrong... possibly because there weren't any blondes in the pub for Fergo, they blew their chances to be in peak condition for the biggest game of their lives.

Re: Fifita - Ugh. Today's story was that Daley wanted him to come off the bench to run amok against Qld's tiring pack and he chucked a hissy. He should have put the team first.

Putting the team first? We're talking about the Duges and Fergo here. Wasn't there another incident at the Lennox pub a few years ago as well. Great little pub btw.
Raiders Member #4173
Bay 72, Row T, Seat 8
Laurie Daley
PostPosted: July 18, 2017, 10:41 am
The Fifita/Klemmer story is way, way worse than Dugan and Ferguson having a punt at some random pub,.

I said after '16 that Fifita was more of a liability than a weapon. And this just confirms it. Should be red lined. And so should Daley if he let a **** **** player stand over him.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
Jason Croker
Favourite Player:
Denan Kemp
PostPosted: July 18, 2017, 10:53 am
gergreg wrote:
Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:
zim wrote:

Putting the team first? We're talking about the Duges and Fergo here. Wasn't there another incident at the Lennox pub a few years ago as well. Great little pub btw.

Well yeah, there's that also.. why those two were selected in the first place is another issue altogether.

Jason Croker
PostPosted: July 18, 2017, 10:59 am
They both left the Raiders with really selfish decisions and were selected for the Blues almost straight away. Is it any wonder the Blues have won one series in just over a decade when you've got muppets like this in the side.
Raiders Member #4173
Bay 72, Row T, Seat 8
Don Furner
Favourite Player:
Mal Meninga, Terry Campese, Blake Austin
PostPosted: July 18, 2017, 11:04 am
The Nickman wrote:Hahahaha this is all fantastic stuff. And NSW were set to build a dynasty after winning one game.... one game!!

Suck a major fat one, NSW. You thoroughly deserve everything you get

There was some hilarious **** written after one win
Don Furner
Favourite Player:
Mal Meninga
PostPosted: July 18, 2017, 11:24 am
gergreg wrote:They both left the Raiders with really selfish decisions and were selected for the Blues almost straight away. Is it any wonder the Blues have won one series in just over a decade when you've got muppets like this in the side.

Not just for nsw, but Australia as well.

Don Furner
Favourite Player:
Mal Meninga
PostPosted: July 18, 2017, 11:31 am
The Nickman wrote:Hahahaha this is all fantastic stuff. And NSW were set to build a dynasty after winning one game.... one game!!

I'm not defending Fifi, Dugan or Fergo. The latter two should never have played for nsw or Australia. However it's clear they are of questionable character and are beyond selfish.

Both Meninga and Daley have selected these players to play at the highest level, which in turn gains them extra money from rep duties and club contract value increases.

To think they are representing their state and country and its people is offensive. Especially when quality players and people like Jarrod Croker go unrecognized.

Meninga and Daley are as accountable as the players themselves. These players should never play rep footy again.

Don Furner
PostPosted: July 18, 2017, 12:55 pm
While yes there probably isn't much in the Fergo/Dugan story the issue is none of this would happen with Queensland. And if it did they would be stood down like Milford and co were last year.

Sent from my SM-G935F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player:
PostPosted: July 18, 2017, 1:32 pm
-GD- wrote:

There was some hilarious **** written after one win

It happens every time they win a game!! They all come out of their little holes crowing about dynasty this, superiority that, completely forget there's three matches to the series and then once they're put back in their holes they're crying disaster and post-mortem

I **** LOVE origin
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player:
PostPosted: July 18, 2017, 1:34 pm
100%green wrote:While yes there probably isn't much in the Fergo/Dugan story the issue is none of this would happen with Queensland. And if it did they would be stood down like Milford and co were last year.

Yep. We stood down the likes of Milford, Napa and co at the start of last year, and at the time NSW fans questioned the decision and our lack of depth for the series.

Well, we won the series, and those guys went on to play this year, Napa was good and Milford looked comfortable before going off injured... those blokes will be fixtures within the Queensland side for years to come, and now know their place
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player:
Luke Turner
PostPosted: July 18, 2017, 1:50 pm
The Nickman wrote:
100%green wrote:While yes there probably isn't much in the Fergo/Dugan story the issue is none of this would happen with Queensland. And if it did they would be stood down like Milford and co were last year.

Yep. We stood down the likes of Milford, Napa and co at the start of last year, and at the time NSW fans questioned the decision and our lack of depth for the series.

Well, we won the series, and those guys went on to play this year, Napa was good and Milford looked comfortable before going off injured... those blokes will be fixtures within the Queensland side for years to come, and now know their place

Not sure where Milford sits in the pecking order now. Munster locked down the no6 jersey and Morgan is set as the bench utility.
Head to Head
Luke Turner - 1
Blake Ferguson - 0
Jason Croker
Favourite Player:
Past: Brett Mullins
Present: Elliot Whitehead
PostPosted: July 18, 2017, 1:57 pm
The Nickman wrote:
zim wrote:

Haha yeah, it was only a six hour session at the pub, which was against team protocol and leading into arguably the most important match in their origin careers, this is nothing more than a media beatup!!

Well that's a media level interpretation right there. "six hour session". Being somewhere for 6 hours doesn't make it what you're implying.
I don't know what the rules are around the protocols. Has there been something from the blues camp confirming they broke protocol or what the protocols are?

Anyway why do I give a crap. **** dugan and Fingers. Carry on.
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player:
PostPosted: July 18, 2017, 2:00 pm
Northern Raider wrote:
The Nickman wrote:

Not sure where Milford sits in the pecking order now. Munster locked down the no6 jersey and Morgan is set as the bench utility.

Milford is our long term five-eighth. I have no doubt about that. Munster and Morgan both have enough utility value to play elsewhere, I suspect Munster could be the long term fullback for both Queensland and the Storm.

Morgan was the best centre of the series in one game, he can really play anywhere, can play halfback if required.
Laurie Daley
PostPosted: July 18, 2017, 2:01 pm

Couldn't disagree more.

If Smith and Cronk went and got on the Rieslings (let's face it Cronk doesn't like beer) it'd be swept under the carpet by the Qld media. That's the difference.

Lockyer is the perfect example. Was an absolute fiend for a thousand Mick Deveres and Jarryd Hayne of a weekend but was perennially swept under the rug.
Laurie Daley
PostPosted: July 18, 2017, 2:03 pm
The Nickman wrote:
Northern Raider wrote:
The Nickman wrote:

Milford is our long term five-eighth. I have no doubt about that. Munster and Morgan both have enough utility value to play elsewhere, I suspect Munster could be the long term fullback for both Queensland and the Storm.

Morgan was the best centre of the series in one game, he can really play anywhere, can play halfback if required.

Yes I agree with all of this 100%

Munster was astonishing in game 3 but not one club in the competition would take him in the halves over Anthony Milford IMO (that's considering Melbourne will be post Cronk). Milf is the long term five-eighth, Morgan will continue to be mr utility because he suits it so much and Munster may slip into the #1 next year if Billy's gone.
Laurie Daley
PostPosted: July 18, 2017, 2:27 pm
Massive beat up imo. Still, life bans seem appropriate.
Next

Return to Rugby League